Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might be going over old news. But I did a little research on imdb for any/all
    awards for the cast/crew/TPTB (Bridge) recived and found something interesting.

If the award has nothing to do with SG-1, it will state it.

And now in now, in no particular order:

BW
    1997- Gemini for The Outer Limits.

MW
    2001- Sprockets IFFC.

Ben Browder
    2002- Saturn for Farscape (TV).
    2005- Saturn for Farscape PK Wars.

Claudia Black
    2005- Saturn for Farscape PK Wars.

DSD
    2003- Firight Fest

RDA
    1999- Saturn

MS
    2004- Leo

AT
    2005- Saturn
    2002- Leo
    2004- Leo
    2005- Leo

What I found very interesting is that Coop, JM, PDL, ..., etc may have nomed for awards in the past. But none were awarded.

Award Envy anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
      I hope that TPTB will do the right thing and promote Sam to full colonel, officially transfer her back to the SGC and place her in command of SG-1 or otherwise fix it so that Sam is back in command where she belongs.

I think that we're going to see Mitchell end up shoved up onto a pedestal as the sole, unquestioned and did-I-mention-great? leader of SG-1.

When this happens, I will have confirmation that the last we saw of the real SG-1 was in Moebius and that this is a freaky alternate universe peopled by individuals who wouldn't notice a great leader if she blew up a sun to get their attention.

After re-watching Reckoning 1, I think TPTB were trying to tell us something with Isaac Hayes. Namely Cam, callsign Shaft.

Comment

I wonder what RDA thought of the character (Vala) in PU? I also wondered what he thought of when he first saw S9...and then the rest of S9
        most likely "WTF did you do to my show "
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

i believe, had rda been in on it, vala would still exist, but she never would have been the OTT sexpot she was to begin with and for most of her run. She would have been the vala from crusade. a very toned down and more 'real' vala than the cartoon that the boys love and adore

as she was created, cartoon vala is better suited to the simpsons not stargate
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
            I hope that TPTB will do the right thing and promote Sam to full colonel, officially transfer her back to the SGC and place her in command of SG-1 or otherwise fix it so that Sam is back in command where she belongs.

I think that we're going to see Mitchell end up shoved up onto a pedestal as the sole, unquestioned and did-I-mention-great? leader of SG-1.

When this happens, I will have confirmation that the last we saw of the real SG-1 was in Moebius and that this is a freaky alternate universe peopled by individuals who wouldn't notice a great leader if she blew up a sun to get their attention.
            Well let's see in S9 with their new and improved SG1 they got fan uproars and a decline in the ratings (can't all be blamed on Sam fans, but rather fans of SG who saw it for what it was CRAP

Now S10 if they don't do anything to improve what they did in S9 they will see a continuous decline in ratings
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

i think these have been posted a few times, but does anyone have the syndicated ratings for s9 and s8?
              sigpic
              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Interesting post about the awards LaCroix I guess it shows who the winner is... Oh yea this isn't one of the GW tournaments, these are actually given by the important industry people.

Hmmm? How could we possibly interpret these results /sarcasm
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

my attitude towards season 10
                  Spoiler:
                  sigpic
                  "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                    my attitude towards season 10
                    Spoiler:
                    ROFLMAO
                    -

Comment

just a few stats to add to what LaCroix gave us

what was that about needing a bigger name on the show? true, AT's no where near RDA, but she looks a bit bigger than the golden couple.
                      sigpic

Comment

I decided to be "A Thread Critic" and gave this particular one a five star rating.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                          just a few stats to add to what LaCroix gave us

what was that about needing a bigger name on the show? true, AT's no where near RDA, but she looks a bit bigger than the golden couple.
                          But you know logic and bigger fan base means nothing to TPTB (what did those initials stand for again )
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

The Prats That Balls-up?
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX
                              Ooooooohhhhhh you should Soooo not wave the leadership red flag under my nose

Sam is gonna lose out. So long as TPTB (includes the financial backers) persist with their outdated "men must be first thinking" (coincides with the thought processes behind the old thinking that women aren't capable of voting; shouldn't be paid the same for doing the same job; should be seen and not heard etc etc) Sam won't lead.

I am hoping that the gutless wonders will at least define Sam's position at the SGC and it won't be as 2IC of SG-1 (an ultimate insult and career killer), but I'm sure not holding my breath. I'm calling them gutless wonders because having made the decision to take the lead off Sam they didn't have the backbone to commit themselves to her actual position - I guess they were leaving themselves a little wiggle room to see how the fans would react. Not knowing what the actual pecking order is in TPTB, I'd say that the money was demanding BB be front and centre and Coop caved but some of the other TPTB saw problems with it but couldn't do anything about it, hence the ambiguity. Call me delusional but I'd like to think that some of them could see how wrong it was Yes, I am laying the "blame" at Coop's feet because he was the showrunner and is ultimately the one responsible.

I have thought of changing to the TIIC acronym but I find it an insult to idiots, I think I'll stick with TPTB (Totally Puerile Trifling Buffoons) it is more fitting.

Wow - I think I got out of bed on the wrongside this morning
                              Oh well, I'll cheer up after some more coffee

Wow. Just wow. Thank you for that! It's the truth these days that warms my heart. All I can say is, "dang the fridge is empty." Remind me to hit you up on Monday.

Comment

Sorry, im just gonna take something from the sam thread in here, so we dont derail the sam thread again :|

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                                I just checked again and it is 480 now - I am trying to get it to 500 I keep telling people to go and vote if they haven't yet. I think this poll is a relatively good gauge (while not scientific or anything it is a poll that is very hard to cheat on - clearing cookies like you can with polls on the front page does not work and you cannot vote again - so the fact that Carter is far ahead really says something to me about the debacle/joke/laughable/sad/illogical/implausible/idiotic situation they created).
                                No offence, but all it shows is that people here on this forum have voted for Sam. Go to another forum and you could get a completely different result.
                                I also think that thread has lost any significance it once had. It seems to have turned into a 'if you are a fan of Sam, vote for her. If you are a fan of Mitchell, vote for him'. I dunno if its just me, or if I'm reading too much into it, but that thread seems to give off a 'you are less of a Sam fan, if at all, if you like Mitchell in charge' kinda vibe.
                                I also dont understand the need to get it to the magical 500 votes? Its not like its a race or anything... Also, though I haven't exactly been keeping track, the percentages haven't really changed much. You may well get 500 votes for Sam in charge, but what difference does 500 mean over 480 if its still only 65% of the vote?

Comment

Working...
                                X