Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, i would hope that more writers would mean less scripts per person and mroe time per script and, presumably, more time to research and vet said scripts
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

You'd think Sky... in an ideal world... but that would be fiction right?

Originally posted by Skydiver
      well, i would hope that more writers would mean less scripts per person and mroe time per script and, presumably, more time to research and vet said scripts
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
        You'd think Sky... in an ideal world... but that would be fiction right?

also never gonna happen.

as far as they're concerned their close knit little boys club is cranking out emmy winning material on a daily basis, the rest of the world is just too stupid to see it

sigpic

Comment

also never gonna happen.

as far as they're concerned their close knit little boys club is cranking out emmy winning material on a daily basis, the rest of the world is just too stupid to see it
          I'm so afraid you're right. they did some pretty good work in the past and I think they've gotten complacent. Fans have been so supportive in the past they seem to think it's just a few nuts who have a problem with the "new and improved" (retch) show.
          Hey, I *wanted* to like Cam. It's the hash they made of the whole thing, not the concept of Cam that I have a problem with. Now Vala as a team member, I have a problem with.

Comment

and that could be part of it. after years and years of endless praise, all of a sudden they're getting crit and - to them - they're not doing anything differently so...we must have changed.

i really wanted to like cam too. and i do, to a point. he's needed and necessary. but the OTT hewo hard sell backfired.

don't TELL Us how great he is, just show us and let us make up our own minds

sigpic

Comment

and that could be part of it. after years and years of endless praise, all of a sudden they're getting crit and - to them - they're not doing anything differently so...we must have changed.

i really wanted to like cam too. and i do, to a point. he's needed and necessary. but the OTT hewo hard sell backfired.

don't TELL Us how great he is, just show us and let us make up our own minds

I want to write them letters with
              SHOW DON'T TELL SHOW DON'T TELL SHOW DON'T TELL SHOW DON'T TELL SHOW DON'T TELL SHOW DON'T TELL SHOW DON'T TELL SHOW DON'T TELL SHOW DON'T TELL SHOW DON'T TELL SHOW DON'T TELL SHOW DON'T TELL SHOW DON'T TELL SHOW DON'T TELL SHOW DON'T TELL SHOW DON'T TELL SHOW DON'T TELL SHOW DON'T TELL

repeated hundreds of times.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                I want to write them letters with
                SHOW DON'T TELL SHOW DON'T TELL SHOW DON'T TELL SHOW DON'T TELL SHOW DON'T TELL SHOW DON'T TELL SHOW DON'T TELL SHOW DON'T TELL SHOW DON'T TELL SHOW DON'T TELL SHOW DON'T TELL SHOW DON'T TELL SHOW DON'T TELL SHOW DON'T TELL SHOW DON'T TELL SHOW DON'T TELL SHOW DON'T TELL SHOW DON'T TELL

repeated hundreds of times.
                But then they will say, "didn't you see Stronghold? He went and rescued Teal'c all by himself!"
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                  But then they will say, "didn't you see Stronghold? He went and rescued Teal'c all by himself!"
                  I must be remembering the episode wrong.

Had Cam been by himself, he'd still be standing by the ring transporter waiting for it to magically hotwire itself... well, actually he'd probably have been well and truly fried by a few dozen staff blasts.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                    I must be remembering the episode wrong.

Had Cam been by himself, he'd still be standing by the ring transporter waiting for it to magically hotwire itself... well, actually he'd probably have been well and truly fried by a few dozen staff blasts.
                    That scene is a major issue for me. Cam could have still been a hero and still could have gone up to the ship, but this racing off half cocked stuff just makes him look bad.
                    My alternate version of that scene that still allows Cam to be action guy, but not a loose cannon:
                    Sam is in command (as she was in the BAB version) and signals Cam to blow up the Jaffa gun emplacement (he was closest, so him doing that made sense). Sam, Daniel and Cam advance *together.* Sam gets the rings working while Daniel and Cam stand guard. Sam (still in command of the mission) tells Daniel and Teal'c to ring up. (Sending one guy in is chancy). She stays behind to coordinate. ( I don't like the idea of leaving her behind on the ground, but if she is in command of the whole shebang, it makes some sense.) But we *see* her coordinating & giving orders to the other SG teams.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55

That scene is a major issue for me. Cam could have still been a hero and still could have gone up to the ship, but this racing off half cocked stuff just makes him look bad.
                      It's funny how often things the writers seemed to think would endear Cam to everybody have backfired; him being in command, the CMOH, "Collateral Damage", running off like a fool in "Stronghold", the drug dealer thing in "Off The Grid"... if I didn't know better, I'd say that they were subconsciously trying to destroy him.

My alternate version of that scene that still allows Cam to be action guy, but not a loose cannon:
                      Sam is in command (as she was in the BAB version) and signals Cam to blow up the Jaffa gun emplacement (he was closest, so him doing that made sense). Sam, Daniel and Cam advance *together.* Sam gets the rings working while Daniel and Cam stand guard. Sam (still in command of the mission) tells Daniel and Teal'c to ring up. (Sending one guy in is chancy). She stays behind to coordinate. ( I don't like the idea of leaving her behind on the ground, but if she is in command of the whole shebang, it makes some sense.) But we *see* her coordinating & giving orders to the other SG teams.
                      That would be much better. Cam doesn't look like an idiot and the team actually do something together.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                        yes, cambo was born

sigpic

Comment

as to stronghold, not to mention the stupidity of 'i've never been on a hatak ship in my life' larking off on his own to infiltrate a ship full of hostiles to find a person that may or may not be brainwashed to kill you...and to do it alone

to quote ivanova, that would be a bonehead maneuver.

if they wanted to do it 'real' then sure, let cam run for the rings, sam and daniel onhis heels...reynolds is right behind them and holds the rings while sam, daniel and cam go up and rescue teal'c.

not only do sam and daniel know their way around, who's gonna stand a better chance to know if mister big scary jaffa has been brainwashed or not??? the guy who's knows him a few months of the folks that have known him for years?????

the whole 'pity me, my friend is dying' would have been a lot less noticible if they'd have just had the team working togethre at the end. but no, they had to promote Cambo the Hewo. and just drove another nail in his coffin

sigpic

Comment

I bolded the most, imo, important part of your post. (And made it bright red, just for good measure.)

Remember back when SG1 acted like a team? Remember how they used to advance on enemy positions? Remember them moving as one coordinated unit, one or two of them advancing, while the others covered them, then the ones doing the advancing finding cover, so the rest of the team could advance? It was like a dance, and it was beautiful, and it worked darnit!

Ah, the good ole days.

Comment

not only do sam and daniel know their way around, who's gonna stand a better chance to know if mister big scary jaffa has been brainwashed or not??? the guy who's knows him a few months of the folks that have known him for years?????
                              Excellent point. If anybody had to go up alone, it should have been Sam or Daniel. Cam stood a slim chance of recognizing if Teal'c had been brainwashed or not - after four years, Jack, Sam, Daniel and Hammond had to call in Bra'tac to verify when they were trying to deprogram Teal'c when he thought Apophis was the greatest thing since sliced bread - and an even slimmer chance of defending himself if Teal'c attacked him.

the whole 'pity me, my friend is dying' would have been a lot less noticible if they'd have just had the team working togethre at the end. but no, they had to promote Cambo the Hewo. and just drove another nail in his coffin
                              Is there any space left in that coffin for new nails? It should be fairly well covered with them by now.

The dying friend thing might have been slightly less nauseating if they had shown Cam actually learning something from his friend's death and thinking for a split second before charging into the fray, against orders I might add.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                                I bolded the most, imo, important part of your post. (And made it bright red, just for good measure.)

Remember back when SG1 acted like a team? Remember how they used to advance on enemy positions? Remember them moving as one coordinated unit, one or two of them advancing, while the others covered them, then the ones doing the advancing finding cover, so the rest of the team could advance? It was like a dance, and it was beautiful, and it worked darnit!

Ah, the good ole days.
                                yeah, the good old days

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X