• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
    eliminating competition?

yet another take on the same story:

https://www.ft.com/content/8e1bd8ac-...d-76378e4fef24

(all but the worst are being booted)

I'd call that a good thing...for us (again)
    No, "Draining the swamp" as it were.

Comment

Draining the swamp, and filling it again with toxic waste.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Actually, he's fulfilling a campaign promise.
        One problem in Washington is that government employees leave govt. service, and begin working as lobbyists and such, using their former govt. contacts, creating an environment of "insiders" who primarily work to fatten their own wallets.
        He's trying to put a stop to that. Which I call a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          No, "Draining the swamp" as it were.
          Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Draining the swamp, and filling it again with toxic waste.
          Actually, he's fulfilling a campaign promise.
          correct he only promised to drain the swamp he never specified what he'd do with it after that

One problem in Washington is that government employees leave govt. service, and begin working as lobbyists and such, using their former govt. contacts, creating an environment of "insiders" who primarily work to fatten their own wallets.
          He's trying to put a stop to that. Which I call a good thing.
          now he can focus on fattening his & his clique's own wallets* - during his tenure. that is good
          btw link updated

* and Goldman Sachs' & JPMorgans' but I digress

Comment

I don't know who they were interviewing, but it's clearly wrong. Otherwise, why did the voters put Trump in and leave both houses of Congress in Republican control?
            A selection:
            https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/09/why-did-people-vote-for-donald-trump-us-voters-explain

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...north-carolina

Comment

All of those people have given good reasons as to why they supported Trump. And almost all of them, in one way or another expressed dislike for the polices of the current sorry excuse for an administration, and the Democrat's agenda in general.

Comment

All of those people have given good reasons as to why they supported Trump. And almost all of them, in one way or another expressed dislike for the polices of the current sorry excuse for an administration, and the Democrat's agenda in general.
                if it'd been Bernie vs Trump who would you & Garkhal have picked?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                  if it'd been Bernie vs Trump who would you & Garkhal have picked?
                  Trump -- Bernie is a commie!

Don't you know!

Comment

Trump.
                    Bernie has a lot of good ideas, but he also wants to give out a lot of free stuff, which I'm not so fond of. If you just hand people things, they don't value them as much as if they had worked for them.

Comment

in that case don't complain about the backlash when things go really sour under the new/old establishment

Comment

And what are you going to say if 8 years from now, domestic manufacturing is returning, more people are able to find decent paying jobs that they can actually support themselves with and so forth?

Comment

And what are you going to say if 8 years from now, domestic manufacturing is returning, more people are able to find decent paying jobs that they can actually support themselves with and so forth?
                          ROTFL

Best joke so far... sorry...

Comment

(talking about a great leap forward into the future?)

I'm going to say that, goddam! Trump's even better than Mao was during the Great Leap Forward because it'd be quite a feat in this day & age to be able to convincingly pull off a similar illusion to outside observers

Spoiler:
                            of course you won't be able to read this because, not being outside, you'll have to deal with reality at home
                            which means you'll either be a casualty of the new establishment, or in the best case you'll still be around but still won't be able to read this because you either won't be able to afford the Internet anymore, or your Internet access to the outside will be cut off

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            ROTFL

Best joke so far... sorry...
                            eagerly awaiting the moment when the joke's on them hehe...

Comment

To do that Trump will have to make manufacturing in the US more attractive than it is to buy from China, how is he going to achieve that exactly?

We have the same problem here, I like to build electronic stuff, for me I can buy 25 of the same item from China for less than the cost of buying a single item from a manufacturer here, and that cost includes delivery, import duty and vat. No amount of import duty is going to make the home grown market attractive when manufacturers in China are allowed to employ kids to do the work.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                                when manufacturers in China are allowed to employ kids to do the work.
                                "employ" to put it mildly :|

anyhow I'm counting on Trump to be a disaster for americans, for the EU's sake

Comment

Working...
                                X