This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nirude View Post
    After the next election in the US I feel a lot of **** will hit the fan regardless of the result. Could you even write off a coup attempt? I don't live in the US but it seems very, very heated.
    Now there's a dung heap that could ruin it all...

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
    Scotland's not going to let it go... Let it go, let it go...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Spexit is next after Brexit? A huge boost to the conservative party in Spanish elections after Brexit http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0626/798246-spain-election/

Comment

What's next? Sicily leaving Italy? Any other European countries wanting to tear themselves apart that we should know about?
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
          What's next? Sicily leaving Italy? Any other European countries wanting to tear themselves apart that we should know about?
          Considering people are willingly voting to do this, even after seeing Brexit, I'd say they must have some strong reasons

Comment

After the next election in the US I feel a lot of **** will hit the fan regardless of the result. Could you even write off a coup attempt? I don't live in the US but it seems very, very heated.
            No, we can't dismiss the possibility out of hand. But if there is some sort of coup, I think it will be the leadership of one of the political parties squaring off against their own voters. I don't think the sheeple have it in 'em anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
              Belgium's been trying to tear itself into two for decades. Ever since 1830.

Considering people are willingly voting to do this, even after seeing Brexit, I'd say they must have some strong reasons
              Just look at the UK right now to know it's political and economical, and socialogical suicide...

Just read an article about the increase of hate crimes in the last few days. Europeans told to leave Europe. Some Brits don't seem to know the difference between the EU, Europe or their little island.

Comment

The "experts" all claim that breaking off is the wrong thing to do...
                But the "experts" on both sides of the pond have been saying a lot of things for a lot of years that don't seem to pan out, at least for the common working stiffs.
                People might be tired of listening to them. And I can't say that's a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  Except that "the people" always think they know better -- or want differently. And then they get what they thought they wanted but instead the grass is actually much greener on the other side, after all. More **** to keep it green.

Comment

But the "experts" on both sides of the pond have been saying a lot of things for a lot of years that don't seem to pan out, at least for the common working stiffs.

Next time a medical expert tells you what you should do, ignore him. Because after all, the working stiff knows way more than any expert.
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

Thing is, these "experts" themselves are all doing very well, good paying jobs, often in government themselves. And their ideas may be great for them.

Often, their ideas aren't so good for those lower down on the economic ladder, the typical working stiff.

So, from the POV of the working stiff, it's long past time to tell the experts to take a hike.
                      If this is what's happening, I say "about time".

Comment

I think Brexit will be overturned, but it will be by a very brave PM to go against the will of the people, but we shall see, i think that is why Cameron gave it till October, he hopes thats what will happen
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Just read an article about the increase of hate crimes in the last few days. Europeans told to leave Europe. Some Brits don't seem to know the difference between the EU, Europe or their little island.
                          This seems to be happening in England. (which isn't an island )
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Just look at the UK right now to know it's political and economical, and socialogical suicide...
                            You didn't actually expect the UK to handle any major decision like this with any sort of plan did you?

It's a joke of a country politically with no backbone - before and after, and on both sides. But anyways, I think it's a good opportunity for not just the UK but the world to sort some of these issues out, possibly before it's too late. Everyone is talking about it and is engaged, and the corrupt EU will most likely reform or die.

Comment

Joke of the day: the EU now has 1 GB of available space.
                              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

And those same experts (along with polls) all said England/the UK would not vote to leave. Guess they were wrong then. So why not now?

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                                I think Brexit will be overturned, but it will be by a very brave PM to go against the will of the people, but we shall see, i think that is why Cameron gave it till October, he hopes thats what will happen
                                Brave?? IMO doing that would be suicide politically..

Comment

Working...
                                X