This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
    *grins* My mom has short hair and always keeps a perm in it. (She's into *no* maintenance hairstyling!) I've always joked with her (with much lurve of course) about her "poodle perm."

(((Blueiris))))
    I find longer hair, shoulder hair at least, easier to maintain that short hair. Of course, all I do is roll it so the ends hang better. Curls drop out of my hair within an hour no matter what I do. The perm really is just for body. I have extremely straight, thin hair, but lots and lots of hair. Short hair I had to do something with it or it looked like a cap on my head. My hair was to my waist in high school and straight was fine. Now, I need some body in there.

What really bothers me is that the gray is starting to show. My hair is dark blonde so the little gray I had just sorta blended in. Now, I am able to notice it. Maybe I will do some highlights or something in the fall.

My daughter is 21 and she has gray hair, and has had it for a few years. She hates it and I feel so sorry for her. People have started asking her, "is that gray hair?" I tell her it is hardly noticeable and I believe that, but when others point it out its hard to convince her. She gets highlights to cover it.

*I will try and post a pic of her after graduation.*
    sigpic
    ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

No... *I* looked like Little Orphan Annie. Forget which year in HS it was... Freshman? Can't remember... But...... Got the perm *AND* a shorter cut. 'Cept I really hadn't realized just how stinking short the perm had pulled the cut. 'Couple classmates did make the little Orphan Annie comment. (And I started to use the curling iron on it immediately!!!!!)

Ehhh, errrhmmm, you were saying your the only reason what the lopsided halo doesn't fall totally off was because of the innocence of your mane. (Or was that man pronounced with a s'thren accent?)
      Uh yeah....it's the accent. *ahem*

*pics up halo from under trash in gutter and polishes*

*reminds SS not to sit on my halo again*

Comment

Hi chums. I've been mumping and moaning in the shipper thread for the past couple of days because I'm not too happy about the spoilers. I came across this post which mentions
        Spoiler:
        the recently retired Jack O'Neill
        and I thought you guys may be interested. Remember there are big spoilers if you read her post and click the link in the post. You have been warned!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
          Hi chums. I've been mumping and moaning in the shipper thread for the past couple of days because I'm not too happy about the spoilers. I came across this post which mentions
          Spoiler:
          the recently retired Jack O'Neill
          and I thought you guys may be interested. Remember there are big spoilers if you read her post and click the link in the post. You have been warned!
          Greetings, Mala fans, from beautiful St. John. I'm tempted to look at Melayana's spoilers, but I've been thinking about how this is the perfect place for Sam and Jack's wedding, and I don't want anything to spoil it for me right now. I think I'll always like SG and am looking forward to s10, but any more bad shippy news and I'll run away and become a beach bum.

Speaking of perms, been there, done that. I had my hair permed in the 80's, and I die now when I see pictures of myself with poodle hair. Now it's straight and chin length and I don't do much with it. Even so, I think it looks a lot better this way. I remember some episodes from the early seasons when Sam's hair looked really good - soft and shiny and relatively neat. What happened? She's so beautiful and I hate seeing her with fried broomstick hair.

Hey, the steel drum band is starting up. Can you hear them? See you all later.

sigpic
          s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Hi Sugar! I heard from neighbor that St.Johns is like paradise! Just don't be tempted to bring home those baby iguanna's LOL!

My hair was just cut back again to chin level. It was just below shoulder level. I prefer longer hair but it's difficult for me style the back since my arms can't reach due to my past shoulder injury. Something didn't heal correctly after surgery. but I like this length too. My hair is also fine and straight.

It's Kentucky Derby Day!! I'll pick A.P. Warrior to win!!!

Comment

Whew! GateWorld's back up and running! I thought I broke it since it went down after my last post. You sure don't know how much you miss something until it's gone.
              Oh and, my horsey didn't come in first but my second pick did! I do believe we may a Triple Crown winner this year.

Comment

We were about to drop to page four! Holy Hannah!

I had an unexpected gig yesterday.The evening before, I received a phone call from John, leader of an English band. They were coming up to Scotland to play at the Peebles Jazz Festival (approx. 25 miles south of Edinburgh),and their banjo player had to call off through illness. I'm not too sure how many people they'd phoned before me (I know how these things work! ), but I was willing to play, except for the fact that I couldn't physically get myself to Peebles since I'm still unable to drive because of my stupid knee. Many phone calls later, I had transport. People in the jazz scene are really helpful and friendly, and I was picked up from my flat by one person, and eventually delivered back home by another. I quite like this whole idea of being chauffeured around.

Oh, by the way, the gig was great, and I even played a few correct chords on my banjo!
                sigpic

Comment

I had an unexpected gig yesterday.The evening before, I received a phone call from John, leader of an English band. They were coming up to Scotland to play at the Peebles Jazz Festival (approx. 25 miles south of Edinburgh),and their banjo player had to call off through illness. I'm not too sure how many people they'd phoned before me (I know how these things work! ), but I was willing to play, except for the fact that I couldn't physically get myself to Peebles since I'm still unable to drive because of my stupid knee. Many phone calls later, I had transport. People in the jazz scene are really helpful and friendly, and I was picked up from my flat by one person, and eventually delivered back home by another. I quite like this whole idea of being chauffeured around.

Oh, by the way, the gig was great, and I even played a few correct chords on my banjo!
                  Cool! Been practicing mine but I definately have to get an arm rest. My forearm is sore from resting it on the edge
                  Reading of bands, guess who bought the house directly next door to me? B B Kings lead guitar player. He's was jamming with his drummer Saturday evening and at this very moment, is jamming with his own private band. Wish I could stick a microphone in here so you could here this! Maybe I'll start selling tickets !

Comment

Sharing an interesting article that Tsaxlady posted a link to in the Sam's a Great Character Thread. Most of the stuff is things that have been posted in interviews the past couple months. But what irritated me is.....
                    Spoiler:
                    the fact that it, to me in MOHO, confirms that they *ARE* going to waste RDA's appearances and put them back on the level of his S9 appearances. It would appear of the 5 that that originally vaguely touted to fans, only 2 will be SG-1. Of those 2 one will be the 200th. (read: throwaway episode) *sighs* Ratings ploy, ratings ploy, ratings ploy.

And yes, I know that's how the world spins... But y'know what? Sometimes ratings ploys can be damned good if written right. But I'm ye of little faith anymore concerning the writing and overall direction of the show now.

Time to crawl back under that spoiler free rock...

http://www.multichannel.com/article/...ay=Top+Stories

Now back to your regularly scheduled thunk and ship programming..........
                    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                      Cool! Been practicing mine but I definately have to get an arm rest. My forearm is sore from resting it on the edge
                      Reading of bands, guess who bought the house directly next door to me? B B Kings lead guitar player. He's was jamming with his drummer Saturday evening and at this very moment, is jamming with his own private band. Wish I could stick a microphone in here so you could here this! Maybe I'll start selling tickets !
                      My hubby would love that. He loves B.B. King!
                      sigpic
                      ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Bev, this knee injury sounds very serious. I know you joke a lot about it, but be careful out and about.
                        sigpic

Comment

Sharing an interesting article that Tsaxlady posted a link to in the Sam's a Great Character Thread. Most of the stuff is things that have been posted in interviews the past couple months. But what irritated me is.....
                          Spoiler:
                          the fact that it, to me in MOHO, confirms that they *ARE* going to waste RDA's appearances and put them back on the level of his S9 appearances. It would appear of the 5 that that originally vaguely touted to fans, only 2 will be SG-1. Of those 2 one will be the 200th. (read: throwaway episode) *sighs* Ratings ploy, ratings ploy, ratings ploy.

And yes, I know that's how the world spins... But y'know what? Sometimes ratings ploys can be damned good if written right. But I'm ye of little faith anymore concerning the writing and overall direction of the show now.

That's very interesting, SS.

I, however, enjoyed Wormhole Extreme and RDA in it. No, it wasn't the best episode and not 100th episode worthy, but I enjoyed it none-the-less. As for the 200th episode,
                          Spoiler:
                          I am not completely dis-heartened. It does say "......and forbidden romances finally bloom."
                          Ideally, RDA would be in all 5 episodes of SG-1 and have a nice story arc, but that ain't happenin'. So, hopefully, they will concentrate Jack in those 2 and I will love seeing him. I love Atlantis, so I look forward to seeing Jack there, too.

Could be I'm just so happy to see Jack/RDA that I am willing to overlook ratings ploys and such. I've got a thunky vibe topped with ship going and I don't want to give it up just yet!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                            Greetings, Mala fans, from beautiful St. John. I'm tempted to look at Melayana's spoilers, but I've been thinking about how this is the perfect place for Sam and Jack's wedding, and I don't want anything to spoil it for me right now. I think I'll always like SG and am looking forward to s10, but any more bad shippy news and I'll run away and become a beach bum.

Speaking of perms, been there, done that. I had my hair permed in the 80's, and I die now when I see pictures of myself with poodle hair. Now it's straight and chin length and I don't do much with it. Even so, I think it looks a lot better this way. I remember some episodes from the early seasons when Sam's hair looked really good - soft and shiny and relatively neat. What happened? She's so beautiful and I hate seeing her with fried broomstick hair.

Hey, the steel drum band is starting up. Can you hear them? See you all later.
                            Did ya see Maybourne?
                            sigpic
                            Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                            My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Mala I have a request - is there a smilie of Jack with his fingers in his ears saying 'La,la,la,la.la'?
                              sigpic
                              Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                              My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Spoiler:

I had a chuckle when I read this quote.

The spontaneous antics are led by Stargate's venerable pied piper, star and former executive producer Richard Dean Anderson (Captain Jack O'Neill).

Captain? I obviously missed something somewhere. Hey! That means He and Sam were the same rank at some point! *snark*

Comment

Working...
                                X