Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's wilfully ignorant. I'm not sure that's the same thing..

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      Oh, and in most cases, the railways and electric power grids are owned by private enterprise, not the govt.
      So, prices may vary.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Willfully Ignorant, IE, Knows better but chooses not to act on that information is almost by definition an idiot.
        I feel sorry for clowns and jesters, their idiocy served a function.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          So, prices may vary.
          It's done by the private sector, which means it's good.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            It's done by the private sector, which means it's good.
            Well, the prices arereasonable for electricity over here since this is distributed by private companies so there's no monopoly, but healthy competition.

Railways are government owned, so no competition there, just a lot of delays.

Comment

Distribution is one thing, the infrastructure is another.
              sigpic

Comment

I hope for all that this frakkin' planet is worth, that you never ever have to experience the life of a refugee.
                Might have to, If Hillary wins.
                under Trump you won't experience life as a refugee
                Spoiler:
                you'll experience life as a prisoner

Comment

Distribution is one thing, the infrastructure is another.
                  That is true.

I must say as far as electricity and railways go, both infrastructures are okay.
                  Trains are another matter. Opnions vary.

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                  under Trump you won't experience life as a refugee
                  Spoiler:
                  you'll experience life as a prisoner
                  Reason enough to become a refugee.

Comment

Reason enough to become a refugee.
                    ah but that's then nefarious part see he won't understand this until after he's imprisoned

Comment

Too late!

Comment

Don't bother, he is an idiot.
                        We disagree, fine.. But let's lay off the personal insults. I don't believe I've ever stooped to that level.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                          What do people think about Trump's newest plans to promote "Pride and Patriotism" in schools ? https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ls-immigration

What do they want exactly? I mean, what more needs to be done? To build shrines and sacrifice goats to the flag while praying to it promising to have no other god before it? And the fact that so many Evangelicals support him is more than enough proof in my book that they are nothing but apostates, whitewashed tombs.

Also:

When did people start apologizing? Like, for nuking another country or starting wars for oil under the pretense of WMD's?
                          You have to keep in mind the narrative that somehow by not prostrating in worship before the US flag translates to apologizing. It's just a gimmick. You know how ever so often there's news that some teacher did inappropriate things to a student. Now very few people would conclude that all teachers or the majority do such things. But that doesn't hold true to any political incidents that happen. They somehow paint the whole system with that brush and then buy into any made up incident that would lean towards being "unAmerican/Anti-America" despite the logical fallacies involved in that conclusion...or to spite logic and facts. Hard to tell.

That's....disturbing.
                          If I read that article right...he gave the date as a day followed by a month instead of the very unique American method of month then the day...ironic.
                          We disagree, fine.. But let's lay off the personal insults. I don't believe I've ever stooped to that level.
                          While I disagree with name calling and such I wish to use this to make an observation.

Isn't the impetus behind the conservative outcry of "The PC Police" based on the notion that people should be able to say offensive things and the offended have no right to complain? So why complain when someone says something offensive to you?

I try to be more consistent. I don't say offensive things to you in such a direct and upfront manner much the same way I don't feel people should be able to say racist things and then claim foul when they get called out on it and treated as a brute ought to be treated.

Are you as consistent?

Willfully Ignorant, IE, Knows better but chooses not to act on that information is almost by definition an idiot.
                          I get it that it is frustrating talking to someone who displays such stubborn defiance on how things like economics work and then goes in to comment as if they know something no one else is getting. I mean the topics range from basic human behavior to economics and how things impact other things and other topics that a grown person who likes to opine so harshly should probably know about or at least decide to research when widely contradicting facts are presented to them and then respond accordingly by either offering other possibly ignored related facts that are relevant or modify their opinion so that it agrees more with reality (Doesn't mean changing it, but making a better opinion or a better defense/rationale for the original opinion).

It really brings the whole "Face palm" or banging one's head on the desk out forward. But still that is not cause for throwing around personal insults no matter how insulting the "insulted" may come across due to their opinions. Okay there may be a line but I don't think that line has been crossed at least not recently.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

What do people think about Trump's newest plans to promote "Pride and Patriotism" in schools ? https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ls-immigration

What do they want exactly? I mean, what more needs to be done? To build shrines and sacrifice goats to the flag while praying to it promising to have no other god before it? And the fact that so many Evangelicals support him is more than enough proof in my book that they are nothing but apostates, whitewashed tombs.

Also:

When did people start apologizing? Like, for nuking another country or starting wars for oil under the pretense of WMD's?
                            You have to keep in mind the narrative that somehow by not prostrating in worship before the US flag translates to apologizing. It's just a gimmick. You know how ever so often there's news that some teacher did inappropriate things to a student. Now very few people would conclude that all teachers or the majority do such things. But that doesn't hold true to any political incidents that happen. They somehow paint the whole system with that brush and then buy into any made up incident that would lean towards being "unAmerican/Anti-America" despite the logical fallacies involved in that conclusion...or to spite logic and facts. Hard to tell.

That's....disturbing.
                            If I read that article right...he gave the date as a day followed by a month instead of the very unique American method of month then the day...ironic.
                            While I disagree with name calling and such I wish to use this to make an observation.

Isn't the impetus behind the conservative outcry of "The PC Police" based on the notion that people should be able to say offensive things and the offended have no right to complain? So why complain when someone says something offensive to you?

I try to be more consistent. I don't say offensive things to you in such a direct and upfront manner much the same way I don't feel people should be able to say racist things and then claim foul when they get called out on it and treated as a brute ought to be treated.

Are you as consistent?

I get it that it is frustrating talking to someone who displays such stubborn defiance on how things like economics work and then goes in to comment as if they know something no one else is getting. I mean the topics range from basic human behavior to economics and how things impact other things and other topics that a grown person who likes to opine so harshly should probably know about or at least decide to research when widely contradicting facts are presented to them and then respond accordingly by either offering other possibly ignored related facts that are relevant or modify their opinion so that it agrees more with reality (Doesn't mean changing it, but making a better opinion or a better defense/rationale for the original opinion).

It really brings the whole "Face palm" or banging one's head on the desk out forward. But still that is not cause for throwing around personal insults no matter how insulting the "insulted" may come across due to their opinions. Okay there may be a line but I don't think that line has been crossed at least not recently.
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

What do people think about Trump's newest plans to promote "Pride and Patriotism" in schools ?
                              Kim Jong would approve

Comment

and I like this one:

“We will be united by our common culture, values and principles – becoming one American nation,” said Trump in Cincinnati [...]
                                one united nation - with many separate classes
                                hypocrisy at its finest

Comment

Working...
                                X