The Female Thread Of Femaleness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
    You couldn't distract your Hubby with um...those while you secretly bought the Christmas stuff?
    he may get distracted in other areas but when im spending his money he's like a hawk
    sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
      Andrew was actually due in May but was four weeks early; Christian was due in November and was six weeks early...
      And I was TERRIFIED....Andrew was kinda an oops, surprise we're having a baby and I wasn't as prepared as I thought I was. Christian we worked for; still wasn't ready when the time came. With both of them, on they day we finally got to bring them home, I felt like asking the nurse if they were sure I was allowed to keep them and if it was a good idea...

(if you're anything like my sis, the effect would be a little scary actually....)

I didn't have that problem and actually had to convince my body to start working like it should (that happens with preemies though)...once it did though....UGH!!!! It is totally normal though....
      my advice? washclothes....you can wash them and they're more absorbent than anything you can buy....and you'll save money.
      lol awww same here. whoops! guess what? you werent as careful as you thought you were! i am literally dropping bricks as i get closer since im a complete wuss and hate pain, but i hate needles more

it started on christmas day! >.< lol either way this is going to be memorable ill take that advice since the disposable things cost a fiver for 80! O.o its extortion!

did you notice your parents were worse than you? my mother is loving every second of becoming a nana lol
      sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by susanne View Post
        lol awww same here. whoops! guess what? you werent as careful as you thought you were! i am literally dropping bricks as i get closer since im a complete wuss and hate pain, but i hate needles more

it started on christmas day! >.< lol either way this is going to be memorable ill take that advice since the disposable things cost a fiver for 80! O.o its extortion!

did you notice your parents were worse than you? my mother is loving every second of becoming a nana lol
        The day of my first prenatal appointment I cried for hours because I knew they were going to draw blood...hubby made me wear my Superman tshirt to help me be brave. lol
        When it came down to it though, my actual labor wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and had only asked for pain killers in my IV (that I never got around to getting)rather than an epidural. (I ended up with a c-section though...). It's all so surreal that you really don't think about it.

Andrew was grand-baby number 4 and grand-baby number 1 lived with my mom so there wasn't a lot of that "oh I'm gonna be a Nana" thing going on. However, Andrew was the first boy born in my mom's family in over 50 years (immediate family, not counting her cousins and stuff...) and the first boy in my dad's family in a little over 20, so he was a pretty big deal (my mom refused to change his diapers, afraid he'd pee on her lol)
        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
        sigpic

Comment

The day of my first prenatal appointment I cried for hours because I knew they were going to draw blood...hubby made me wear my Superman tshirt to help me be brave. lol
          When it came down to it though, my actual labor wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and had only asked for pain killers in my IV (that I never got around to getting)rather than an epidural. (I ended up with a c-section though...). It's all so surreal that you really don't think about it.

Andrew was grand-baby number 4 and grand-baby number 1 lived with my mom so there wasn't a lot of that "oh I'm gonna be a Nana" thing going on. However, Andrew was the first boy born in my mom's family in over 50 years (immediate family, not counting her cousins and stuff...) and the first boy in my dad's family in a little over 20, so he was a pretty big deal (my mom refused to change his diapers, afraid he'd pee on her lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUwqIi7HRwI
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

although really not as funny once it happens to you a few times....
            My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
            sigpic

Comment

my first prenatal appointment when they drew blood, the needle slipped out! blood was dripping down my arm and the midwife said "oh dear! lets just pop it back in!" and shoved it into the same spot which had by then swollen. which made it so much more painful than the initial prick lol. i said some bad words

this is the first grandchild in the immediate family and i was kinda hoping for a boy since my parents only had girls and when he grew old enough to use the potty i could shunt him to the hubby! lol

and since the hubby was rather squirmish about the idea of being in the same room as me as i give birth my mom has agreed to be there. big relief for him
              sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

my first prenatal appointment when they drew blood, the needle slipped out! blood was dripping down my arm and the midwife said "oh dear! lets just pop it back in!" and shoved it into the same spot which had by then swollen. which made it so much more painful than the initial prick lol. i said some bad words

this is the first grandchild in the immediate family and i was kinda hoping for a boy since my parents only had girls and when he grew old enough to use the potty i could shunt him to the hubby! lol

and since the hubby was rather squirmish about the idea of being in the same room as me as i give birth my mom has agreed to be there. big relief for him
                I would have decked the midwife!

I was allowed to have two people in the room with me, til they decided they had to do the c section. it was kinda funny watching my mom and hubby both look at each other and saying 'no, no, that's ok, you go...' to each other. hubby ended up coming in and just made it a point not to look.
                sigpic

Comment

What? Not in the same room? Darth Becky wont be pleased with this and neither is her sith lord!
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

I would have decked the midwife!

I was allowed to have two people in the room with me, til they decided they had to do the c section. it was kinda funny watching my mom and hubby both look at each other and saying 'no, no, that's ok, you go...' to each other. hubby ended up coming in and just made it a point not to look.
                    ah im hoping i dont have to have a C-section, though the size i think she will be they'll have no choice! lol if it comes to a C-section i think my mother will beat a hasty retreat since she isnt all that strong stomached when it comes to needles, scalpels and stitches lol

hey at least it'll be a fair shouting match ar2. with the hubby ill be screaming obscinities at him and the poor bloke will just take it, my mother however will just start screaming obscinities back!

sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

ah im hoping i dont have to have a C-section, though the size i think she will be they'll have no choice! lol if it comes to a C-section i think my mother will beat a hasty retreat since she isnt all that strong stomached when it comes to needles, scalpels and stitches lol

hey at least it'll be a fair shouting match ar2. with the hubby ill be screaming obscinities at him and the poor bloke will just take it, my mother however will just start screaming obscinities back!

You know what I always say...let the hate flow through you

So you are a pain swearer?
                      That makes sense! I feel bad for the doctors though! all of that screaming. Ukko is right, the most dangerous thing in the world is a pregnant woman!
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh Susie you must be excited your due date is getting pretty close. My sister in law is due around the same time.. and she's just delighted that she'll be having another little girl. She's a bit worried because she's gained 25 pounds the past two months. But I needs me a chubby niece... all my nephews are skinny. I like the chubby babies more ^^ they're generally just fifty times more adorable with pudgy faces ^^

Comment

terrified lol! at least im sure i can lose the weight my metabolism is like lightening. ive remained the same weight for years, no matter how much i may have scoffed. however now theres a baby in there too i have to admit my weight is ballooning im told its the pregnancy hormones again. DAMN JOO HORMONES!
                          sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Jumper View Post
                            Oh Susie you must be excited your due date is getting pretty close. My sister in law is due around the same time.. and she's just delighted that she'll be having another little girl. She's a bit worried because she's gained 25 pounds the past two months. But I needs me a chubby niece... all my nephews are skinny. I like the chubby babies more ^^ they're generally just fifty times more adorable with pudgy faces ^^
                            I have to agree, fat babies are cute!
                            terrified lol! at least im sure i can lose the weight my metabolism is like lightening. ive remained the same weight for years, no matter how much i may have scoffed. however now theres a baby in there too i have to admit my weight is ballooning im told its the pregnancy hormones again. DAMN JOO HORMONES!
                            It'll all be alright and it wont hurt a bit...okay I lie...there will be screaming lots of it but I hear a lot of it goes away once the cute little thing is in your arms.

And I too have a high metabolism...I need to gain weight!
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

LOL poor Susie. And you should worry a little about weight. If your mom didn't lose the weight after you were born you may want to consider exercising. In my family we're all fairly thin... but my mum never bothered to exercise after Samuel was born so she kinda... stayed that way. My sister, Holly, was the same. She gained a little weight with Ryan and didn't work it off.... then she had the old weight from Ryan and put on more with Jackson... now she's a bit of a fatty .

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Jumper View Post
                                LOL poor Susie. And you should worry a little about weight. If your mom didn't lose the weight after you were born you may want to consider exercising. In my family we're all fairly thin... but my mum never bothered to exercise after Samuel was born so she kinda... stayed that way. My sister, Holly, was the same. She gained a little weight with Ryan and didn't work it off.... then she had the old weight from Ryan and put on more with Jackson... now she's a bit of a fatty .
                                *thinks about her mother* O.o I NEED A STAIRMASTER!

and yes, im told the pain is nigh but forgotten as soon as you see that adorable baby youve waited so long to meet.
                                sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X