Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TW...about the only way to find out is to have a person check their total BEFORE you give them green...and then have them check AFTER you give them green..then you will know...Sometimes people will tell you how much give without you asking... I have gotten a couple of messages from people so I know I give 61 points per green... or at least I did last week..
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Pfft. You should have heard the things we- I mean, the others were saying about YOU two! Oh, it was horrible! I did my best to defend you guys, but I was the lone voice... *sniff*
      *Steps AWAY from Shadow*....don't want to get caught in the lightening bolt
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
        TW...about the only way to find out is to have a person check their total BEFORE you give them green...and then have them check AFTER you give them green..then you will know...Sometimes people will tell you how much give without you asking... I have gotten a couple of messages from people so I know I give 61 points per green... or at least I did last week..
        Okies. Thanks.

Comment

Another Curiosity question (and it may have been answered I didn't read all 514 pages): How do people with 100 or so posts get 4-6 rep blocks? This just seems weird, I mean I've been getting some pretty silly rep points for stuff like "I like your picture" or "Food Fight" and I still only have 1 block, so that makes me think they have to be doing something pretty spectacular to get all those rep blocks.
          It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
            Another Curiosity question (and it may have been answered I didn't read all 514 pages): How do people with 100 or so posts get 4-6 rep blocks? This just seems weird, I mean I've been getting some pretty silly rep points for stuff like "I like your picture" or "Food Fight" and I still only have 1 block, so that makes me think they have to be doing something pretty spectacular to get all those rep blocks.
            Easy: they suck up to the right people, they post in the right threads, and they generally grovel and debase themselves and certain people respond to that by giving them green rep.

Meanwhile, there are people who've been here for almost a year who have several hundred posts and only 3-4 rep blocks. Probably because they spend too much time actually discussing the show.

The rep system is, IMO, corrupt and useless- at least in terms of judging "good" posters. But people like to read the little comments and it's generally easier to rep someone than to waste a post saying, "Hell yeah!" or "cool pic" or "WTF is your problem?!"

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
              Shadow covered most of the reasons that you are seeing so many *low post count* people having such high *Reps* ...I just want to say that I personally like using the rep to say small things...like *Excellent Post* or... *Thank you for sharing a different Viewpoint well done* OR *It's MY green I will use it as I see fit*

I find that it is a nice gesture AND I am NOT racking up my post count with innane messages.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                Easy: they suck up to the right people, they post in the right threads, and they generally grovel and debase themselves and certain people respond to that by giving them green rep.

Meanwhile, there are people who've been here for almost a year who have several hundred posts and only 3-4 rep blocks. Probably because they spend too much time actually discussing the show.

The rep system is, IMO, corrupt and useless- at least in terms of judging "good" posters. But people like to read the little comments and it's generally easier to rep someone than to waste a post saying, "Hell yeah!" or "cool pic" or "WTF is your problem?!"
                Sucking up huh... Wow, I must be way out of the clique, I never even thought of that. What do they do just get their friends together and say "Hey I'll give you rep every day if you do the same for me"?

I like to give rep to show my appreciation for something they've done like post pics or links or something. Or to tell them how much I agreed or disagreed with their post. I love a debate even if I'm not participating, and civil friendly debates are even better!

Comment

[heavy southern drawl] Why whateva is goin' on in here? [/end heavy southern drawl]

*clears throat*

Miss Tame, what have you done? Taken Feli's Jack clone!! I would never do that!

*pushes FJC back into the closet*

Do you think that dial up has clouded my brain? Do you think I'm that demented??

*shushes the yelling from the closet*

I would never steal anyone's clone!!

*pushes Blingy's Daniel in closet with FJC*

Do you think that I randomly steal clones!

Excuse me... *sniffle* I need to go... *tears well up* I have to collect myself... *sniffle* Such slander...

*runs down hall chasing escaped clones, mumbling... "Leave it to Shadow's McKay to get them out..."*

Comment

Something like that, yeah. "I'll rep you if you rep me!" Although sometimes it's more along the lines of "give me green rep!!"

I prefer to use the rep system "honestly", too: If someone says something particularly good or posts a cool pic or needs some reassurance or something, I'll rep them. And if someone does something particularly bad or if a troll shows up, I'll neg them. *shrug* It SHOULD be a simple, straightforward system.

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies guys, I appreciate it.

*Man I should SO be trying to finish my fic... I just can't focus!*

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                        [heavy southern drawl] Why whateva is goin' on in here? [/end heavy southern drawl]

*clears throat*

Miss Tame, what have you done? Taken Feli's Jack clone!! I would never do that!

*pushes FJC back into the closet*

Do you think that dial up has clouded my brain? Do you think I'm that demented??

*shushes the yelling from the closet*

I would never steal anyone's clone!!

*pushes Blingy's Daniel in closet with FJC*

Do you think that I randomly steal clones!

Excuse me... *sniffle* I need to go... *tears well up* I have to collect myself... *sniffle* Such slander...

*runs down hall chasing escaped clones, mumbling... "Leave it to Shadow's McKay to get them out..."*
                        Traitoress! I want him back!!

Comment

Originally posted by blingaway
                          Traitoress! I want him back!!
                          Don't worry... He's on the way... My clone distracted me with a flash of neck and they all got away!

But they were only here because Tame was leaving them in my backyard. I was framed!!

*nods emphatically*

That's it! I was framed!

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                            I find that it is a nice gesture AND I am NOT racking up my post count with innane messages.
                            No. You're just incredibly scary.
                            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                              No. You're just incredibly scary.
                              But in a *Sweetness and Light* way

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
                                Don't worry... He's on the way... My clone distracted me with a flash of neck and they all got away!

But they were only here because Tame was leaving them in my backyard. I was framed!!

*nods emphatically*

That's it! I was framed!
                                Honey...it is neverah (said in a cheesy southern accent) good to lie to yourself....*fans self*

Comment

Working...
                                X