This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flyin' by and saw this discussion.

This is weird, a Coke-Pepsi debate. Oh, wait - this is the Samanda Whinge nuts forum.

Just sayin', ok, got it. And Pepsi rules, except when I need a sugar fix then its Cherry-Coke! I think I've had one too many of one of them, 'cause I'm actually understanding this (and find it entertaining)... Later -
    MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
    sigpic
    Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
      You're all nuts. Wackos. Sheep. You've all been brainwashed by the Coca Cola marketing juggernaut. Pepsi absolutely kicks the crap out of Coke eight days a week. Coke is so totally on the bottom of the soft drink heirarchy of deliciousness. As someone above mentioned, RC cola, ice tea, root beer, or even birch beer are all viable alternatives to the awfulness of Coke. If fact, why don't I just go suck down some sweet, delicious Pepsi right now and be done with it? Later Coke-heads.
      What can I say? Where I'm from, they put it in our bottles as babies.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by suse
        Or Sprite. you know, rather flavorless.

Suse
        I enjoy Atlantis, so I'll stick with Dr. Pepper. (not too fond of Sprite)
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
          Pepsi absolutely kicks the crap out of Coke eight days a week.
          Always there must be a flaw....
          SIGH.

Originally posted by KatG
          What can I say? Where I'm from, they put it in our bottles as babies.
          Y'all from Georgia? Alabamy?

Comment

I can only make judgements on the Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi...

Diet Coke all the way

Diet Pepsi tastes like crud
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
              I can only make judgements on the Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi...

Diet Coke all the way

Diet Pepsi tastes like crud
              OK, I've been absolutely loving the Coke vs. Pepsi comments!

And just in case there's anyone who didn't see the genesis of these comments... (and wanted to know why this was here on a Stargate thread)
              Spoiler:
              Originally posted by astrogeologist
              OK, so this is an analogy that I've wanted to post for some time, but never got around to it.

New Coke.

Remember that?

Originally posted by Coca-Cola Heritage - Cokelore
              April 23, 1985, was a day that will live in marketing infamy.

That's the day The Coca-Cola Company took arguably the biggest risk in consumer goods history, announcing that it was changing the formula for the world's most popular soft drink, and spawning consumer angst the likes of which no business has ever seen.

The Coca-Cola Company introduced reformulated Coca-Cola®, often referred to as "new Coke®," marking the first formula change in 99 years. The company didn't set out to create the firestorm of consumer protest that ensued; instead, The Coca-Cola Company intended to re-energize its Coca-Cola brand and the cola category in its largest market, the United States.

That firestorm ended with the return of the original formula, now called Coca-Cola classic®, a few months later.

From http://www2.coca-cola.com/heritage/c...e_newcoke.html

The similarities with Stargate SG-1 and it's advancement over the past couple of years reminds me of 'New Coke'. The folks at Coca-Cola were convinced that what they were doing would re-energize their product.

What they got was a rousing response of public opinion telling them that they were making a huge mistake. I remember folks stockpiling 'Classic Coke' (not being a coca-cola drinker at the time, I thought it was amusing).

With SG-1, I hear folks sigh and say 'Well, at least I have my DVDs of the earlier seasons'... and every time I hear (or read) that, I think of the stockpiles of 'Classic Coke'.

Eventually, Coca-Cola's PTB went back to their original formula for Coca-Cola.

Why can't we get the Stargate PTB to go back *their* original formula for SG-1? I realize that RDA left and isn't full-time anymore... but the extent of revisions that they did were not warranted - or welcome.

And
              Originally posted by Wikipedia 'New Coke'
              Public reaction to the change was devastating, and the new cola quickly entered the pantheon of major marketing flops.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Coke
              Therein is the test. Will the New SG-1 make a go of it?
              And even if it doesn't, would the Stargate PTB be able to put SG-1 back to it's original state (with AT, MS and CB as the main leads and someone new as a new lead? and with RDA making guest appearances). I highly doubt it. Unfortunately, Stargate SG-1 isn't a simple matter of reprogramming the computers controlling the ingredients.
              New Coke = Stargate SG-1 Seasons 9 and 10 and any others that follow.

Comment

Cherry Coke is amazing, but I'm quite into Pepsi Cino at the moment. It's meant to taste like coffee... it actually tastes like tia maria and coke. Yummmmm.
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                  Cherry Coke is amazing
                  You have Black Cherry Vanilla over there yet? It's even more amazing (IMNSHO, OC)!

Comment

No, we don't have that yet. The supermarket I'm working in has just introduced coke zero. I haven't tried it yet, though.
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                      You have Black Cherry Vanilla over there yet? It's even more amazing (IMNSHO, OC)!
                      Diet Black Cherry Vanilla is my absolute favorite soft drink at the moment. Ah-May-Zing.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

actually, i'm very mucha diet coke girl.

diet everythign anymore. the rest is just so horribly sweet that i can't stand it

I"m not even fond of the coke zero because it's too sweet
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                          OK, I've been absolutely loving the Coke vs. Pepsi comments!

And just in case there's anyone who didn't see the genesis of these comments... (and wanted to know why this was here on a Stargate thread)
                          I love the new Black Cherry Vanilla Coke.

*sighs*

See, I used to take my Vanilla Coke and mix it with Cherry Coke. And...now I don't have to!

*cheesy grin*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                            Oh yeah, I like that one too.
                            We used to drink bottles and bottles and bottles (the old big glass bottles) of it when I was a kid because it is the only dark softdrink that doesnt cause kidney stones (or so the doctor told my Dad...he used to get them all the time.). I drank so much Dr Pepper as a kid that I have a hard time even smelling it now... like you just gorged on something so much that now the thought of it just makes you ill.

Even with all of that, I would still pick it over pepsi..... or Stargate S9
                            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                              Black Cherry Vanilla rules. I found this a couple of months ago. Now I get 2 12 packs everytime I am buying. One of coke classic to have with my salty-greasey foods and One with Black Cherry Vanilla for when I want to chill out with a bit of a sweet tasting soda. I give it two thumbs up.... is this like S6 of Stargate.... or maybe this could be Atlantis S1..
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                                Always there must be a flaw....
                                SIGH.

Y'all from Georgia? Alabamy?
                                Alabama? Shut yore mouth. I'm from Georgia, Atlanta to be exact, and you can't get any closer to Coke than that.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X