This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    Sorry, im just gonna take something from the sam thread in here, so we dont derail the sam thread again :|

No offence, but all it shows is that people here on this forum have voted for Sam. Go to another forum and you could get a completely different result.
    I also think that thread has lost any significance it once had. It seems to have turned into a 'if you are a fan of Sam, vote for her. If you are a fan of Mitchell, vote for him'. I dunno if its just me, or if I'm reading too much into it, but that thread seems to give off a 'you are less of a Sam fan, if at all, if you like Mitchell in charge' kinda vibe.
    I also dont understand the need to get it to the magical 500 votes? Its not like its a race or anything... Also, though I haven't exactly been keeping track, the percentages haven't really changed much. You may well get 500 votes for Sam in charge, but what difference does 500 mean over 480 if its still only 65% of the vote?
    Actually when I went into that thread early on, there were a lot of people saying that they weren't Sam fans, but still thought she should lead. I think maybe its a small showing (in numbers) of what being thought of outside the threads, of people who don't go into fandoms but just like to watch the show. I think it coincides with what's happening with the ratings, but that's just my opinion
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Sorry, im just gonna take something from the sam thread in here, so we dont derail the sam thread again :|

No offence, but all it shows is that people here on this forum have voted for Sam. Go to another forum and you could get a completely different result.
      I also think that thread has lost any significance it once had. It seems to have turned into a 'if you are a fan of Sam, vote for her. If you are a fan of Mitchell, vote for him'. I dunno if its just me, or if I'm reading too much into it, but that thread seems to give off a 'you are less of a Sam fan, if at all, if you like Mitchell in charge' kinda vibe.
      I also dont understand the need to get it to the magical 500 votes? Its not like its a race or anything... Also, though I haven't exactly been keeping track, the percentages haven't really changed much. You may well get 500 votes for Sam in charge, but what difference does 500 mean over 480 if its still only 65% of the vote?
      actually, some of the actually debators are mitchell fans that want sam in charge. there used to be some animosity/name calling, but in its final weeks, we got some good discussion done. i agree though, i think its finally dead.
      not MANY sam fans that want mitchell in charge, but a few. on the other hand, there simply aren't as many people (here, willing to debate) that want mitchell in charge (fact,nom). yes, i pimp the poll in sam/shipper/anti-s9 threads, but not because i think EVERYONE will vote for her, just because MORE people will vote for her then if i posted it in say the BB thunk thread. i think that's a pretty straight forward probablity. didn't mean to offend anyone.

as to why 500? dunno. i like 500. its a nice number. reminds me of 200. why do i like 200? not sure. but 500 reminds me of 200. don't really care about the percent. but like the number 500. course, once we hit that it'll go OVER 500, and then i won't be quite as happy no more. though it does mean more than 500 (of 10 million) want sam as CO. that's a whopping 0.005%. yay CO!Sam!

i don't think it makes you a worse sam fan if you don't want her as CO. there are people that like sam and think she's better as 2IC (for which i have my own argument and shall not subject you to now). it does annoy me when people say "mitchell. because he's better." or "because he's a guy" (THAT one really annoys me). but "sam. because she's better/a woman" also annoys me (though, granted, not quite as much).

ANYWAY. didn't think you were gonna get that for you post, eh?
      sigpic
      "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
      Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

yeah, I wasnt accusing anyone of deliberatly doing the 'if you like Sam, you have to want her in charge' vibe, but I just can't help get that impression when the whole debate is taken as a whole. Just something that rankles me I guess.

Comment

yeah, I wasnt accusing anyone of deliberatly doing the 'if you like Sam, you have to want her in charge' vibe, but I just can't help get that impression when the whole debate is taken as a whole. Just something that rankles me I guess.
          which is what i get with the "if you don't want mitchell in charge and think he's the best thing since sliced bread you hate mitchell and new!better!show (although both are true for me), are not a true fan and should get your arse off this forum." i think a few posters have man quite a name for themselves as pro-mitchell anti-CO!mitchell. good people, good debators.

on a complete and utter side note, i love the word rankle. its just fun to say.

rankle

rankle rankle rankle

...rankle.

good lord i feel like a 4 year old.
          well, its well past my bed time and i'm in the mood for warm milk.
          sigpic
          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
            which is what i get with the "if you don't want mitchell in charge and think he's the best thing since sliced bread you hate mitchell and new!better!show (although both are true for me), are not a true fan and should get your arse off this forum."
            Yeah, I agree. It's the same thing really.

rankle

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
              well, its well past my bed time and i'm in the mood for warm milk.
              Eeewwwww .... I do not like my bovine lactose at an elevated temperature!
              -

Comment

The way the poll is structured, it only asks who somebody thinks should be in charge, it's not even specifically who they think would be a better leader.

It's possible the some of those who voted for Sam may prefer Mitchell as a character, even as a leader but voted for Sam because they saw her as having been unfairly cheated of command.

Had Sam been in charge on the show, some of those who voted for her on the poll might have voted for Mitchell instead if they thought that he needed the leadership role to carve out a niche for himself in the show.

On the other hand, some of those who voted for Mitchell might not have voted for him had he never been leader in the first place.

As far as 500 votes goes, I'd rather see the percentage rise even though I know that the poll doesn't really prove anything besides the fact that the majority of the seven hundred-odd people who voted felt that Sam should be in command - I just like to see Sam win stuff.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                  The way the poll is structured, it only asks who somebody thinks should be in charge, it's not even specifically who they think would be a better leader.

It's possible the some of those who voted for Sam may prefer Mitchell as a character, even as a leader but voted for Sam because they saw her as having been unfairly cheated of command.

Had Sam been in charge on the show, some of those who voted for her on the poll might have voted for Mitchell instead if they thought that he needed the leadership role to carve out a niche for himself in the show.

On the other hand, some of those who voted for Mitchell might not have voted for him had he never been leader in the first place.

As far as 500 votes goes, I'd rather see the percentage rise even though I know that the poll doesn't really prove anything besides the fact that the majority of the seven hundred-odd people who voted felt that Sam should be in command - I just like to see Sam win stuff.
                  there have also been people that want sam to lead, but think mitchell SHOULD lead because he's leader. or because sam's a scientist <belays argument>. then there are people that like mitchell but don't think he should lead because he's a pilot with no offworld experience.

and i'm with regan. just like to see sam win stuff.
                  though the number 500? its a good number. nice. reminds me of 200. which is also nice.
                  sigpic

Comment

500 would be nice, but I think 65% is somewhat telling (at least as far as fans on GW go). If you take out the votes for Teal'c and Daniel, the percent who think Sam should be in charge is larger. (of course if the vote went the other way I'd probably say, "don't listen to crackpots online")

Comment

more whining time.

i was catching up on some reading of 'entertainment weekly' magazines. in the tv section, they always highlight 'their' picks of must see television. i used to always look for stargate sg1... not anymore. i *don't* want to see them highlight it, because - and this is hard to admit - it doesn't deserve it. anymore.

to me, season 9 was like going from a steak dinner to a combo from mcdonalds.

maybe season 10 will be the steak and lobster dinner again....

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        he would have and she can't.

personally, i think if RDA still had a hand in the show vala as we know it woujld not exist.

she would have joined the show,but the 'whorelette' (cb's words, not mine) would not be part of her. She would have started more toned down and, imho, would have been more acceptible from the get go.

there's a rumor that RDA might be sticking his fingers back into the show and i hope it comes to pass.

the show thrived for 6 years with his full time input and did ok during s7 and 8 iwth his part time input...and - to many - has floundered miserably without him
                        oh, god, i hope so!!

he not only wouldn't have gotten where he is in the entertainment business, he wouldn't have been able to sustain it for all these YEARS.

i know i've said this before, but here's the way i think THE worst stargate scene in stargate history would have went down, 'before' the season 9 mentality.

spoilers for s9's 'the ties that bind'

Spoiler:
                        take the scene where vala 'had' to go with daniel and company to washington to that senate committee thinger.

vala and daniel did not have to be literally sitting on each others laps to survive the wrist band thingers. so...

daniel and company are sitting in the senate room, trying to get the funding they need.

vala is in the adjacent room, tied up to a chair. and gagged. and in fatigues.

you want your humor? when mitchell asks daniel where vala is, daniel says she's just fine. and then we get a quick cut to vala in that chair, ticked and trying to get out. then sags and just waits it out.

*i* think that would have been funny.

and daniel, teal'c, mitchell (he was there, right?), and landry would have acted like the serious and intelligent ppl they're supposed to be.

classy humor over brassy.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          more whining time.

i was catching up on some reading of 'entertainment weekly' magazines. in the tv section, they always highlight 'their' picks of must see television. i used to always look for stargate sg1... not anymore. i *don't* want to see them highlight it, because - and this is hard to admit - it doesn't deserve it. anymore.

to me, season 9 was like going from a steak dinner to a combo from mcdonalds.

maybe season 10 will be the steak and lobster dinner again....

sally
                          Or it could be dogfood.

I'd like to think that TPTB couldn't possibly do worse than Season NIne but I don't want them to take that as a dare.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                            Or it could be dogfood.
                            Ewwwww thanks for that visual

Now I not only do I have the sight of a freshly opened can of Pal in my mind, I also have the disgusting smell!!

Lets hope S10 isn't a debacle, that TPTB actually do something constructive and change direction.

*RoX wanders off mumbling - maybe I'll win lotto too*
                            *Hey then I could bid on the RDA/AT lunch *
                            -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX
                              Ewwwww thanks for that visual

Now I not only do I have the sight of a freshly opened can of Pal in my mind, I also have the disgusting smell!!
                              Sorry.

Comment

I have to say I am disgusted that BB got nominated for best actor and CB for best actress for the Saturn Awards.

I'm thinking maybe they don't have enough people to fill out the nomination positions and they were nominated by default.

I'm not saying they aren't good actors, I'm saying they didn't have any scenes worthwhile being nominated for.
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X