No announcement yet.

Calling all Scots!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Ladies an' Germs - I spent the weekend in Ayr. Eagle-1, SG-999's tame sniper invited the gang down. As it happened, only myself and Anti-Dan (our tame explosives expert) could take him up on the offer.

A good time was had by all - even Sam, Eagle-1's rather cute kitten.

I'm off on my travels again this weekend. X-Man and I are off to Perth to pay a visit to SG-999's C.O. Nasty Nick, and his finacee (and out X.O.) Major Kitty.
    Any of you in the area on the Saturday afternoon, you'll probably find X-Man and me wandering the town centre like damned souls, while Nick and Kitty do duty with the St. Andrews Ambulance Assoc. at the footie.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
      Well, Ladies an' Germs - I spent the weekend in Ayr. Eagle-1, SG-999's tame sniper invited the gang down. As it happened, only myself and Anti-Dan (our tame explosives expert) could take him up on the offer.

A good time was had by all - even Sam, Eagle-1's rather cute kitten.

I'm off on my travels again this weekend. X-Man and I are off to Perth to pay a visit to SG-999's C.O. Nasty Nick, and his finacee (and out X.O.) Major Kitty.
      Any of you in the area on the Saturday afternoon, you'll probably find X-Man and me wandering the town centre like damned souls, while Nick and Kitty do duty with the St. Andrews Ambulance Assoc. at the footie.
      Cruising through Anubis69's turf, eh?? Just one thing, PLEASE tell me you went to the farm park when you were passing through?!!?

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Any of you heard of Clann An Drumma? They are the hottest celtic band to come out of Scotland in a long time. 5 drums and a bagpipe. with some of the Hottest guys in kilts. You'd be daft nae to love them and they are just braw to be around at their shows.

www.clannandrumma.com

Comment

OMG!!!!!!

I've seen them twice...they're AMAZING!!!!!!!!

Have you ever gone to the Loch Lomond Music Festival??? That's where I saw them?
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
            Cruising through Anubis69's turf, eh?? Just one thing, PLEASE tell me you went to the farm park when you were passing through?!!?
            Not that I know of, any particular reason why I should've?
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

So no CAD fans 'cept for me and Daniel Freak?

I highly recommend ANYONE with any interest in Folk, Scottish or Drum music to listen to some of their stuff...it is superb.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
                Not that I know of, any particular reason why I should've?
                It's the greatest attraction in Ayr after the electric brae! Llamas, ducks, swans, quad bikes, trampolines and dry ski slopes. It's brilliant. In fact, to quote that billboard outside Prestwick airport, it's "Pure dead brilliant".

Comment

^ It's well worth a visit, been there a few time meself.

Comment

Does anyone even know who CLAN AN DRUMMA are????
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                      Does anyone even know who CLAN AN DRUMMA are????
                      *Shrugs shoulders* After reading this thread i know OF them!! But no, never heard them. Sorry!! I love bagpipes as much as the next Scot, but i've never gone out of my way to buy a CD. I'll either "borrow" one of my faither's scottish CD's (Not Deacon Blue and the like, they're terrible... ) but i much rather listen to bagpipes live.

Comment

They don't play bagpipes...they play a variety of celtic drums...and they're great live and otherwise!
                        sigpic

Comment

I was reading the Daily Express at work (and the metro (what a paper!) on the way to glasgow!!) and i saw an article. Aparently according to the UN, Scotland is the most violent countey in the world. These figures going on drunken crimes, people getting beaten up *shakes fist at neds* and burglary's etc. What ever happened to "Scots. The friendly race"?

Comment

Neds happened...

I was at a special Freshers thingy today at the Royal Concert.

The police put on a play and were dressed up as Neds...it was hilarious!!!!!!

They called the neds Nedulous Nasalous

LOL
                            sigpic

Comment

I just saw this on BBC News. Nice how the MOD seemed to have a preference for testing stuff like this up here.

Comment

^HOLY CRAP!!!! That's great, we house britain's nuclear arsenal AND have the plague! Go us!!!

Originally posted by sueKay
                                I was at a special Freshers thingy today at the Royal Concert.
                                Top of Buchanan street? i was there earlier, not at that thing, i was registering and waiting for my tardy brother so sat next to Mr. Dewar for 15mins watching the folk go buy. That's a point, how's uni life treating ye'??

Comment

Working...
                                X