This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
    LOL! I'll squeeze in all the MWers that need a place to stay!

Yes, this is a separate event. The first Gabit was so brilliant and well run, that I think this is why AT2 is happening so soon after the first one.(it's this November) Amanda must have told RDA how well this event is run, and how great the Gabit staff are, so he's decided to do it. It's going to be early next year.

So that's a yes? You're going, Doh! Cool, if you're serious, I'll bring my Jo!

Comment

Mala? I sincerely was torn as to where I should post my 1,000 post.
      I have to say it was between here and the S/J discussion thread.
      I chose the S/J thread only because that's where my GW roots began.
      The shipper in me won out but the memories of the old S/J thread will never be forgotten which include the almighty Mala and her whimsicle ways which I still love to visit here . I owe you many thanks for the much needed laughs I've encountered there and here.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
        So that's a yes? You're going, Doh! Cool, if you're serious, I'll bring my Jo!
        I'm going to try my best to get a ticket. How can I NOT go to this?????
        sigpic

Comment

I'm going to try my best to get a ticket. How can I NOT go to this?????

You can NOT try to go to this! The same with me and Shore leave. It's just too good to be true!

Comment

Completely off topic...(we have a topic?)..I bought my mum tickets to see the musical "Mama Mia" for her Christmas, and she asked me to go see it with her. We went a couple of days ago and it was absolutely brilliant! I highly recommend it to anyone wondering whether to go or not. Of course, it helps if you love ABBA, which I do, but it's a fun story and great songs. *Mama Mia....here I go again....lala..lalalalalaalaaaa*
            Last edited by dipsofjazz; 22 May 2006, 01:59 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Completely off topic...(we have a topic?)..I bought my mum tickets to see the musical "Mama Mia" for her Christmas, and she asked me to go see it with her. We went a couple of days ago and it was absolutely brilliant! I highly recommend it to anyone wondering whether to go or not. Of course, it helps if you love ABBA, which I do, but it's a fun story and great songs. *Mama mia....here I go again....lala..lalalalalaalaaaa*
              *whimpers* Please don't sing.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                \
                LOL!!! Miss ya Kliggins!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                  *You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life..woooo...
                  See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the Dancing Queen*...
                  sigpic

Comment

Completely off topic again....
                    Yesterday I was at the funeral of the wife of a trombone player (Alan) from the jazz scene. There was a very large crowd at the crematorium, as she was well-loved. This crowd included many, many jazz musicians.
                    We were all standing outside in the sunshine chatting away, when the hearse and the family car arrived, which instantly silenced everyone. Alan got out the car and looked around, when his eyes settled on the group of musicians.
                    His comment, for everyone to hear, was, "I should have ordered more pies!".

Everyone instantly burst into laughter, which set the tone for the whole event. Gotta love that guy.

BTW: He was refering to scotch pies, which are small meat pies and are a staple diet of every Scot!
                    sigpic

Comment

Completely off topic again....
                      Yesterday I was at the funeral of the wife of a trombone player (Alan) from the jazz scene. There was a very large crowd at the crematorium, as she was well-loved. This crowd included many, many jazz musicians.
                      We were all standing outside in the sunshine chatting away, when the hearse and the family car arrived, which instantly silenced everyone. Alan got out the car and looked around, when his eyes settled on the group of musicians.
                      His comment, for everyone to hear, was, "I should have ordered more pies!".

Everyone instantly burst into laughter, which set the tone for the whole event. Gotta love that guy.

BTW: He was refering to scotch pies, which are small meat pies and are a staple diet of every Scot!
                      Now that was a Jackism if I ever heard one!

Comment

LOL! I'll squeeze in all the MWers that need a place to stay!
                        *thoughtful look on face* Hmmmm..... so maybe I can delegate bathroom painting duties to one of the other MW'ers.... Dusting to someone else too (not my strong point & makes me sneeze!)...
                        Yes, this is a separate event. The first Gabit was so brilliant and well run, that I think this is why AT2 is happening so soon after the first one.(it's this November) Amanda must have told RDA how well this event is run, and how great the Gabit staff are, so he's decided to do it. It's going to be early next year.
                        Wonder what kind of event it'll be? Hopefully a weekend event like GABIT.

*another contemplative moment*

Bev..... what's Scotland like in January/February?????
                        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                          *thoughtful look on face* Hmmmm..... so maybe I can delegate bathroom painting duties to one of the other MW'ers.... Dusting to someone else too (not my strong point & makes me sneeze!)...
                          Wonder what kind of event it'll be? Hopefully a weekend event like GABIT.

*another contemplative moment*

Bev..... what's Scotland like in January/February?????
                          If you're coming to Scotland in Jan/Feb, you'd better bring your winter woolies and a raincoat!
                          sigpic

Comment

*You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life..woooo...
                            See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the Dancing Queen*...
                            "Yooooooooou are the DANcin' Queeeen, young and sweet, only seventeeeeeeen....()
                            Dancin' queeeen, feel the beeeeeat from the tambouriiiiiiiiine...."
                            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

If you're coming to Scotland in Jan/Feb, you'd better bring your winter woolies and a raincoat!
                              No snow or ice? Raincoat????!

(As it is SS is hoping to survive London in November with her regular coat and an umbrella...)

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                                "Yooooooooou are the DANcin' Queeeen, young and sweet, only seventeeeeeeen....()
                                Dancin' queeeen, feel the beeeeeat from the tambouriiiiiiiiine...."
                                *Money, money, money
                                Must be funny
                                In the rich man's world
                                Money, money, money
                                Always sunny
                                In the rich man's world
                                Aha-ahaaa
                                All the things I could do
                                If I had a little money
                                It's a rich man's world*

...all together now....
                                sigpic