Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope everyone's had a nice, peaceful Christmas.

Things are pretty hectic my end at the moment. Plots and plans. You could remove the Ls, but that leaves a really different kind of hectic. And lots of secrets. Because you can barely breathe on the internets without the wrong people hearing. I want to shout and tell the world... but got to keep it buttoned. Le sigh.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

TJ, here's hoping your secrets are all of the good kind, leading to hopes fulfilled!

Good thing I cancelled the trip...I heard that N TX weather was even WORSE today.

Kiwi, your blessing worked, less pain today. Thanks!
      Gilder

You can contact me through my GW Forums profile (email preferred) or on Facebook.

www.chimaeracon.com

Comment

*sighs* Why do politicians and the media have to overreact to the latest incident in aviation? It's not like more "security" measures will make it safer, most likely they'll annoy everyone else.

Could someone hand them a dictionary and point to the word "terror" from which terrorism is derived? The way the politicians and media are acting means the terrorists have already won...
        Signed,

Gregorius
        Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
        Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Yep, Gilder. Definitely the good kind
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Didn't notice any increased security stuff coming back from Boston to Seattle. I see now that they're loosening up on the measures imposed. Guess they finally realized how asinine and pointless they were.

All I know is that I was told to show up at least 2 hours early to deal with security and only had a wait of about five minutes, giving me WAY too much time to waste in a very boring airport. I'm surprised I wasn't reported to security for all my wandering back and forth.

If you want to beef up security, fine, but do it INTELLIGENTLY and with FORESIGHT, not hindsight.

Comment

Airport security is a joke, as are most "safety" methods to prevent people from smuggling stuff on-board an aircraft: Most modern aircraft are still maintained and build by humans.
              Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                Airport security is a joke, as are most "safety" methods to prevent people from smuggling stuff on-board an aircraft: Most modern aircraft are still maintained and build by humans.
                As George Carlin said, the only thing airport security does is make white people feel safe.
                Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng View Post
                  As George Carlin said, the only thing airport security does is make white people feel safe.
                  And it makes politicians feel good about themselves because they acted and can use it in their next campaign.
                  Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

May I say:

Winter sux!!!!!

Between Sunday evening and Monday evening we had a good foot of snow. My roommate got home first and got stuck halfway up the drive. 15 minutes later I got just as stuck right behind her.
                    We took turns with the snowblower and shovel and it still took a BLOODY hour and half to clear the drive.
                    Right now, we have a fine freezing mist of rain coating everything with ice.

Can we have Spring? Please????
                    You're never too old to do something goofy.
                    sigpic
                    Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Not sure I like this new forum format. It feels very cold and industrial and nothing is where I left it.

Comment

I can change the industrial look.
                        Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure burn marks are the order of the day

Comment

Aw man!
                            sigpic
                            Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

*sulk* Broke my little toe this morning by accidentally slamming it into the doorframe while still sleepy. Ouch! Went to After Hours clinic where the X-rayed it and said it was broken good and proper, and then had to go to hospital to have it set. Got to have nitrous to take the edge off which was new for me - kind of like a perpetual moment before fainting
                              Still, home now, and it doesn't hurt really, so should be OK. Walking is a bit of a *****, but I've nicked me Mum's parking badge (much closer to work ).

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater View Post
                                *sulk* Broke my little toe this morning by accidentally slamming it into the doorframe while still sleepy. Ouch! Went to After Hours clinic where the X-rayed it and said it was broken good and proper, and then had to go to hospital to have it set. Got to have nitrous to take the edge off which was new for me - kind of like a perpetual moment before fainting
                                Still, home now, and it doesn't hurt really, so should be OK. Walking is a bit of a *****, but I've nicked me Mum's parking badge (much closer to work ).
                                My condolances!

Broken toes hurt a surprising amount! I broke my big toe when I was in 5th grade (which was about 1852, I think) and it hurt like heck for weeks! Way back then they wouldn't set it so I just had to walk around putting my weight on the outside of my food until it stopped hurting. At least it got me out of gym!

Comment

Working...
                                X