• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    Something exists, this post proves it.
    Naw. It's just an illusion.

~Dave

Comment

I think it should be mentioned that God loves you (all), regardless of whether you choose to worship Him or ignore Him, or blame Him for your own or others' choices in life. Regardless of whether or not you've been hurt & hardened your heart, He still loves you. It's not about all the stuff you guys are debating about. It's simply this: that He loves you & will always take you back, open arms.

I already have my proof. I know He's real because I've heard Him. I know He's real because He's told me things of the present - in other locations & things of the future - that have already come to pass that I had no control over. I've had specific visions, literally while talking to strangers & then ask them about it & what He showed me about them was true. I've had dreams. I cannot prove it to you, & neither can any believer on this or another GW thread, because you (all) need to see for yourself.

Want proof? I dare you to ask Him to reveal Himself to you. Sincerely say something like," OK God, I want you to prove to me that you exist, & then I will believe", & then wait. Maybe He'll show Himself later that day, maybe later this year or next, maybe when you're on your deathbed & He's giving you one final chance to choose. But I know He will give you a choice & I hope you choose wisely. I hope we get to meet in eternity

Love, dalene
      dalene

thx to StoyBoy720, x_stargatergirl_x, muh_tuttles, csom221, luciana, & the other lovely Shep-thunkers for the awesome siggies!

Comment

Originally posted by dalene View Post

I think it should be mentioned that God loves you (all), regardless of whether you choose to worship Him or ignore Him, or blame Him for your own or others' choices in life. Regardless of whether or not you've been hurt & hardened your heart, He still loves you. It's not about all the stuff you guys are debating about. It's simply this: that He loves you & will always take you back, open arms.

I already have my proof. I know He's real because I've heard Him. I know He's real because He's told me things of the present - in other locations & things of the future - that have already come to pass that I had no control over. I've had specific visions, literally while talking to strangers & then ask them about it & what He showed me about them was true. I've had dreams. I cannot prove it to you, & neither can any believer on this or another GW thread, because you (all) need to see for yourself.

Want proof? I dare you to ask Him to reveal Himself to you. Sincerely say something like," OK God, I want you to prove to me that you exist, & then I will believe", & then wait. Maybe He'll show Himself later that day, maybe later this year or next, maybe when you're on your deathbed & He's giving you one final chance to choose. But I know He will give you a choice & I hope you choose wisely. I hope we get to meet in eternity

Love, dalene

No I don't think so....... Why do we have to wait for some critical moment for hm to reveal himself? That just sounds unneccisarily cruel and heartless to do that to someone. Why can't he just pop in and say "hi" to those that ask?

Why act all cloak and dagger about it?
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dalene

And the Hindus and Muslims, and Wiccans have evidence for the existence of their god(s) godess(es). Why should we choose to believe in your god instead of the other gods/goddesses? If someone has visions of the god Shiva, does that mean that Shiva exists? If so, then that makes the Christian god a liar, because he claimes to be the only god. And why would one choose to belief a liar?

Another thing that always struck me as a bit strange is that in most religions the divine being(s) demand worship. Why would an omnipotent and omniscient being need worship? It already knows how great it is, why does it need us to keep telling it how powerfull and wise etc. it is? It seems rather pathetic to me.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel View Post

Historical record shows that there was in fact a Jesus and that He was crucified.
            except at the time of the crucification, his name wouldn't have been Jesus. Jesus is a Greek name, which is similar to the Jewish(as most know,if he existed, Jesus was a Jew) name Yeshua, which is Joshua, which was(and still is) an incredibly common name. any account of the execution of a man named Joshua doesn't necessarily mean it was the alleged son of god.
            Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
              ok i've never actually seen him write that, it's just the way he seems to say stuff makes it appear he is more inclined to belive in god than to not.

honestly i'm unsure why more people aren't content to beleive "that there might or might not be a god, but it doesn't really matter either way" as i do.
              Well, if said god was somewhere out in space not bothering us, or just a mere observer, then yes, I'm sure most people would go on with their lives as if there wasn't a god. Because, despite there being or not being a god, if one does not definitively think there is a god, he or she won't act like there is one, in which case they might as well not believe there is one.

Here is my take on science and religion. The Bible is NOT a science manual. I know that. However, the Bible does definitively make statements that pertain to science. The Bible in general does not conflict with science. Generally. However, one must remember that some of the more sensitive discussions in the science community are not scientific laws.
              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by ~Dave View Post
                Naw. It's just an illusion.

~Dave
                I never said the post exists, I said something exists, and the post proves it.

Comment

I never said the post exists, I said something exists, and the post proves it.
                  I'm not sure you exist. You might just be an interactive AI program being tested on this forum. Can you prove to me you exist as a person?

*edit* And oh yeah, I said prove anything, not simply that something exists. And if you don't claim the post exists, how can it prove something else exists? So I still wait for you to prove anything to me.

*leaving now to get away from the tedium for awhile.

~Dave
                  Last edited by ~Dave; 15 December 2008, 07:03 PM.

Comment

LOL I've been reading this thread and every time I change pages the banner ad is for christian dating agency. It's not funny as such but made me LOL

Comment

I'm not sure you exist. You might just be an interactive AI program being tested on this forum. Can you prove to me you exist as a person?
                      Nope.

*edit* And oh yeah, I said prove anything, not simply that something exists.
                      I don't think there's a difference, of the things that you could call anything, something, no matter what it is, is one of them.

And if you don't claim the post exists, how can it prove something else exists?
                      Because even if the post isn't real, even if it's imaginary, something or someone must have imagined it. Even something that's not real can't exist in nothingness, the post is something, real or not, it can't not be.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                        LOL I've been reading this thread and every time I change pages the banner ad is for christian dating agency. It's not funny as such but made me LOL
                        i get an advert for a lexus....
                        Spoiler:
                        Disclaimer:
                        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                        Quotes!
                        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel View Post
                          No, it doesn't imply that. It implies that I personally believe that He is God and that I want to respect Him as such, even when typing out His name and even the pronouns used to talk about Him.

I know that there is no scientific or historical proof that He is God.

But why? do you you choose to believe that the man Jesus who was crucified is in fact God. Why do you believe that? Despite no scientific evidence for it?

I'm just curious

Comment

Nope.

I don't think there's a difference, of the things that you could call anything, something, no matter what it is, is one of them.

Because even if the post isn't real, even if it's imaginary, something or someone must have imagined it. Even something that's not real can't exist in nothingness, the post is something, real or not, it can't not be.
                            That's the crux of the whole thing, I think, as far as religion is concerned. Essence precedes existence. So who or what thought of the universe before it existed?

~Dave
                            Last edited by ~Dave; 16 December 2008, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              But why? do you you choose to believe that the man Jesus who was crucified is in fact God. Why do you believe that? Despite no scientific evidence for it?

I'm just curious
                              That's another thing. Even Islam believes in Jesus. They just believe his father was Allah instead of the Christian God. They say he was reciting the Koran while still in the manger. And on the cross he didn't say "Eli, Eli....", he said "Allah, Allah....." And his birth changed the way the entire world recons time. With his birth everything became years BC or AD. Except the Jews, and they still use years from the Creation Event. Sounds like it's a reasonable historic event, to me. But the interesting thing is that the very ones he was supposed to come to "save" are the very ones who reject him and say the Messiah has not been here yet. He is yet to come, and Jesus was just a prophet. They refused to "evolve" into Christians.

~Dave
                              Last edited by ~Dave; 16 December 2008, 04:49 AM.

Comment

That's the crux of the whole thing, I think, as far as religion is concerned. Essence precedes existence. So who or what thought of the universe before it existed?

~Dave
                                There is no before the universe as time is a dimension of the universe.
                                sigpic
                                http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                                http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X