Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they could have spent less time on the misdirect
    Spoiler:
    that Takehaya was the villain and some of the stuff with Peng, and spent more time on the regional leaders, but Chandler wasn't in the US and he and the ship are pretty the focus of the show so I can see why they didn't spend that much time with the takeover.
    (Put in spoiler tags just in case.)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
      I'm glad that it's been renewed through season 5.

I think that shorter seasons work better for serialized shows. In my opinion it allows for a more coherent forward movement of the overall plot. If the season had more episodes you'd have to stretch the story out or stall the story in order to have enough material for all those episodes and still hit/reach certain points during certain parts of the season. You'd most likely have filler episodes with characters going on side trips that either go nowhere or eventually lead back to the main story. Then some people would likely be complaining that the season is a mess/all over the place or that there was too much pointless filler and little movement on the overall plot.
      Who says they have to stretch the existing story or use filler. If an artist is given a larger canvas, he can expand his painting, including more material rather than just "zooming in" to fill the space.

I would hope that in this case, they would choose to create and tell more story rather than stretching what they have.

Also, this might mean that they've already decided to end it after 5 seasons. If you recall, that's what Syfy did with "Haven". After 4 seasons, they announced season 5A and 5B, which actually aired over 2 years, so in effect, after 4 years, they announced season 5 & 6, and it was widely expected and came to pass that S6 (or 5B) was the final.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        Who says they have to stretch the existing story or use filler. If an artist is given a larger canvas, he can expand his painting, including more material rather than just "zooming in" to fill the space.

I would hope that in this case, they would choose to create and tell more story rather than stretching what they have.

Also, this might mean that they've already decided to end it after 5 seasons. If you recall, that's what Syfy did with "Haven". After 4 seasons, they announced season 5A and 5B, which actually aired over 2 years, so in effect, after 4 years, they announced season 5 & 6, and it was widely expected and came to pass that S6 (or 5B) was the final.
        It's what usually ends up happening on more serialized shows with 20+ episodes, like Supernatural, Once Upon a Time or Grimm (I haven't watched it since season 3), or even Person of Interest (and I loved this show), they fill in the episodes spaces between the arc episodes with monster/crime of the week or character episodes, and the arc gets lost/stalled/barely touch upon, and that can be annoying to watch (for some people for different reasons). I don't mind case of the week/procedural shows, but I prefer serialized shows, especially those with shorter episode counts, because the story tends to be more focused and move along better, IMO.

Yeah, season five, will most likely be the last, unless it pulls in some amazing ratings or something, then they'll probably want to extend it.
        sigpic

Comment

Longer seasons would turn this show into a Star Trek/Crusade hybrid ON EARTH! Not exactly a good thing. I'd imagine that they'd have to develop a very complex story (not always a good thing for attracting new viewers or people missing an episode) or a series of "Island/ship/mission of the week" type episodes which can hurt any sense of urgency that gives the show a little bit of je ne sais qua.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Waaaaah!

Spoiler:
            I did not see that coming. I thought Tex was going to save the day and he did, but not that he was going to die. How did he even get injured?

On the other hand, I was so glad Chandler killed Allison. Knew it was about to happen the way she was going on and on and ranting and raving about everything. It's just too bad she didn't have to stick around and face the nation for her crimes. She truly was insane.

I'm unhappy, too, that Jed Chandler died. It doesn't seem fair at all. The Chandler's and Kara's mom must have split up somewhere along the way, since she and Danny hadn't been taken prisoner.

However, Danny finally getting to meet his son was a sweet scene.

It'll be interesting to find out how Chandler gets brought back next season.

Comment

Spoiler:
              I agree, Tex dying was unseen, and was a major shocker, NOT so much as a shock seeing allison finally getting it..

As to Papa chandler, as soon as i saw the kids, i knew he had to have been killed.. NO way he would have let them go without a fight.

Though i wonder.. That general who was working FOR allison. Will President and co bring HIM up on charges and if so, what?? Treason seems right.

As for Chandler coming back.. Unsure how..

Comment

Spoiler:
                At least they didn't end on a major cliffhanger we have to wait 9 months for.

Comment

That whole 9 month wait for only 10 eps is gonna be killer.

Comment

Yeah, but luckily there are a host of TV shows coming to keep me busy when I am not busy so I won't feel the void @.@
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

Dam at that ending

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                        Dam at that ending
                        yeah, that ending was a killer, sorry, but that is one of the things I like about this show, it has endings, weather it is the ending of the series or not, just to be clear, it is NOT, they don't end the show on a cliff hanger, they wrap things up, it is just so annoying the way some shows think a cliff hanger is a good way to keep the viewer interested, if the show is good, they will come back on their own, you don't need to waste time on cliff hangers.

Comment

True dat. BUT you have to admit, many of the cliff hangers SG1 and SGA had were humdingers..

Comment

I thought the ending was a cliffhanger personally
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

In what way?? They had ended the spliting coup of the USA, and had killed or captured all involved..

Comment

If the cliffhanger is about Chandler, it's not much of one, since Eric Dane has said he will be back for Season 4 and 5. One question might be will he return to the Navy. Reports say that next season will take place about a year after current events, so lots of time to resolve or get a grip on personal issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X