This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    IMHO, cam would have been infinitely better had he been a major. the enthusiasm and immaturity would have made sense then

but whomever came up with the 'male lead MUST be da boss' and made him a lt colonel needs thier head examined because that little thing, cam as a lt colonel and in command, is the largest detriment to his character.

everything else. flightyness, silliness, stupid mistakes, they could all be ignored had he been a major

Yeah I agree. He is learning from the others so his mistakes could be explained by his inexperience, which is how it is explained now. Except we are supposed to believe he is leading the experienced group.

You know one of my complaints/ worries for s10
    Spoiler:

1. the fact that it is only landry and mitchell discussing the leadership issue at landry's cabin
    2. could tptb not come up with an original idea other than going to Jack ... uh I mean Landry's cabin
    3. The other thing that worries me is that this episode is just before the 200th which is when RDA comes back for 5 episodes. Okay here comes the cynical theory .... My worry is that Sam completely loses all command and the way they handle the leadership issue loses some of their audience. Are they hoping that RDA's appearance will bring back his fans and the shippers that left when he did? Are they hoping not to lose fans like me who hate that Sam has had the command taken from her, but will watch to see RDA come back and a resolution between Jack and Sam? If they don't actually use RDA's talents, and Sam loses command completely then I won't be sticking around to see how s10 plays out, no matter what resolution they hint at.
    Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 26 April 2006, 01:19 PM.

Comment

more like 20 months.....gearing up for the terrible 2's
      That is an insult to two year olds everywhere.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

more like 20 months.....gearing up for the terrible 2's
        I'd say he's up there with the 'Trying Three's'. He certainly 'trys' my patience

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
          eta: Carter was supposed to be born in 1969? I thought she and Daniel were only about a year apart...?
          I thought she was born in 1967, according to what we saw in Entity.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            So does anyone else get the feeling that a good deal of S9's stories were already written or in the process of being written before Bridge actually received the request to change Cameron Mitchell from a Major to a Lt. Colonel?
            I noticed the blunder too. I did the math and it didn't add up for me either. What you're suggesting would make a whole lot of sense, because I do believe that originally he was supposed to be a major, and the storylines they've given him are more in line with someone in a major's position.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              what's wrong with them just using david deluise again? i mean, it's not like the fans will remember pete, right?

sally
              Don't even joke about it--I can just see an Ori Pete...

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                I'd say he's up there with the 'Trying Three's'. He certainly 'trys' my patience
                and the harder he tries, the more i shake my head and jsut look away
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

You know what I realized when I was helping my 15 year old nephew. That boys his age (you know target age group) aren't that interested in TV. They are more interested in video games and hanging out with their friends and going out on a Friday night. So who is left watching SG??
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                    I noticed the blunder too. I did the math and it didn't add up for me either. What you're suggesting would make a whole lot of sense, because I do believe that originally he was supposed to be a major, and the storylines they've given him are more in line with someone in a major's position.
                    Sam never acted that stupidly when she was a major...but then again she is the brilliant one
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                      Sam never acted that stupidly when she was a major...but then again she is the brilliant one
                      hell, she never acted that irresponsible and silly when she was a CAPTAIN
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

hell, she never acted that irresponsible and silly when she was a CAPTAIN
                        Ahh, you beat me too it Sky
                        Last edited by SG1Poz; 27 April 2006, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz

And the fact that JM didn't have an answer for it: It could just be one of those things where people don't know how to count (Jacob was with Selmak for 4 years? Wha?! I've tried to rationalize it, but it just doesn't work.). Or it could be as you said - a clear example of how Colonel Cameron Mitchell was meant to be Major Cameron Mitchell.
                          Perhaps it just fell through the cracks. Er, what I mean is by the time they decided MItchell was a Lt. Col. the casting sheets may have already gone to the cattle call/auditioning people to search for a boy it a certain age. Seems easy enough to fix, but remembering to fix it with two shows to produce may have been a problem. How hard would it have been to cast a boy around 5 years older?

Suse
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            on another note (so i don't have to make another post)...

we sam fans know that the leadership issue is supposed to be dealt with in season 10. how many of you think *sam* will come out the winner in this so-called dealing with?

really, what do you guys think?

sally
                            Well, it was reported that at the last con AT said
                            Spoiler:
                            that Mitchell was lead. And that was reiterated several times by others. Too bad they aren't trying to spring a nicesurprise on us. Unlike the last leadership surprise.

Suse
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by suse
                              Well, it was reported that at the last con AT said
                              Spoiler:
                              that Mitchell was lead. And that was reiterated several times by others. Too bad they aren't trying to spring a nicesurprise on us. Unlike the last leadership surprise.

Suse
                              Ah damn where's that pepto bismol when I need it?
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

i believe, had rda been in on it, vala would still exist, but she never would have been the OTT sexpot she was to begin with and for most of her run. She would have been the vala from crusade. a very toned down and more 'real' vala than the cartoon that the boys love and adore

as she was created, cartoon vala is better suited to the simpsons not stargate
                                Suse asks (not attacks):

"Daniel tried to get in my pants for months and here I am in his" is toned down?

Manipulating a conversation by meting out information in tiny nuggets when you don't know how long you will stay in the body to pass the info is toned down?

Showing that nothing that has happened while you were with the SGC and in the Ori galaxy has changed your M.O. is toned down?

Sorry, I don't see it.

Suse

PS Sorry but thr pants comment was the last straw for Vala (for me). She can no longer be redeemed (for me). Crass, tacky and not worthy of Stargate. What else is new?
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Working...
                                X