This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
    Hi chums. I was at the hospital this morning about my knee. It seems that I need some physio, but then I'll soon be back tap-dancing through Mala's World again.

I got a taxi home from the hospital, and my route goes through Holyrood Park, which is a large park in the centre of the city. Our turn-off is along a road which has Holyrood Palace (where the Queen and other big-wigs stay when they're in Edinburgh) on one side, and The Scottish Parliament building on the other. My taxi driver whizzed (driving tech. term) round the corner into this road and I noticed a policeman and policewoman standing in the middle of the road, chatting away.
    We zoomed past the cops, only to have my driver break sharply as there was a whole battalion of soldiers in the road in front of us. The policewoman just stood there in shock, with her jaw hitting the ground, and the policeman ran after us shouting, "STOOOOOPPPPP!!!!"

The policeman caught up with us and said, "Didn't you see us stopping you?", and my driver said, "You were too busy chatting so we didn't know the road was closed." The cop coughed a wee bit, laughed, and let us turn round to continue to the next exit from the park.

Thankfully the troops had their backs to us, as I can just imagine them all scattering out of the way if they'd seen us heading straight for them. (or maybe they'd start shooting at us?)
    ONLY YOU Bev, only you LOL!

Comment

Hi-ho
      Hi-ho
      Back to page 1, we go!

My LJ

Comment

Here's Holyrood Palace. Which trees are your grandfather's?

Our police don't have guns, and shhhh....the soldiers know nothing about it.
        That is one beautiful place!!! Thanks for sharing the link!

I was thinking (yes, thinking, NOT thunking for a change!)...wouldn't it be fun if there was a sitcom (situation comedy TV show) about bev's life???? The Adventures Of A Hirpling, Thunking Hussy!!!! Yes, quite entertaining!!!!

(((((Bev)))))
        Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by Critter

I was thinking (yes, thinking, NOT thunking for a change!)...wouldn't it be fun if there was a sitcom (situation comedy TV show) about bev's life???? The Adventures Of A Hirpling, Thunking Hussy!!!! Yes, quite entertaining!!!!

(((((Bev)))))

Oh, brilliant! Who would we get to play bev? Hmm...Janel Moloney's currently out of a job, let's use her!
          sigpic

Comment

Waterfall - the cat - I love the cat!!
            sigpic
            Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
            My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Page 3!!

OK, much better now.

My LJ

Comment

Bev...this is fantastic news...I do so hope that you manage to get better one of these days. I can't stand to hear of your hirpling much longer!
                Wha...? Just wait till I publish my memoirs!
                sigpic

Comment

Wha...? Just wait till I publish my memoirs!
                  Will they be available to the general public, or will we have to buy them from behind the counter in a brown paper bag....

((((((Bev))))))))

oh wait, you're seeing RDA AND AT in person..... *jealous*

Comment

(((((Bev)))))
                    LOL! Sounds like a plan, although I think a sitcom about everyone here in MW would be a ratings winner.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                      Oh, brilliant! Who would we get to play bev? Hmm...Janel Moloney's currently out of a job, let's use her!
                      Is she that desperate for a job?

What about Amanda Tapping to play me? I hear she's quite good. (and hirpling is her speciality!)
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                        Will they be available to the general public, or will we have to buy them from behind the counter in a brown paper bag....

((((((Bev))))))))

oh wait, you're seeing RDA AND AT in person..... *jealous*
                        Hi KG! You'll be the first to receive a signed copy of the book.

I'm going to TRY to get a ticket for AT/RDA. Maybe I'll wear my red tube top if I do get to meet them.
                        sigpic

Comment

LOL! Sounds like a plan, although I think a sitcom about everyone here in MW would be a ratings winner.
                          OOOOHHHHHH!!!!! And RDA could be the star and we get to pick what he wears (or doesn't wear) and pose him just like we were posting his piccie here in our happy place...now we're onto something BIG!!!
                          Desperate Thunker

Comment

OOOOHHHHHH!!!!! And RDA could be the star and we get to pick what he wears (or doesn't wear) and pose him just like we were posting his piccie here in our happy place...now we're onto something BIG!!!
                            Oh yeah!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                              Is she that desperate for a job?

What about Amanda Tapping to play me? I hear she's quite good. (and hirpling is her speciality!)
                              Forgive me...but just who is Janel Moloney?????
                              Desperate Thunker

Comment

Forgive me...but just who is Janel Moloney?????
                                Janel Moloney played Donna Moss on "The West Wing"

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0597223/
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X