X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meimei
    LOL! I gave up chocolate for Lent...
    I gave up Lent for Lent. It'll be tough, but I've been through worse.

Only 14 points til my eleventh block!
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

LOL! I gave up chocolate for Lent... I'd send some to Feli but I made sure that there was no temptation left in the house...
      oh man... I did that about 15 years ago and was so proud when it was over and I hadn't cracked. So much so that the following year I gave it up for a whole year.

That was hard - but I managed it. This year I have given up eating chocolate in the office. Whichi s hard since most of the people I work with keep an emergency chocolate bar in their desk drawer for those times when it seems I am about to go into orbit. Which is about twice a day at the moment.
      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

LOL! I gave up chocolate for Lent... I'd send some to Feli but I made sure that there was no temptation left in the house...
        Um, just as a suggestion, in case you ever do decide to send me chocolate - can you please make it chocolate mud cake or a muffin or something like that? Cause American chocolate is not quite what I'm missing.... . No offense!

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
          (((hugs)) to both you and the gatelet...I hope you both are feeling better soon!!

And ((hugs)) to Feli...I hope you feel better soon too..

mmm funny stories...
          Well, First my Chinese sign is snake...so I fit myself not part of the story

Today at work some of my square(cube) mates and I compared balls...... get you minds out of the gutter you!! They were squeeze balls or stress balls as some call them..... One of the guys has this one that looks like you are holding a handful of snakes and it sticks to the wall if you through it......So he determined that not ONLY was that one the biggest....he can throw HIS ball around and people take notice.......

well we all laughed ourselves silly
          LOL! I can hear Jack in my head saying "funny" the way he did in Lost City.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
            oh man... I did that about 15 years ago and was so proud when it was over and I hadn't cracked. So much so that the following year I gave it up for a whole year.

That was hard - but I managed it. This year I have given up eating chocolate in the office. Whichi s hard since most of the people I work with keep an emergency chocolate bar in their desk drawer for those times when it seems I am about to go into orbit. Which is about twice a day at the moment.
            LOL! Yesterday, one of the girls in the office was passing out Valentine chocolate to everyone. She popped in my office and dropped some chocolate on my desk! I practically howled and urged her to take it back! She laughed when I told her I had given it upu for Lent but she took it with her on her way out!

She's our resident Brit, BTW. I often ask her what the heck some of the Britishisms I see on here and in fanfic mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Feli
              Um, just as a suggestion, in case you ever do decide to send me chocolate - can you please make it chocolate mud cake or a muffin or something like that? Cause American chocolate is not quite what I'm missing.... . No offense!
              LOL! I'll have someone deliver German chocolate! LOL! I lived in Germany for two years. I remember the difference! I like any chocolate... I never met a food I didn't like and it shows!

Comment

Then you've obviously never had Ghiradelli's chocolate. Now I've had some wonderful German chocolate (thanks again MC! You're package will be along shortly) and Ghiradelli is just as good.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

LOL! I'll have someone deliver German chocolate! LOL! I lived in Germany for two years. I remember the difference! I like any chocolate... I never met a food I didn't like and it shows!
                  ROFL! At least you're not bitter about it.
                  Where in Germany did you live?

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                    Then you've obviously never had Ghiradelli's chocolate. Now I've had some wonderful German chocolate (thanks again MC! You're package will be along shortly) and Ghiradelli is just as good.
                    Mmmmh...you made me hungry...I have Ghirardelli's white chocolate for coffee (a really large tub) and one of those fancy press-a-button-coffee machines that freshly grinds coffee...woth that chocolate, it's rather a full meal than just a coffee.

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                    Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                    ~CELLO!~
                    ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

ROFL! At least you're not bitter about it.
                      Where in Germany did you live?
                      Giessen. Loved it! Would love to go back someday...

*blows dust out of wallet*

But that would require money...

Comment

Did you guys/gals know that we have a Chocolate Thread in this forum?

Comment

I'm going to Germany this summer for a student exchange type thing. I can't wait. The plane tickets are costing us somewhere around $1200 though. Completely insane!!
                          !!! HHGTTG movie out this May! Don't forget to bring your towel! !!!

[ | Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club | ]

Smor: My Anti-Drug

Ba'am: You can bet your ba'als on it.

(thanks to Justin for the pic and no, I'm not serious )

Comment

Originally posted by Jeril
                            I'm going to Germany this summer for a student exchange type thing. I can't wait. The plane tickets are costing us somewhere around $1200 though. Completely insane!!
                            That IS insane...considering you can fly to NY from Germany for about $350- what do you have to book? Business class?

~CELLO!~

Comment

Hey, that's in the same federal "state" that I live in! did you do sightseeing trips around country?

~CELLO!~

Comment

HEY...THAT was one of my commissaries when I was a Regional Manager for Herta .....I have to say I too LOVED it when I lived in Germany....however NOT being a chocolate hound helped me at least LEAVE the chocolate there for Feli to find

On the other hand...I did drink up quite a supply of German coffee....THAT I miss very much...so much better then ours here in the states
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X