Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North and South (Novel and BBC Adaptation)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Easter Lily
    Very nice... Eemo...

*saves them to 'puter*
    *changes desktop background*
    I'm never going to live that down am I

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
    DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

Now, now, no picking on Eemo.

Beautiful, lovely shots. Much yummy scrummy goodness.

Comment

oh well I'm just going to have to add that to ever growing list of nicknames.

I should do some drawing for uni so I'll see you all tomorrow.
        night

DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

Ciao, bella.

Comment

Speaking of cravatlessness... I found this really cool link about the etymology of the word "cravat"

http://www.croatianhistory.net/etf/cravate.html
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

By the time it got to Victorian times, the tieing of a cravat was quite simple. For some people in Regency times, it took hours to do a cravat properly.

Comment

Yes... I've noticed that the cravats in the Jane Austen adaptations look somewhat more elaborate...
                sigpic
                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Just got an email from a student in my Lit class asking about something. She ended it with "Gotta get back to Elizabeth Gaskell." Heh.

Comment

I've just taken Wives and Daughters out of the library... and found out that as staff member of the uni I can have it for 60 days... Yeah! And I'm allowed 40 books each time...
                    I'm in a Gaskell state of mind...
                    sigpic

Comment

There's heaps of really good books on Gaskell. Now I've dropped out of uni, I have to get a caval card so I can continue to get books out from Deakin.

Comment

its 4 more eps of Inspector Lynley till RA one His is the first os season 4 so hopefuly 7 will not brake between seasons.

Comment

Please remind us, won't you... I don't usually watch Inspector Lynley... didn't find the early ones all that interesting...
                          I miss Inspector Morse and Jonathan Creek...
                          sigpic

Comment

OK I'll remind you, my parents watch it so I always know its on.
                            I wish there was more Rebus, its been ages. 7 shows Morse somethimes durring the day.

Comment

I watch Lynley because I like Sharon Small and I adore Nathanial Parker. The books are better, though. The most recent one was terrific. The character of Helen is woefully cast in the series, though. Looking forward to the RA one. Gosh, I wonder why?

Happy that Murphy's Law is finishing this week. Didn't get into it at all.

Comment

Yeah I've never been a big james nesbit fan, he was ok in Coldfeet but he always seems to play the same sort of character. Midsomer Murders is back on the week after yay. I'm still sad Troy's gone but Barneby is great

Comment

Working...
                                X