Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*sigh* I need a C'mere from Jack...my show ended forever last night.

Farewell The West Wing. You were great television.
    sigpic

Comment

Hi chums. Don't mind me... I'm just rescuing us from page two.

I got a phone call today, asking how I was doing, from Angus, one of the P.E. teachers at school. He comes from Dundee, where I'm originally from.(although that has absolutely nothing to do with anything! )
      We always have a good laugh in the staff room, and every day at lunch we would burst into laughter as we make rude comments about fruit! My favourite is when someone has a pear and Angus will say, "What a nice pear (pair) she has." We would then become even more childish and start joking about cherries and plums. I know....I know....we are soooooo pathetic, but it's the only way to get through a day at school.
      Angus is very tall, and of course he's always in some sort of sports gear, so I'm always grabbing his knee! (Well, somebody has to do it!) We also have a laugh when we meet in the corridors, as we run up to each other and hug and make kissing noises. The kids all go 'eeeewwww'.
      It was nice of him to call from school (anything but teach!), and I told him I miss his knees the most.
      Last edited by dipsofjazz; 15 May 2006, 03:51 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Just bringing MW back to the land of light.

Graduation is over. Three days of no sleep, packing up my daughter's dorm, walking miles and miles (we walked the traditional walk across campus with lots of parents to take pictures) and holding back tears, but I made it.

Sandra Day O'connor, the chancellor, was one speaker and Desmond Tutu was the guest speaker. Very touching speaches. Tutu is a bit of a comedian, when he's not pulling at the heart strings.

Lots of cookies at different receptions and I was hungry, but I probably walked them off.

I hope to have some pictures to post (just because I'm feeling rather proud at the moment) soon.

Because it was Mother's Day, too, we never expected to find a place to eat and I was willing to settle for Wendy's. However, there is a popular Italian restaurant not too far from the school that we went to a couple of times. Hubby went in and and spoke Italian and got us a table right away. So the day ended quite nicely.
        sigpic
        ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
          Thanks Ivy. We can hirple together. Hmmmm....share Dr. Jack.....hmmmm....
          I don't know about you but i'm getting sick of hirpling already. I could not imagine over four months of this.

I could use another visit from Dr. Jack.

My LJ

Comment

Ah...but if you notice the title of the thread ^ I added a wee thing to help you out.
            Actually, I've added lots of stuff to the thread title over the past few months, but nobody ever notices. It's even there when you quote! I think you've all gone blind from staring at Jack pics!
            I never payed attention to that either. I am now, they are hilarious!

My LJ

Comment

*cough cough* MW is at the very bottom of Page 2, ready to slip into the musty world of page 3.

Or, maybe somebody slipped it back there because of the singing.....
              sigpic
              ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                *cough cough* MW is at the very bottom of Page 2, ready to slip into the musty world of page 3.

Or, maybe somebody slipped it back there because of the singing.....
                Noooo, not because of the singing......although we do have a tendency to go...

*On and on and on
                Keep on rocking baby
                'Til the night is gone
                On and on and on
                'Til the night is gone
                On and on and on
                Keep on rocking baby
                'Til the night is gone*

sigpic

Comment

Noooo, not because of the singing......although we do have a tendency to go...

*On and on and on
                  Keep on rocking baby
                  'Til the night is gone
                  On and on and on
                  'Til the night is gone
                  On and on and on
                  Keep on rocking baby
                  'Til the night is gone*

**tapping toes and snapping fingers in a very hussy like way**
                  Desperate Thunker

Comment

Oh...going off topic yet again *cough* I thought you'd be interested in the fact that I've eventually got an appointment at the hospital next Wednesday to see someone in orthopaedics about my knee. It's only taken them four and a half months to fit me in!
                    Of course, that's four and a half months off work....
                    Bev...this is fantastic news...I do so hope that you manage to get better one of these days. I can't stand to hear of your hirpling much longer!
                    Desperate Thunker

Comment

LOL! I'll squeeze in all the MWers that need a place to stay!

Yes, this is a separate event. The first Gabit was so brilliant and well run, that I think this is why AT2 is happening so soon after the first one.(it's this November) Amanda must have told RDA how well this event is run, and how great the Gabit staff are, so he's decided to do it. It's going to be early next year.
                      I will be so happy for any of my fellow hussies that get to go to this event. Gads...to see THE man in all his flesh and blood glory, what a treat! I know it will be as if I am there too because I just know whoever gets to go will share the experience with us lowly critters that don't get to!
                      Desperate Thunker

Comment

Hiya Mala....just a quick thanks for all the wonderful smileys you've put together for us. They are thunk and shipper FANTASTIC!!!!! (((((Mala)))))
                        Desperate Thunker

Comment

Hi chums. I was at the hospital this morning about my knee. It seems that I need some physio, but then I'll soon be back tap-dancing through Mala's World again.

I got a taxi home from the hospital, and my route goes through Holyrood Park, which is a large park in the centre of the city. Our turn-off is along a road which has Holyrood Palace (where the Queen and other big-wigs stay when they're in Edinburgh) on one side, and The Scottish Parliament building on the other. My taxi driver whizzed (driving tech. term) round the corner into this road and I noticed a policeman and policewoman standing in the middle of the road, chatting away.
                          We zoomed past the cops, only to have my driver break sharply as there was a whole battalion of soldiers in the road in front of us. The policewoman just stood there in shock, with her jaw hitting the ground, and the policeman ran after us shouting, "STOOOOOPPPPP!!!!"

The policeman caught up with us and said, "Didn't you see us stopping you?", and my driver said, "You were too busy chatting so we didn't know the road was closed." The cop coughed a wee bit, laughed, and let us turn round to continue to the next exit from the park.

Thankfully the troops had their backs to us, as I can just imagine them all scattering out of the way if they'd seen us heading straight for them. (or maybe they'd start shooting at us?)
                          sigpic

Comment

Hi chums. I was at the hospital this morning about my knee. It seems that I need some physio, but then I'll soon be back tap-dancing through Mala's World again.

I got a taxi home from the hospital, and my route goes through Holyrood Park, which is a large park in the centre of the city. Our turn-off is along a road which has Holyrood Palace (where the Queen and other big-wigs stay when they're in Edinburgh) on one side, and The Scottish Parliament building on the other. My taxi driver whizzed (driving tech. term) round the corner into this road and I noticed a policeman and policewoman standing in the middle of the road, chatting away.
                            We zoomed past the cops, only to have my driver break sharply as there was a whole battalion of soldiers in the road in front of us. The policewoman just stood there in shock, with her jaw hitting the ground, and the policeman ran after us shouting, "STOOOOOPPPPP!!!!"

The policeman caught up with us and said, "Didn't you see us stopping you?", and my driver said, "You were too busy chatting so we didn't know the road was closed." The cop coughed a wee bit, laughed, and let us turn round to continue to the next exit from the park.

Thankfully the troops had their backs to us, as I can just imagine them all scattering out of the way if they'd seen us heading straight for them. (or maybe they'd start shooting at us?)
                            Interesting...you're lucky that you didn't get shot like you were some terrorist!!!
                            Speaking of Holyrood Palace, my grandfather used to work there as a gardener,he worked for King George and the Queen Mum.(WAY long time ago) So if you see any older trees and such, it was probably him who planted them.....just thought I'd share....

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall

Interesting...you're lucky that you didn't get shot like you were some terrorist!!!
                              Speaking of Holyrood Palace, my grandfather used to work there as a gardener,he worked for King George and the Queen Mum.(WAY long time ago) So if you see any older trees and such, it was probably him who planted them.....just thought I'd share....

waterfall
                              Here's Holyrood Palace. Which trees are your grandfather's?

Our police don't have guns, and shhhh....the soldiers know nothing about it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall

waterfall
                                Cool, Royal-Tree's!

Your sig is too much LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X