X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay
    And it's legal tender!
    Can you use it in England and Wales?
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Yup...most people won't take it, but it completely legal. It REALLY pi$$es me off when people look at you like you're a freak for giving them scots money...and IMVHO...i prefer our notes (though we could do with some new £5 notes...)
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
        Indeed luckily for me my auntie owns a chip shop so everything is free for me
        That's so cool!! I'll bet your arteries are like enamel these days tho!!!!

The best bag of chips i've ever had was in Aberdeen. It was at the Harry Ramsden's on the shore near the fair ground thingy. (if you're ever there, check it out!!) It's an "add your own salt and vineger" place. I went a little overboard on the former!!

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

For for funky money you should see the money in N.Ireland. Most of it is similar to our money, but they have this £5 note, which is really plastic-y with a transparent window on it. The othere half tried to use it on a bus from Aberdeen airport home, the driver was having none of it.....good job he had some 'real' money on him.

edit - ^ would the name of the place be Cordobas by any chance?

Comment

Can you use it in England and Wales?
            Well there we have it Suekay - that's why we get all the dirty looks eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
              That's so cool!! I'll bet your arteries are like enamel these days tho!!!!
              My arteries are OK - teeth not so good
              Originally posted by Sha're
              Well there we have it Suekay - that's why we get all the dirty looks eh?
              What makes you think we would know?
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

It's a good point. Whenever I travel down south I always change my money into English notes, just because I can't be bothered with the grief.

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
                  edit - ^ would the name of the place be Cordobas by any chance?
                  It was a Harry Ramsden's (however you spell it!) but now that you mention it, in the years when i was in Aberdeen before that, there was another one on the corner of a block of shops that wasn't open last time. i can't remember the name though. They made good chips as well actually!!

Comment

^ Anubis you doofus I meant was the fair thingy called Cordobas.

Comment

ROFLMAO
                      love Torri

Comment

Sha're - I do the same...whenever we're in England, we always use English notes...but we always keep one Scots fiver...so if we spot any snot-nosed staff in the Service Stations who're being rude...well...

Immature I know
                        sigpic

Comment

Because the currency of Great Britain is pounds sterling which is printed quite clearly on all Scottish notes. Qasim, that's my point mate - we are all supposed to be part of Britain aren't we - why then would Scotland print notes that weren't legal tender in any other part of Britain?

Comment

a good Daniel quote comes to mind...

You see? See! See! See!

LOL

Well...I think the Neds have torched the local primary school tonight...smoke...fire brigade...*groan*
                            sigpic

Comment

LOL! Harsh!...Harsh, but fair. I honestly don't know. I was on the way back down to ayr after playing hockey and we didn't pass by it on the bus.

That's twice iv made an idiot out of myself on this one thread today!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                                Sha're - I do the same...whenever we're in England, we always use English notes...but we always keep one Scots fiver...so if we spot any snot-nosed staff in the Service Stations who're being rude...well...

Immature I know
                                Lol - good one. But yes I shall admit then whenever I go to England, I make sure I've got English notes too...........

Comment

Working...
                                X