Any US Football fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oranos
    Ummm...Ok. That was not the point. I know they have clinched a playoff spot. The point is that I do not want the COlts to go undefeated in the Regular season or at the very least, undefeated at all. And what better team to stop them then my very own Chargers!
    I'd rather not see the Colts go undefeated either, but supposing they don't it seems likely they will clinch the AFC championship. (Which pains me because I'm still rooting for the Pats. Even if it is a long shot...) My money is on Jacksonville to beat them in the reg season, though. Although the Seahawks put up an impressive performance last night, even if the Eagles are struggling right now. So the Indy-Seattle game should be good too. Regardless, there are some sweet games coming up. Bring it on!

Comment

Originally posted by Vee
      I'd rather not see the Colts go undefeated either, but supposing they don't it seems likely they will clinch the AFC championship. (Which pains me because I'm still rooting for the Pats. Even if it is a long shot...) My money is on Jacksonville to beat them in the reg season, though. Although the Seahawks put up an impressive performance last night, even if the Eagles are struggling right now. So the Indy-Seattle game should be good too. Regardless, there are some sweet games coming up. Bring it on!
      Na, while they do have a good shot, it won't happen cuz Leftwich is injured. Chargers and the Seahawks have the best shot now. Jag's are out of the three times that have a chance. That brings it down to 2.

Comment

Na, while they do have a good shot, it won't happen cuz Leftwich is injured. Chargers and the Seahawks have the best shot now. Jag's are out of the three times that have a chance. That brings it down to 2.
        Ah, I forgot about Leftwich being injured. I'd have to go with Seahawks then. I'm taking the homefield advantage. Chargers do have a chance, but I can't see them winning in Indy. I'd like to see the Bengals clinch the AFC title though. But I doubt it'll happen. I foresee the Colts making it to the Superbowl.

Any college football fans around here...?

Comment

Originally posted by Vee
          Ah, I forgot about Leftwich being injured. I'd have to go with Seahawks then. I'm taking the homefield advantage. Chargers do have a chance, but I can't see them winning in Indy. I'd like to see the Bengals clinch the AFC title though. But I doubt it'll happen. I foresee the Colts making it to the Superbowl.

Don't count the Chargers out yet. They have one of the best offences around. Beating them is never easy, teams learn to fear them, usually the hard way. Whenever they play any good teams, the result is always close, so a game with the colts will be close i imagine. Besides the Chargers have Tomlinson, Gates, Brees, Mccardell, Parker, Edwards...
          Tomlinson being the best running back in the league, Gates being the best tight end in the league, and Brees being one of the top 5 qb's.
          Jag's still have a chance, Garrard is ok.
          Yes, I like the Hurricanes!

Comment

Originally posted by Vee

I gotta agree - I think the Seahawks have the best shot. It's the Seahawks, it will be in Seattle, and it'll be late enough in the season that the pressure will really be on for Indy to stay undefeated (assuming they don't lose between now and then).

I tried to get tickets to that game, since I'll be back home in Seattle... alas, no luck. *cries* I have, however, told my parents that under no circumstances am I going along to any Christmas Eve reunions or parties until the game is over.
            "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
            My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
              I gotta agree - I think the Seahawks have the best shot. It's the Seahawks, it will be in Seattle, and it'll be late enough in the season that the pressure will really be on for Indy to stay undefeated (assuming they don't lose between now and then).

I tried to get tickets to that game, since I'll be back home in Seattle... alas, no luck. *cries* I have, however, told my parents that under no circumstances am I going along to any Christmas Eve reunions or parties until the game is over.
              Lol, I agree that Seattle has the best shot, though it pains me to say so. Not only do they have the offense but they have the d. The chargers can't say that even though they have a few good players there. It just kills me when people seem to think that they have the ONLY shot and there are stil the Jag's and Chargers.

Comment

Lol, I agree that Seattle has the best shot, though it pains me to say so. Not only do they have the offense but they have the d. The chargers can't say that even though they have a few good players there. It just kills me when people seem to think that they have the ONLY shot and there are stil the Jag's and Chargers.
                I think the Chargers would have a lot better shot at it if they had staying power. Their "burning out in the second half" routine makes me a bit too skeptical.

Comment

I think the Chargers would have a lot better shot at it if they had staying power. Their "burning out in the second half" routine makes me a bit too skeptical.
                  They are getting better at it though. The game against the Redskins helped prove that. Until the end of the 2nd quarter they were in a slug match with Oakland. Also Jammer batting down a pass gainst the Jets proves they can stop the O. So they are at a point where they can prove they can be a GREAT team.

Comment

Oh I'm not counting the Chargers out. They're what, 4-2 on the road this season? Not bad at all. I'm still stewing over their decimation of New England earlier this season. But you've got to admit Shaun Alexander is impressive. Both teams have impressive offense right now. So it should be interesting. The AFC is a real shootout at the moment.
                    I have, however, told my parents that under no circumstances am I going along to any Christmas Eve reunions or parties until the game is over.
                    Heh. I won't do much of anything if football is on. I get picked on for watching ten hours straight on Sundays, but what's better than football? Nothing.

Yes, I like the Hurricanes!
                    Ah, good team. They'replaying in a bowl right? I think they were something like 8-3 or 9-2. I'm an Eagles fan myself. I'm kind of bummed they didn't get a better bowl, though. Did you see the Texas-Colorado "game" Saturday? That was just brutal.

Edited because I cannot spell.

Comment

They are getting better at it though. The game against the Redskins helped prove that. Until the end of the 2nd quarter they were in a slug match with Oakland. Also Jammer batting down a pass gainst the Jets proves they can stop the O. So they are at a point where they can prove they can be a GREAT team.
                      Oh, definitely, especially if they can continue to pull it together here in the last few games!

Comment

Oh, definitely, especially if they can continue to pull it together here in the last few games!
                        They always play tough games with the best of them, its just a matter of holding on in the final seconds. If they can do that they will be able to take the Broncos. I expect repeats of the Giants and Chiefs games, while the Colts are a bit more iffy. But all be told they can still lost around two more games and still make it to the playoffs.

Comment

Oh Nooooooo! I forgot that Tomlinson was injured, hope he is going to be playing this Sunday. He must play, must, I repeat must play. If nothing else, must be healthy for Colts game...

Comment

I'm sure they'll beat Miami. If they can't beat Miami... Eh, well that's just sad. No offense to Dolphins fans. Although Tomlinson didn't practice yesterday. I think he's still down as questionable for Sunday.
                            Last edited by Vee; 08 December 2005, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vee
                              I'm sure they'll beat Miami. If they can't beat Miami... Eh, well that's just sad. No offense to Dolphins fans. Although Tomlinson didn't practice yesterday. I think he's still down as questionable for Sunday.
                              I'm sure they will too, he just better be back for the 18th, against the Colts. That and if any of our other players get injured I think I will scream. Yep, still down as questionable which is good cuz it could be a lot worse. Not that TOmlinson needs to practice, he is just that good. Has played injured before though so he may play this Sunday...

Comment

I'm sure they will too, he just better be back for the 18th, against the Colts. That and if any of our other players get injured I think I will scream. Yep, still down as questionable which is good cuz it could be a lot worse. Not that TOmlinson needs to practice, he is just that good. Has played injured before though so he may play this Sunday...
                                Any of your other players getting injured? Trying being a Pats fan. It's brutal. Anyway, it seems LT will be playing tomorrow. And Bush won the Heisman, no big shock there, but good to see anyway. Man, that kid can play.

Comment

Working...
                                X