X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG~!! 4 more pages since I left? DUDE!

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
    Great idea Milena about the folklore. That will be fun to have in here.

And I do think you are going to make me blush.
    Yay Folklore!

Originally posted by isabelqc View Post
    They're from behind the scene special if I'm right. Farscape Undressed, I think? Any Scapers feel free to correct me
    And...where might one find these Undressed segments, pray tell?

We have a second page!! Woot!! To celebrate Lee Adama undresses for us!

Whoooooooooooooooooooooey! Hot dang...*drooool*

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
    JUST BECAUSE WE CAN. This OTness is so much fun. Great idea Wendy.

*more drool*

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
    I can't forget my 2 favorite Non-PG pics of Crichton...

*growl*

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
    I'm back well I got somemore TnT pic some real hot ones

Too Bad it was just T'Pols dream

...notice how I've gotten less and less eloquent with every intentional repost

List of Participates for
    Let's Watch Farscape Together

1. Wendy
    2. Cat
    3. Erika
    4. Susan
    5. Nat
    6. Stef
    7. Milena --> I might not be too active though because of RL
    ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

For Milena because even though she doesn't actively put it out there I know she ships Shep and Teyla And I already posted Sparky and McShep

For size:
      Spoiler:
      banner by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by Kath Pup View Post
        Announcement from your Queens:

We have been remiss in our duties. We have an Official OT Thread, but we forgot to post the Official OT Dance. So, for your viewing pleasure:

The Official OT Dance!

That was great. I had forgotten all about that part.
        sigpic
        Sig made by me

Comment

Okay, I said I'd come in here for ranting...and I meant it

Can ANYONE explain to me how anything is different now that Carter is in command instead of Weir? I'm not trying to bash Carter here, I'm just wondering. Because I thought the reason they got rid of Weir was because they couldn't find ways of including her in stories, that Carter's extensive military experience and scientific knowledge would make her integral to the story. Has that been shown yet?? She's just coming across the same as Weir was....except Weir was a better fit

I admit that I am a Sparky fan, so I like Elizabeth...but here's the thing, I was never a HUGE fan of her character. I like her well enough, I thought she did a good job in her role...but I was never with her like I was/am with Vala. But now, now my respect for her character has increased exponentially. Without her (and Carson), I feel like the show has lost itself...and I find myself missing her in episodes where I wouldn't think I would.

Am I the only one who feels this way? Like I said, nothing against Carter...I liked her well enough on SG-1...but she's just not working for me on SGA, and I feel like I'm liking her less and less as each episode goes on

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

For Milena because even though she doesn't actively put it out there I know she ships Shep and Teyla And I already posted Sparky and McShep

For size:
            Spoiler:
            Ya hayeetii, how you take care of me *tacklehugs*

...though I noticed you chose the sweet forehead thing instead of the kiss

Originally posted by Stef View Post

Can ANYONE explain to me how anything is different now that Carter is in command instead of Weir? I'm not trying to bash Carter here, I'm just wondering. Because I thought the reason they got rid of Weir was because they couldn't find ways of including her in stories, that Carter's extensive military experience and scientific knowledge would make her integral to the story. Has that been shown yet?? She's just coming across the same as Weir was....except Weir was a better fit

I admit that I am a Sparky fan, so I like Elizabeth...but here's the thing, I was never a HUGE fan of her character. I like her well enough, I thought she did a good job in her role...but I was never with her like I was/am with Vala. But now, now my respect for her character has increased exponentially. Without her (and Carson), I feel like the show has lost itself...and I find myself missing her in episodes where I wouldn't think I would.

Am I the only one who feels this way? Like I said, nothing against Carter...I liked her well enough on SG-1...but she's just not working for me on SGA, and I feel like I'm liking her less and less as each episode goes on

-Stef
            I haven't seen any but the first two but Sam's new-found attitude (especially toward my adorable Bill Lee) is not swaying me to her favour so far.
            ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

-Stef
              Me Too it was a politcal move I tell ya not creative that's why we in the Anti season 4 are complaining.
              sigpic
              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

-Stef
                I completely agree with you Stef. Carter was not the person to bring to Atlantis. I have nothing against the character of Carter. I always liked her, I just don't think she is right for the show. I will keep watching Atlantis, but it has lost a little something with Weir and Beckett both gone.

I also don't really like Sam's hair long. Not sure what I don't like about it, I just don't...LOL
                sigpic
                Sig made by me

Comment

See that's exactly the thing. I haven't see them do anything with Carter's character differently than they did with Elizabeth's. Okay, Sam has the military experience, but we really haven't seen that. And in the one episode we kinda did (Reunion) it felt off, because as leader of Atlantis she shouldn't have put herself in that position. She can't be going off world on mission when she has a city to run. I know they did it to integrate her character more, but it was the wrong kind of integration. Elizabeth didn't go off world on a search and rescue, she went off world when it was appropriate for her to do so.

-Stef
                  Sparky fan here too. I actually liked Elizabeth's character quite a bit. Not to the fangirlish extents that I love Vala's, but that's not the point here. I like her character. She never tried too be too much, if you get what I mean. She was leader and diplomat. She never went to try and be more. The only time I think she went off into 'armyish' mode was the Return and she was trying to get Atlantis back so it made complete sense. But I agree, I miss her essence too. I said before on another discussion, but where Rodney is the brains, John the brawn, Elizabeth was the heart. Even in her smallest scenes, you knew she loved this city above all else. You don't get that with Carter. To Sam it's a job, place she was sent to. To Elizabeth it had become her home. (Again seen in The Return - she was lost without Atlantis). So no hun, you're not the only one. So far I'm taking SGA, and especially Sam, with a grain of salt and focusing mainly on the things that have really stuck with me so far and it's been Ronon and McShep
                  banner by Stef

Comment

See that's exactly the thing. I haven't see them do anything with Carter's character differently than they did with Elizabeth's. Okay, Sam has the military experience, but we really haven't seen that. And in the one episode we kinda did (Reunion) it felt off, because as leader of Atlantis she shouldn't have put herself in that position. She can't be going off world on mission when she has a city to run. I know they did it to integrate her character more, but it was the wrong kind of integration. Elizabeth didn't go off world on a search and rescue, she went off world when it was appropriate for her to do so.

Sparky fan here too. I actually liked Elizabeth's character quite a bit. Not to the fangirlish extents that I love Vala's, but that's not the point here. I like her character. She never tried too be too much, if you get what I mean. She was leader and diplomat. She never went to try and be more. The only time I think she went off into 'armyish' mode was the Return and she was trying to get Atlantis back so it made complete sense. But I agree, I miss her essence too. I said before on another discussion, but where Rodney is the brains, John the brawn, Elizabeth was the heart. Even in her smallest scenes, you knew she loved this city above all else. You don't get that with Carter. To Sam it's a job, place she was sent to. To Elizabeth it had become her home. (Again seen in The Return - she was lost without Atlantis). So no hun, you're not the only one. So far I'm taking SGA, and especially Sam, with a grain of salt and focusing mainly on the things that have really stuck with me so far and it's been Ronon and McShep

I am also a Sparky fan. I have appreciated how much concern John has shown for wanting to get Elizabeth back to Atlantis....it is one of the redeeming qualities of the season so far.
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
                      Ya hayeetii, how you take care of me *tacklehugs*

...though I noticed you chose the sweet forehead thing instead of the kiss
                      I just didn't have the kiss cap (you know who I ship). I'll get it for you now!

I haven't seen any but the first two but Sam's new-found attitude (especially toward my adorable Bill Lee) is not swaying me to her favour so far.
                      Um ITA!!! Bill Lee is geek!love!!! *huggles*
                      banner by Stef

Comment

100 posts already!

We rock the OTness, Fruitcakes!!!!!!
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by me

Comment

Again for MD!

For size:
                          Spoiler:
                          banner by Stef

Comment

Me too Ronon, Teyla, Sheppard and Zelenka are my reason for still watching. McKay gets on my nerves but I have got used to him. I really haven't seen Sam be anything special either she really feels off to me it's like a square peg in a round hole for me
                            sigpic
                            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Yeah, that was a problem I had as well. That time it felt like they were trying too hard with her. It's a shame though because I had finally gotten to the place where I actually was enjoying Sam's character. Then they bring her over in an arguably unpopular move, and give me nothing new, nothing endearing, and nothing to explain why she needed to take command of Atlantis. It wasn't the be-all end-all that Elizabeth left. I mean, it's sad...but I wasn't going to stop watching because of it. But I am getting increasingly more sad about Weir's absence...and that's the exact opposite of how it should be.

I said before on another discussion, but where Rodney is the brains, John the brawn, Elizabeth was the heart. Even in her smallest scenes, you knew she loved this city above all else. You don't get that with Carter. To Sam it's a job, place she was sent to. To Elizabeth it had become her home. (Again seen in The Return - she was lost without Atlantis). So no hun, you're not the only one. So far I'm taking SGA, and especially Sam, with a grain of salt and focusing mainly on the things that have really stuck with me so far and it's been Ronon and McShep
                              And that is so true when you think about it!! Elizabeth was the heart and soul of Atlantis. I mean, she loved the city...she loved the idea of the Ancients...she loved her job.

I also felt like she was the moral voice, not just the logical one. She really was all about heart. And as cheesy as it sounds, that is one of the things that I think the show is missing right now. It looks great, there's some fun dialogue, some interesting stories...but it always feels off. Because with both Carson and Weir gone, you've completely lost that feeling of family...because they were the two uniting forces of the expedition...and now they're both gone. In some ways, all you have left is the superficial things...and I'm sorry, but that's just not enough to endear me to a show. The great thing about SG-1 was how they managed to form a family unite, especially from TQ2 onward. SGA has always struggled with that, but now I feel like they're further behind than from where they started.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I also felt like she was the moral voice, not just the logical one. She really was all about heart. And as cheesy as it sounds, that is one of the things that I think the show is missing right now. It looks great, there's some fun dialogue, some interesting stories...but it always feels off. Because with both Carson and Weir gone, you've completely lost that feeling of family...because they were the two uniting forces of the expedition...and now they're both gone. In some ways, all you have left is the superficial things...and I'm sorry, but that's just not enough to endear me to a show. The great thing about SG-1 was how they managed to form a family unite, especially from TQ2 onward. SGA has always struggled with that, but now I feel like they're further behind than from where they started.

-Stef
                                Exactly. Elizabeth and Carson might have been the 'softer' character but they added depth to the team. To the interactions. I mean, god, that last scene in Sunday was the first scene ever that I've ever cried in all of fandom. It broke my heart. Carson was just so lovely. He didn't hide behind his smarts, though we knew he had them, or his shyness. He radiated care and love and friendship. And Elizabeth she united them. She cared for them all too. Whether it be Rodney, Teyla, Ronon or John or anyone in that city, she was devoted to them all.

I agree on TQ2. It was really then that you saw the team really meshing together. You saw all be equal in each others eyes. Like Cam said, "Now you're really part of this team." And the episode showed that.
                                banner by Stef

Comment

Working...
                                X