No announcement yet.

What was the last movie you saw ? + recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAUL! Everyone MUST see this film! It's a geek's wet dream.
    sigpic
    "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

The Godfather Part II
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

London Boulevard
        excellent soundtrack, good movie.
        sigpic

Comment

Black Dynamite.

Oh man, so many quotes. And now I have "Dyno-mite! Dyno-mite!" as my internal background sound every time something cool happens. For. Ever.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Oh man......The Hangover cracked me up! I saw Bradley Cooper being interviewed recently and I think he mentioned a sequel?

IHS
            sigpic

Comment

On DVD: Wake Wood

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

The Social Network (for the twelfth time. I love it.)
                Guys and Dolls (It's easily one of my favorite stage-to-screen adaptations ever. And, well, Marlon Brando. Enough said.)
                Newsies (always awesome. Not for everyone.)
                Witness For The Prosecution (Amazing. If you've ever read the Agatha Christie short story, you have to see this film. It's incredible.)
                Repo! The Genetic Opera (Gorey as hell, but incredibly awesome. I love it to bits.)
                And, last but not least, Rent. Actually, I take that back. It is the least. The movie as an adaptation was awful. Musically? Fantastic. But they changed a lot that didn't make sense to me.

Oh! Forgot Chicago. Just amazing. Catherine Zeta-Jones does an amazing job as Velma Kelly and I love Richard Gere in this, even if I hated his character.
                Jess | he/his/him | future ruler of the universe
                "Roger that. Remind me to underachieve twice as hard from now on."
                sigpic
                dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

Funny, I'm currently watching Repo! The Genetic Opera, it is just so awesome
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
                    Oh man......The Hangover cracked me up! I saw Bradley Cooper being interviewed recently and I think he mentioned a sequel?

IHS
                    Yep there will be a sequel , and watching The Hangover a 2nd time was funnier than the first
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post

IHS
                      May this year.

This was a very suprising movie to me. When I saw the commercials, it looked like another one of those stupid comedies that I never understand why anyone likes them. But I came across it on cable, and it is really well done. Of course the fact that it has a actual well written plot probably makes the difference, And it stands up to repeated viewing too. Not the best comedy I've seen, but I'd give it a solid B.
                      sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

On TV: Rocky III

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

A Fish Called Wanda
                          sigpic
                          "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

Watched The Hangover tonight. Eh. It was alright, but from the way people talk about it I was expecting much more.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              Watched The Hangover tonight. Eh. It was alright, but from the way people talk about it I was expecting much more.
                              Sometimes it's all about expectations. When I 1st watched the Hangover, I was expecting a 1 (on a 1-10 scale) and to turn it off after 5 or 10 min. Instead I watched it all the way thru, some parts several times and would rate it maybe 6.5 so to say I was suprised was an understatement.

On the other hand something like Dark Knight (which I know you love), I was expecting a 9, and got a 4. So I was extremely disappointed. Avatar wasn't expecting much, got less. So while I was sad it wasn't any good, I wasn't disappointed.
                              sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Yeah expectations absolutely influence how you perceive a movie. I try my best not to let them influence me, but you really can't help it. One of the things that drove my expectations was that even my mum said she liked it--no small feat, since she rarely likes any movies.

I didn't think The Hangover was terrible or even a bad movie. It had some laughs for sure. It just wasn't as funny as I was hoping for.

Comment

Working...
                                X