No announcement yet.

Calling all Scots!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bah! It's a masquerade with very few powers of it's own...all it means is less hassle for Westminister as they don't take much to do with Scottish affairs now...but our parliament doesnt have enough powers to deal with all our affairs...so things go unseento and undone...

JMVHSO

*gets down off of political soapbox*

Qasim - thankies for the green!
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

The parliament building is just down the road from me. It's quite nifty inside. I hated the building when it was getting built, but it's grown on me, probably because I pass it every day.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
        *gets down off of political soapbox*
        You should get another type of box - soap is slippery
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
          You should get another type of box - soap is slippery
          Am I the only one who giggled at that? - curse my dirty mind.

Comment

Qasim - LOL

Bev - I've still not been through to Edinburgh! With this last minute University dash I've not had time!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
              The parliament building is just down the road from me. It's quite nifty inside. I hated the building when it was getting built, but it's grown on me, probably because I pass it every day.
              It surprised me when I saw it "in the flesh" as it were. I have to say I dont think it was worth the money that was paid for it but its an interesting building.

Comment

I've never been to Edinburgh, I keep promising myself that we'll go but never get round to it. I'd love to see the Parliament building.

Comment

I had never been any further north than Angus until this summer, when we went to Inverness, the Black Isle, and back down through Glencoe. The scenery is amazing. And it makes me realise how flat this area is.

Comment

Now you're talking...that's my neck of the woods. I love Inverness (off there tommorrow), the Black Isle is just gorgeous isn't it? Did you spot any dolphins when you were up here?

Comment

I've never been to that neck of the woods...But I've travelled the length and breadth of the west coast...from Skye to Stranraer.

Anywho...I saved some piccies of my area to my computer earlier...I'll upload them then post them!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
                        Now you're talking...that's my neck of the woods. I love Inverness (off there tommorrow), the Black Isle is just gorgeous isn't it? Did you spot any dolphins when you were up here?
                        No sadly we didn't - but we had a great time. When we were up in The Black Isle, we stopped the car in a wee village and were looking at a map. There was a group of teenage lads staring at us, the one came over and said "are you lost - can I help at all?" He then stood with us for about 10 mins telling us everything there was to see in the area. I was so impressed, we Scots are such a nice bunch eh?

Comment

Yup! I feel like a tourguide quite often...I once got really irked when I was standing in Balloch Village Square and a group of backpackers asked me where Balloch was...

Uploaded some snurched piccies...

http://photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/Home/
                          sigpic

Comment

Here's some of them!

View from Loch Lomond down the River Leven to Balloch.

And my local

Anyone got any more to share?
                            sigpic

Comment

Oooh piccy time.

A couple of views of the bay where I live:

[IMG]

And a pic of my local high street:

Comment

That's the Bass Rock in the background, and the piper is not me lol
                                Last edited by Sha're; 05 September 2005, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X