Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    Spoiler:
    Hence why i felt that Kara should have taken the shot when she had it..
    Spoiler:
    Ph, I agree, she certainly should have taken advantage of the situation and ended Allison.

Comment

Spoiler:
      Well, we called it, they used the chinese ship captured as a decoy, but still.. Seeing it blown up like that, made those on shore worried as heck.

Loved how they captured the train, and that those on board were too scared to do anything.. And Hungry.

I also liked seeing Tex's daughter train up the president on using a pistol..

BUT seeing next week's preview, i wonder how Allison got Chandler on that plane??

Comment

Spoiler:
        I felt so badly for Kara when she thought it was the James that was blown up. But I loved the reunion scene with Danny. She was so confused, but so happy.

Also loved the reunion scene between Vulture Team and Tex & Co. Chandler actually smiled at that point. Loved his comment about how he didn't doubt Tex would somehow show up at the scene of the action.

Also loved the reunion scene on the James with the crew and all the folks on the ground. I think those reunion scenes were the best part of the episode.

Although, Castillo getting arrested was pretty great too. He was such a scumbag. Didn't even hesitate to tell his guys to kill the general. So good to see Castillo getting his comeuppance. Next up Roberta, Allison and the other regional representatives.

Here's a great review of the latest episode:
        http://www.threeifbyspace.net/2016/0...gzFfA.facebook

I was a bit shocked at seeing Tex get his head shoved through a glass window. That must have hurt.

Also agree about Tex's daughter showing President Howard on how to use a pistol. Also the scene when she gave "Bob" their last can of food, since he didn't have anymore food for himself.

Allison seems to get even more awful each week. I'm kind of wondering just how much power she has when she shuts up all the regional representatives for squabbling like little children.

Lots of other good stuff, but I'd have to watch the episode again to pick out the various moments. Not that that would be a bad thing, but I'll have to wait for the DVDs to come out before I can do that, because I don't know how to use the "on demand" thingy on TV.

Very sad that next Sunday is the last episode of the season. The good thing about that is that there will be a Season 4, and not a series end.

Comment

It is always irking me off the seasons are so damn short, just like falling skies.. BUT it is good its been picked up for a 4th season.

Comment

13 episodes is pretty standard for a cable show
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

That maybe, but i prefer a 22 season show like SG1!!

Comment

I think everyone does. Except the people who make the decision.

Comment

It certainly seems that way for TNT..

Comment

It doesn't even make sense to me. If a show is pulling enough audience numbers to make a profit in a 13 week run, wouldn't it make twice as much on a full 26 episode run?

Comment

Cable channels just don't seem to do that amount of episodes anymore. 13 seems to be the standard now, with maybe 15-18 episodes at a push for a really successful show, but never the full 22-24 like networks do.

It just seems to be the way American television has evolved.

Comment

I just found this on Facebook. We get a 5th season. Yaaay!

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/08...alflow_twitter

Comment

That's cool. BUT they are cutting both S4 and 5 down to Ten eps each??

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            That's cool. BUT they are cutting both S4 and 5 down to Ten eps each??
                            Yeah. That's what I read, too. I'm kind of bummed, but then I remember that we are actually getting two more seasons, so I guess I can't really complaint ... too much.

Comment

I'm glad that it's been renewed through season 5.

I think that shorter seasons work better for serialized shows. In my opinion it allows for a more coherent forward movement of the overall plot. If the season had more episodes you'd have to stretch the story out or stall the story in order to have enough material for all those episodes and still hit/reach certain points during certain parts of the season. You'd most likely have filler episodes with characters going on side trips that either go nowhere or eventually lead back to the main story. Then some people would likely be complaining that the season is a mess/all over the place or that there was too much pointless filler and little movement on the overall plot.
                              sigpic

Comment

True, but the shorter seasons also lends to 'rushing to finish' a plotline.. IMO how they seemed to gloss over how quickly/easily it was for the 5 pack of turds to take over, is one of those rushings..

Comment

Working...
                                X