This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yasureubetcha
    He probably gets a little green for irony's sake though .

I agree with Seshat; while I'm not nearly as good as she is, I've spent all night before on a single pic to post. I try to green people for art (like SG vids and pics) whenever I can, because it does take a lot of thought and time.
    agreed. any medium is a valid contribution IMO. seshat's signatures are amazing by themself, and her posts are always funny and entertaining. and that goes for a lot of people on here... i guess i'm just generous with my green

Comment

im very generous with my green course all those who post to the thunk threads, ship threads and OT ususally can find me quite easily.
      sigpic

Comment

Also, it really doesn't take long at all to accumulate green jello because if a few members with high post counts give you green it can add a whole block. Every day I'm on GW I get atleast 1 or 2 positive feedback, sometimes more...every now and then a red ding. I think most of us really wanted a few extra blocks when we first got on here and then after 3 or so realized it doesn't matter too much...still cook though!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius
          Where're they all listed?
          sorry, late to get to the thread as usual.

Here, they are:
          • Mean
          • Tough
          • Pedantic
          • Green
          • Stubborn
          • Frightening
          • Superficial
          • Serious Brave
          • Provocative
          • Slobber-Chops
          • Shallow
          • Rhinocerous Hide
          • Unfair
          • Patience
          • Sarcasm
          • Sneaky
          • Ironic
          • Subtle
          • Really Mean
          • Belligerant
          • Gross...
          • Cynical
          • Fount of all Knowledge
          • Roget
          • Not At Home To Mr Patience
          • Fiend
          • Procrastinator
          • Contradictory
          • Menacing
          • Double Standards
          • Stealthy
          • Understatement
          • Cheeky
          • Megalomaniac
          • Devious
          • Adorable
          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
            sorry, late to get to the thread as usual.

Here, they are:
            • Mean
            • Tough
            • Pedantic
            • Green
            • Stubborn
            • Frightening
            • Superficial
            • Serious Brave
            • Provocative
            • Slobber-Chops
            • Shallow
            • Rhinocerous Hide
            • Unfair
            • Patience
            • Sarcasm
            • Sneaky
            • Ironic
            • Subtle
            • Really Mean
            • Belligerant
            • Gross...
            • Cynical
            • Fount of all Knowledge
            • Roget
            • Not At Home To Mr Patience
            • Fiend
            • Procrastinator
            • Contradictory
            • Menacing
            • Double Standards
            • Stealthy
            • Understatement
            • Cheeky
            • Megalomaniac
            • Devious
            • Adorable
            Also

B.O.G.F.F.H. - Body of Godess, **** **** ****
            C.S.D - Compulsive Singing Disorder
            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

that must be a pain when you're filling out application forms for stuff

Comment

nah, I'm internationally famous. I don't generally have to fill out forms.
                In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                  You should, Mazz. They could drag anyone into it as they did meimei. When Tame and Feli go at it, everyone should hide.
                  You're just waiting to be dragged into it, aren't you?

*marches off to check how many Jack clones greytop has hidden away*

Comment

Originally posted by Feli
                    You're just waiting to be dragged into it, aren't you?

*marches off to check how many Jack clones greytop has hidden away*
                    I don't have any clones hidden away. I prefer orginal. Thank you very much.

Comment

Ofcourse they wouldn't be hidden if you told us about them? Hmmm
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                        I don't have any clones hidden away. I prefer orginal. Thank you very much.
                        Feli....I have seen what Miss Greytop has....AND......... it would seem that she is like um...what is his name.... HARLAN!! yup Miss Greytop takes the Jacks ...and Camerons I might add.... that she runs into and makes them B-E-T-T-E-R ....I have seen some of the versions that she has created and I must say they are pretty darn good.... She started out just sketching her *enhancement* in pencil...but NOW she has progressed to OIL don't even ask me to describe just what she does to them with the oil.... don't want to scar the younguns....

So...there is Original and then there is A Greytop ORIGINAL
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                          nah, I'm internationally famous. I don't generally have to fill out forms.
                          I have this vision of MC just breezing through the check-outs.....waving her hands dismissively ...LOL
                          Last edited by TameFarrar; 09 May 2005, 02:40 PM. Reason: because I can't spell darn it
                          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
                            Being a poster with a relatively low post count and with a high rep, I beg to differ with the characterization of "sucking up." To dismiss those of us in that position as not being able to get our reps any other way than that is insulting and condesending. If you were to search my posts and read you'll find that I go in for very little fluff. My post count in low because I spend a lot of time in the Off Topic Section and those posts are not counted towards your total post counts. I also get a lot of reps on the posts that I do make in other threads as well as this one.

I value each one of my rep points as a personal contact from my fellow posters, including the nice comments as well as the constructive ones so I hate to see them dismissed out of hand. I also feel that when I give rep, it might help someone along in their day and encourage them to continue to post as well.
                            Sela...you definitely said this well

I too have found myself spending more and more time in *Off-Topic* and yet I still have wonderful messages from people that are encouraging and uplifting and THAT is why I truly enjoy the Rep System.

I hope that we finally come to the place where it is realized that each of us have the right to use the rep system how we feel best and as long as we DO NOT use it to break Forum rules. I hope posters will come to see that it IS an individual thing and not one of us really has the right to demand it be used just their way or that it be made into some rigid structure. If that was the case then why would your way not be the one we should follow or my way.

The rep system is open to the same fates of everyday life. Some will always treat others with an openess and encouraging bent and that will be carried over into how they use the rep system. Some will always look to be *stirrers of the pot* and that will carry over over to the rep system and some will be rigid and have very detailed rules about how things should be and that will carry over to the rep system.

Just as we must make allowances for the people we meet on the street in everyday life, that they are NOT us and have the right to how they live, so too must we make that same allowance on a Forum and in allowing people to use the rep system. As in everyday life, you get the good with the bad.

And always keeping in mind this is a chat forum for a TV show and not the end all be all of existence. In the grand scheme this is but a drop in the bucket of life and only you (general you) can decide how you want to come across to those you wish to interact with.

Comment

Maybe to make some of the bigtimers happy the mods could add a new designation once you get around 5000 repuation points, you could become ascended goa'uld lord and then at 10,000 one could become an ascended ancient...not that it matters really.
                              sigpic

Comment

Switching subjects

Now...ok, tell the truth....

How many of you are going to log on at midnight eastern to see who all of your anonymous rep givers are?
                                Last edited by Sela; 09 May 2005, 03:28 PM.
                                "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                                it has it's own laws and beats about things
                                which the intellect scorns."
                                - Mark Twain -

Comment

Working...
                                X