No announcement yet.

TNT's The Last Ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it was more of an open ending than and actual cliffhanger. The only things left hanging that I can think of have to do with Chandler (Where will he go?
    What will he do? If/when/how will he come back?). The season's main plot (Shaw/the conspiracy with Peng/the takeover/ was pretty much resolved.

I liked the season finale and the season overall (for the most part). I'm disappointed that
    Spoiler:
    they brought Tex back for a few eps only to kill him in the end. I really liked Tex and will miss the character.
    I still don't like Sasha, I don't like how she was introduced as someone that has history with Chandler, so she could be an instant love interest, without actually having to build anything between them in the present
    Spoiler:
    (that kiss in the finale (and the one earlier in the season) felt so forced).
    Her list of skills also seemed to grow with each passing episode (she started out as an intelligence officer who could handle herself, and ended up as a field team leader, going out/leading missions like the one to get Shaw). I disliked the way the helicopter pilot was introduced as well (Val dies after being shown flirting with Wolf then they introduce Jesse who gets a bit flirty with Wolf). It felt like they were just replacing female characters with other female characters to be love interests. I grew to like Jesse though and they didn't force anything between her and Wolf this season, so I was relieved.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to next season.
    sigpic

Comment

Life lesson: Don't flirt with someone named "Wolf".
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        If the cliffhanger is about Chandler, it's not much of one, since Eric Dane has said he will be back for Season 4 and 5. One question might be will he return to the Navy. Reports say that next season will take place about a year after current events, so lots of time to resolve or get a grip on personal issues.
        Maybe he becomes the new president.. after a proper national vote?

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
        I disliked the way the helicopter pilot was introduced as well (Val dies after being shown flirting with Wolf then they introduce Jesse who gets a bit flirty with Wolf). It felt like they were just replacing female characters with other female characters to be love interests. I grew to like Jesse though and they didn't force anything between her and Wolf this season, so I was relieved.
        Maybe its cause i loved the actress from the 100, but i much preferred Jesse (the pilot) to the hacker val...

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          I doubt that. In a functioning govt., POTUS wouldn't be on a Destroyer, or in any combat role where the risk of capture or death is high. He would be a very high value target for any enemy.

I hope they don't sit him behind a desk.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            I doubt that. In a functioning govt., POTUS wouldn't be on a Destroyer, or in any combat role where the risk of capture or death is high. He would be a very high value target for any enemy.

I hope they don't sit him behind a desk.

*Cough* George Washington *Cough*
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

Maybe its cause i loved the actress from the 100, but i much preferred Jesse (the pilot) to the hacker val...
              I really like Dichen Lachlan as an actress, I also loved her as Anya on The 100 and really liked her characters on Agents of SHIELD, Last Resort, and Dollhouse. I grew to like Jesse as much as Val, I just really disliked the way she was introduced. I also really like Bridget Regan as an actress. I loved her as Dottie on Agent Carter and as Kahlan on Legend of the Seeker, but I really dislike the character of Sasha.
              sigpic

Comment

While people might like that idea, I doubt it will happen. Chandler is the main character in the series, and needs to be in the thick of the action, so I doubt they would put him in that job.

Comment

For how long can the Nathan James be The Last Ship anyway? For a bit it wasn't, then it was again.
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                    I really like Dichen Lachlan as an actress, I also loved her as Anya on The 100 and really liked her characters on Agents of SHIELD, Last Resort, and Dollhouse. I grew to like Jesse as much as Val, I just really disliked the way she was introduced. I also really like Bridget Regan as an actress. I loved her as Dottie on Agent Carter and as Kahlan on Legend of the Seeker, but I really dislike the character of Sasha.
                    Her character in shield i liked right up till she got wonkey and killed raina and started a war with shield.

Comment

Her character in shield i liked right up till she got wonkey and killed raina and started a war with shield.
                      I liked her as a character even after she revealed her true intentions lol.
                      sigpic

Comment

As a serving naval officer wouldn't Chandler be open to being re-drafted at any time even though he resigned his commission? I hope that doesn't mean our favourite firefly's days are numbered.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                          As a serving naval officer wouldn't Chandler be open to being re-drafted at any time even though he resigned his commission? I hope that doesn't mean our favourite firefly's days are numbered.

Our who-what-now?
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

Our who-what-now?
                            Adam Chandler. He was one of the stars of "Firefly", who now plays Mike Slattery on "The Last Ship".

Comment

Thanks, I couldn't remember either his real or character nsme, just that he was in Firefly

Comment

right now-you can catch reruns of the last ship on TNT from 1am-3am eastern.

update: only on Wednesdays.
                                Last edited by epg20; 30 May 2017, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X