This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    -everyone- is registered to vote garhkal. No one not on the rolls can vote, illegal, or dead.
    No chance to rig it in the way you are talking about.
    But if you have say 20000 people on the rolls illegally, and osmeone votes for them, is that not still fraud?? THAT IS WHAT I am trying to get at.

Fines for us.
    And what happens with those fines falcon??
    What about if someone can't afford them?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      But if you have say 20000 people on the rolls illegally, and osmeone votes for them, is that not still fraud?? THAT IS WHAT I am trying to get at.
      I don't understand what you're trying to achieve. Are you so desperate to hear that some part of your idea is right? Because we agreed ages ago that individual voter fraud exists. It's just negligible compared to far easier and widespread forms of fraud, like voter bullying. Or vote buying (which vote ID doesn't solve).

A 300 or so vote difference due to dead people is nothing when you consider that such discrepancies exist just from applying different standards state-by-state and sometimes county-by-county. If you want to have a fair and clear voting process, the process itself needs to change drastically and the actual process and nation-wide standardization will do FAR MORE than putting in a Vote ID.

There are so many bigger fish to fry than individual voter fraud. But this is the result of the Us vs Them system: Republicans want half-measures, Democrats oppose the half-measures and nobody gets any further with real problems.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Speak for yourself. I'm going to live on the moon
        I'm going to live on Titan. It's a moon with a dense atmosphere And methane snow

Sure it's cold.. and there's no breathable air.. But it's far away from all the madness on Earth

And we could sail on the methane sea

Comment

So...are you going to run around keeping 'em Mexicans from voting? I'm referencing this link that was posted....
          https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/pol...dsM/story.html

What concerns me the most is "His supporters here said they plan to go to their local precincts to look for illegal immigrants who may attempt to vote." the question is how would they know who's an illegal immigrant? Oh wait, that's right. Anyone not black or white.

Honestly, the millions and millions of Americans being intimidated by those gun wielding Trump supporters is a smaller issue than what? less than 3 million fraudulent votes? And how many of those fraudulent votes go towards democrats? Or is it just a "feeling" that they all go democrat? Then add to all of the issues with the very suspicious and highly targeted voter ID laws on the books in many states. Stop pretending that the GOP isn't doing the same thing that the DNC is.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

How do they get on the voter rolls?
            The voter rolls are updated -all the time-. By the time someone who is born here is 17, they are starting to receive stuff from the government about voting. People who immigrate and become citizens, go on the rolls. If the rolls -do- have deaddite names on them, HOW will joe public get those names to fake vote for them?

Is your scenario fraud?
            Yes, sure, its fraud, no one has said it does not happen, what people have said is that it is negligible. I've tried math, I've tried facts, I have even figured in that -every possible fake vote- is for Democrats and it still makes no real difference. Nothing seems to get through to you, you -want- to believe that fraud will make a difference, and if that is how you truly feel, nothing I can say will have any impact because you don't want it to.

Tax revenue
            They would probably garnish wages or social security payments.
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
              I'm going to live on Titan. It's a moon with a dense atmosphere And methane snow

Sure it's cold.. and there's no breathable air.. But it's far away from all the madness on Earth

And we could sail on the methane sea
              pH produces a lot of her own methane
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                Honestly, the millions and millions of Americans being intimidated by those gun wielding Trump supporters is a smaller issue than what?
                I think we're gonna see quite a few headlines of "Trump supporters bully voters"

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                  You don't enjoy it yet you never miss an opportunity to put your two cents in.
                  I'm forced to conclude that it's a compulsion.
                  Hey now, I haven't commented on it for a while now.

I still read the occasional story, like the first one about the UNESCO issue, and I saw one pass by about a rocket not making it across the wall, and Israel doing some air bombings in Gaza as a reply. They destroyed something, can't remember what exactly, no Palestinians harmed in the process (nor when the rocket hit own ground). I think I saw a knife attack -- again -- and a shooting, but that could be wrong. Shrugged and moved on -- old news as it were. Nothing new on the horizon.

Fines are as low as 55€ (60$), and if you do not pay, it can go up to 138€ (150$). But no higher, and it's no more expensive than speeding or ignoring a red light.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    pH produces a lot of her own methane
                    Does that mean you don't want to visit me on Titan?

Comment

I'll have a gas mask
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Fines are as low as 55€ (60$), and if you do not pay, it can go up to 138€ (150$). But no higher, and it's no more expensive than speeding or ignoring a red light.
                        'forced democracy'
                        concept
                        lol

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                          'forced democracy'
                          concept
                          lol
                          You can leave your vote blank -- we even have a ticky box for it on the computer.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            You can leave your vote blank
                            which makes the law even more ludicrous

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                              which makes the law even more ludicrous
                              Hardly.
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                                Hardly.
                                hardly any sense
                                their law basically says: "you have to choose! (but you don't have to choose)"

Comment

Working...
                                X