This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by isabelqc View Post
    Sparky fan here too. I actually liked Elizabeth's character quite a bit. Not to the fangirlish extents that I love Vala's, but that's not the point here. I like her character. She never tried too be too much, if you get what I mean. She was leader and diplomat. She never went to try and be more. The only time I think she went off into 'armyish' mode was the Return and she was trying to get Atlantis back so it made complete sense. But I agree, I miss her essence too. I said before on another discussion, but where Rodney is the brains, John the brawn, Elizabeth was the heart. Even in her smallest scenes, you knew she loved this city above all else. You don't get that with Carter. To Sam it's a job, place she was sent to. To Elizabeth it had become her home. (Again seen in The Return - she was lost without Atlantis). So no hun, you're not the only one. So far I'm taking SGA, and especially Sam, with a grain of salt and focusing mainly on the things that have really stuck with me so far and it's been Ronon and McShep
    I agree, Weir was never my favourite character independently but she had a BIG effect on the general feel of each episode. She was the subtle kind of mother figure to the city, she loved it and all of her people and now that's kind of gone.

I just didn't have the kiss cap (you know who I ship). I'll get it for you now!

Um ITA!!! Bill Lee is geek!love!!! *huggles*
    Oh you didn't have to do that...but since you're already on your way...

And *cheek pinchy* for Bill

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
    100 posts already!

We rock the OTness, Fruitcakes!!!!!!
    OMG, this is insanity!

Again for MD!

For size:
    Spoiler:
    *gasp* GLEEEEEEE That's the kind of stuff I used to love Sheyla for...sucks that they've sizzled out but oh well I'm happy with McShep Thank you Isa! I wish I'd saved the green for this post

Originally posted by Stef View Post
    Yeah, that was a problem I had as well. That time it felt like they were trying too hard with her. It's a shame though because I had finally gotten to the place where I actually was enjoying Sam's character. Then they bring her over in an arguably unpopular move, and give me nothing new, nothing endearing, and nothing to explain why she needed to take command of Atlantis. It wasn't the be-all end-all that Elizabeth left. I mean, it's sad...but I wasn't going to stop watching because of it. But I am getting increasingly more sad about Weir's absence...and that's the exact opposite of how it should be.
    Well they kind of had to bring Sam into SGA because of the contract she'd signed before SG-1 was cancelled but they didn't have to make her the leader, they really really really really didn't have to do that...And can anyone tell me why exactly Weir left? Was it ever explained? TH wanted out? The PTB are evil?
    ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

sigpic
      Sig made by me

Comment

That's why I say it was political not creative and they did treat her TH badly that's why I get aggravated with some who say AT deserved this because how Sam was in 9 and 10 oh because Sam wasn't the sole focus of the show and the world didn't relvolve her she deserves to have a role in another show and treat another actress very badly to make room for Sam I don't blame AT she is an inocent bystander really this is totally and completly TPTB's fault 100%.
        sigpic
        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I work Friday nights so I can't watch with you, but I'll participate in discussions when I get home. I have ponderings for most eps. My home Farscape forum had me type up my thoughts on eps a couple years ago so I will have to dig them up and find the good bits.

Teehee...this thread is fun. I haven't looked at some of these Ben pics in ages. So I'll dip into my own and give you two of my favs.

And as promised the first vid rec from moi. This is a weird vid, but one of my favs. I'm trying to find them on yt so you don't have to dl, but most of them I am finding you have to DL them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0QD07yvYXI
          sigpic
          by: SerenaSerenity

Comment

Originally posted by kamiikiteiru View Post
            I work Friday nights so I can't watch with you, but I'll participate in discussions when I get home. I have ponderings for most eps. My home Farscape forum had me type up my thoughts on eps a couple years ago so I will have to dig them up and find the good bits.

Teehee...this thread is fun. I haven't looked at some of these Ben pics in ages. So I'll dip into my own and give you two of my favs.

And as promised the first vid rec from moi. This is a weird vid, but one of my favs. I'm trying to find them on yt so you don't have to dl, but most of them I am finding you have to DL them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0QD07yvYXI
            Very nice pics Kami!! So glad you are joining in the OT Ramblings
            sigpic
            Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
              Chelle, That was one strange video but I keep watching and felt like I was in on the inside jokes. It was fun but still one strange video. I feel like I need to go back and try to catch some of the things I missed. So, So Strange. Thanks for the fun.
              I know, but I still love it. Can't tell you why, but I do. Found some more and this is where I leave you. I haven't slept in 38 hours and I am brain dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIItKNBcfUk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5WgAbNSwUo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Zp1Zr80tU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3niPLPIWz6g

And this last one is considered one of the best (a lot of people consider it the best) Farscape vids ever made.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odj8FQQVYW4

Okay...sleep...now...zzzzzzzzz
              sigpic
              by: SerenaSerenity

Comment

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
                Well they kind of had to bring Sam into SGA because of the contract she'd signed before SG-1 was cancelled but they didn't have to make her the leader, they really really really really didn't have to do that...And can anyone tell me why exactly Weir left? Was it ever explained? TH wanted out? The PTB are evil?
                I don't know about the contract. I think they liked AT, liked Sam, wanted to shake up season 4...and she was available to them. I don't think it was just because she was under contract. I get the idea behind bringing in Sam and maybe it could have even worked (maybe it will work), but so far I am less than impressed and more than a little disheartened.

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                That's why I say it was political not creative and they did treat her TH badly that's why I get aggravated with some who say AT deserved this because how Sam was in 9 and 10 oh because Sam wasn't the sole focus of the show and the world didn't relvolve her she deserves to have a role in another show and treat another actress very badly to make room for Sam I don't blame AT she is an inocent bystander really this is totally and completly TPTB's fault 100%.
                Oh, I wouldn't go as far as to say that. I agree that TH got the short end of the straw/stick/whatever...but I think they paid her character respect in the way that they wrote her out. There are worse ways to kill a character *cough*CARSON*cough*

I don't think it's fair for ANYONE to say that Sam should have gotten her place on SGA because she deserved it for her lack of screen time in 10. Teal'c didn't get much either...should he be leading Atlantis? I completely disagree with people who make that argument because it's nonsensical and implies that Sam should have been the star of SG-1.

I actually understood why they wanted to bring Sam in to some extent. She had military experience so she could be useful in situations like that require that skill (although, I'd hope they wouldn't repeat the Reunion debacle) and she had a scientific background that would make her useful in that area. So theoretically, adding her made some sense. In application, in reality, it's not coming across that way.

Personally, if I were a die-hard Sam fan, I wouldn't be particularly pleased with the way she's being written. SGA Sam seems like a pale copy of SG-1 Sam, in my opinion. And if you weren't a die-hard Sam fan to begin with...I wonder how her new role is affecting your opinion.

But let's move on FARSCAPE!

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Guys finally joined the OTness. Great idea Wendy ill start Farscape up later today I may post thoughts at what most would consider and early time but remember I'm in the future for most of you

Banner by Stef
                  Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
                    Guys finally joined the OTness. Great idea Wendy ill start Farscape up later today I may post thoughts at what most would consider and early time but remember I'm in the future for most of you
                    Morning Cat!!

Morning Fruitcake.
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by me

Comment

Hee. If Cat's in the future, then I'm in the not so far future I'm still trying to get the Farscape discs, but *looks at cash on hand* It doesn't look like it's happening this week. Curses on buying N&S and Die Hard 4.0 for my brother!!!
                      banner by Stef

Comment

Hee. If Cat's in the future, then I'm in the not so far future I'm still trying to get the Farscape discs, but *looks at cash on hand* It doesn't look like it's happening this week. Curses on buying N&S and Die Hard 4.0 for my brother!!!
                        I think Susan was working on a place that you could watch them online if you need to see them.
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
                          I think Susan was working on a place that you could watch them online if you need to see them.
                          *blinks* Reaahealllly? Interesting...
                          banner by Stef

Comment

Hey there Cat and Wendy.

We need to get together the questions etc. to start the Farscape Discussions. I'm going to go back and lood at the Questions Stef started Prometheus Unbound with.

Yippee Farscape. Going to start watching the fist episode in a little while. I will list the screen cap sites and transcript sites also.

Susan
                            Good morning Susan!!
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by me

Comment

Isa, here is the link for you.

Farscape Premiere
                              Thanks hun!!

Farscape Video Break:

Here is a wonderful video for the beginning of our journey through FARSCAPE.

Only those that have seen the series are to watch this (Spoilers of Whole Show)

At The Beginning
                              Do Not Watch If you Haven't Seen All of Farscape Yet!!!!!
                              Well I know what happens on the show, so does that count?
                              banner by Stef

Comment

It is Friday in Australia so let's begin

Let's Watch Farscape Together

Farscape the Premiere

(Stole this from Stef's PU Discussion Night)

Let the discussion begin!! Remember to at least tell us:

1. Your favorite scene
                                2. Your favorite picture/screen capture
                                3. Your favorite quote (if any)

We can move discussions off of that. And remember that those three things are only starter questions to get you going...let's have fun and talk about everything we love (and maybe even hate) about this episode!!

We have 24 hours for this Episode. We will start Episode 2 tommorrow.

EDIT: Since this is the first day and several haven't watched the Premiere yet, let make sure to put things is spoliers for the first half of the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X