X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    Originally posted by Lara_SGC View Post
    Warning huge rant about to happen

Does anyone here have any experience with past surgery on knees? I've had up to three surgeries on my right knee (though one that came forth out of a medical mistake; wounds opened up again, creating a bloodcloth, bringing me back to the ER, scraping bone from my kneecap and well long painful story) and during a previous scan a doctor is telling me I should be keeping my options open to do another surgery.

I dislocated my knee in such a way that it surprised experienced surgeons and after those three surgeries, I'm still experiencing pain and it's been five years now since the last surgery and I can't explain it in English but as I hunch down and turn, you can see my knee trying to pop out again.

This has happened about six times since and you can actually see the two knee joints flexing out and every time I have to quickly lie down and stretch my knee to let it pop in again (you can hear the crunching/scraping of the bones), I have to sit on the ground for the next hour and put a brace on it for it not to dislocate again and I'm just really worried because the last two times it happened my body apparently went into shock.

I feel that I have to do this operation but I'm so scared that something will go wrong again. When I woke up from the second surgery, I was alone in a waiting room and I couldn't lift my leg or flex my toes and I started crying, thinking my leg was crippled. It turned out okay except for the problems I described above but it scares me.

What are the odds to get two medical faults in your life, you ask? Well I'm 24 and I've had three so far in two different hospitals. That's what I'm afraid of really.

I've had people tell me that I'm still young and that I worry too much that nothing can go wrong at my young age. True, my body will recover more quickly than someone twice my age, then again I've experienced a cardiac arrest when I was in my teens so I guess I don't worry too much but I'm just realistic. The human body is incredibly strong and we tend not to appreciate it until it goes out on you and - gosh I'm rambling.

I don't know what to do. When to do the surgery. Guess I'm just a little bit scared.

Sorry for my rant but I hope someone in here can reassure me or share their surgery stories.

Thanks for listening

*hugs family*

Lena,

I had knee surgery on my R. knee and luckily had none of the problems you are experiencing. I'd say go to a different doctor, first of all, and do what needs to be done. As you say, you're young. You will recover MUCH faster in your 20's than you will in your 30's, 40's, etc...

Are they suggesting a knee replacement? At this point it sounds as if you have no tendons (ACL, MCL, etc...) or cartilege. Keep us in the loop and know we're here for you!
    Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Hey ladies and gents, I know I am totally changing the subject...BUT...on Earth Day, April 22 they are releasing an AWESOME looking movie called Earth. If you liked Planet Earth (a series)...then you LOVE this movie. It looks so totally awesome, I know that I will be seeing it!

I'll provide the link in case anyone wants to check it out. (You will have to click on the 'watch trailer' button at the bottom of the page below the three animal family pictures.) Oh, yeah the music ROCKS!

Love our planet, it's the only one we've been given!

Comment

Sorry for the double post...but I just watched 24...AND...OMG!

HUGE 24 spoilers!

Spoiler:
        TONY IS BAD?!?!?! WTH!?!? That was so dirty and so wrong...at the end when the shooter guy came up to him...I was screaming...'no, Tony'...then he motioned to him...HE'S STILL BAD! I feel so bad for Jack. With Tony's betrayal on top of him dying? I am so sad right now...24! WHY!

End of rant.

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post

HUGE 24 spoilers!

Spoiler:
          TONY IS BAD?!?!?! WTH!?!? That was so dirty and so wrong...at the end when the shooter guy came up to him...I was screaming...'no, Tony'...then he motioned to him...HE'S STILL BAD! I feel so bad for Jack. With Tony's betrayal on top of him dying? I am so sad right now...24! WHY!

End of rant.
          I KNOW!!!

Spoiler:
          They totally got us on that one! I am NOT happy!! I hope Kim is all "I can make my own medical decisions and I'm doing this" to save Jack. And then they better not kill her or I will be a huge unhappy camper.
          sigpic

Comment

HUGE 24 spoilers!

Spoiler:

End of rant.
            ARGH!

Spoiler:
            Hubby and I were so upset! After Jack stood up for him! And he killed poor agent whats-his-name! Tony obviously has his own plans for the bioagent, but what is it?!

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
            I KNOW!!!

Spoiler:
            They totally got us on that one! I am NOT happy!! I hope Kim is all "I can make my own medical decisions and I'm doing this" to save Jack. And then they better not kill her or I will be a huge unhappy camper.
            YES!

Spoiler:
            She needs to be like her Dad and do her own thing! Aw, and she's sitting there calling him Daddy. *sob* Why, 24, WHYYYY!?
            sigpic

Comment

A new vidding challenge has started over at Kawoosh!!

Foreign Language Challenge

Make a video using a song with non-English lyrics. Follow the link above for the official details and also if you need translations or ideas there are several members willing to help.

Deadline for this challenge is May 24, 2009 at midnight GMT.

Pass the news along anywhere else you know Stargate vidders hang out.

Comment

I'm not sure how many of you are fans of Legend of the Seeker, but I just had to share this just in case. I posted it over on the art thread, but I know not all of you go there, so...

Legend of the Seeker Fans!!!!

I just wanted to share some stuff I came across tonight over on Seekers Omnibus...It's three teaser pics and an article that gives some interesting insight/facts as well as a slight spoiler/teaser for the final episode of the season.
                Spoiler:
                Article

Pics (supposed to be from the next episode "Mirror", which should air on April 25 in the US)
                Spoiler:

Tamora Pierce Fans!!!!

Also, I know some of you are Tamora Pierce fans. How many of you have already bought (and read) Bloodhound? I bought it yesterday (the day it "officially" came out) and I'm already about a quarter into it. But I think I'll save the rest until later, as I'm also reading Terrier again to refresh my memory. Sadly, from what others have said and from the bits I've skimmed past, Beka spends most of the book away from Corus, and thus away from Rosto... Boy do I hope they get together in the third and final book, Mastiff...
                Last edited by TrueRomantic; 15 April 2009, 06:10 PM.
                sigpic
                Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

HUGE 24 spoilers!

Spoiler:

End of rant.
                  I know!!!!! I screamed at my TV and had to call my 24 buddy!

Spoiler:
                  Why???? Tony, you broke my heart! I can't believe they did that to me!
                  sigpic
                  Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                    I KNOW!!!

Spoiler:
                    Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                    ARGH!

Spoiler:
                    Hubby and I were so upset! After Jack stood up for him! And he killed poor agent whats-his-name! Tony obviously has his own plans for the bioagent, but what is it?!

YES!

Spoiler:
                    She needs to be like her Dad and do her own thing! Aw, and she's sitting there calling him Daddy. *sob* Why, 24, WHYYYY!?
                    Originally posted by gater62 View Post

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                    So.Wrong.Tony.Almeda.

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post

Spoiler:
                      Me too, me too!! And ditto on your spoiler comment.

Thanks, sueKay!

Thanks, Mala!

Comment

*hugs 24 fans* Somehow, we will make it through this season! *sniff, sniff*
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                          Also, I know some of you are Tamora Pierce fans. How many of you have already bought (and read) Bloodhound? I bought it yesterday (the day it "officially" came out) and I'm already about a quarter into it. But I think I'll save the rest until later, as I'm also reading Terrier again to refresh my memory. Sadly, from what others have said and from the bits I've skimmed past, Beka spends most of the book away from Corus, and thus away from Rosto... Boy do I hope they get together in the third and final book, Mastiff...
                          [/LEFT]
                          *FLAILS*

The new Tamora Pierce is out?????!!!!!

*FLAILS MORE*

*RUNS OFF TO AMAZON*

Comment

Update:

You are cordially invited to the First Annual Artwork Awards taking place in the

ARTWORK AWARDS THREAD

on Sunday 19th April, starting at 8pm GMT.

Looking forward to seeing you there !

Comment

OMG!!! Did anyone see CSI tonight? I about died laughing. They did a total and complete spoof of Star Trek and sci fi con's. And...if you watched the crowd closely you could see Grace Park of Stargate/Battelstar fame too.

There's a great line in there, and I'm paraphrasing badly since I can't get control of the remote at the moment (and since I never watch the show I don't know who the heck these guys were):

Investigator: ...So, you're telling me that the creator of the show changed the concept to something more closely approximating reality...and the fans killed him for that?"

Other guy: "Never doubt what a fan will do."

I was cracking up the entire time.
                              Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                                OMG!!! Did anyone see CSI tonight? I about died laughing. They did a total and complete spoof of Star Trek and sci fi con's. And...if you watched the crowd closely you could see Grace Park of Stargate/Battelstar fame too.

There's a great line in there, and I'm paraphrasing badly since I can't get control of the remote at the moment (and since I never watch the show I don't know who the heck these guys were):

Investigator: ...So, you're telling me that the creator of the show changed the concept to something more closely approximating reality...and the fans killed him for that?"

Other guy: "Never doubt what a fan will do."

I was cracking up the entire time.
                                I did! I saw her too!

"He's dead, Jim!" It was beyond awesome.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X