Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    Spoiler:
    I hadn't realize it at the time, but when Allison kissed his wrist, it was where the scar is when he tried to kill himself in Season 2. That kind of makes it more personal since it would seem that she knows he tried to kill himself. So, I think you're right that something more personal has been going on between them for awhile.
    Spoiler:
    I didn't realize that until you just pointed it out. I was going by the fact that he wasn't shocked when she did it.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      And you would have thought that with the knowledge of the Japs using underground tunnels a lot (Oki, Iwo jima and other spots), that the crew of the james would have thought OF that possibility, before Chandler seemed to twig it..
      You're right.

Comment

Spoiler:
        Considering how almost instantly the Chinese showed up when Chandler and our guys cleared the village area, I'm going to say the Chinese had been tracking our guys and knew exactly when to show up to try to take them out. Not that it did them any good, though.

Loved Burk and Jesse in the helicopter and the chance they took on getting out of the way of that missile before it hit the village. Jesse is really beginning to fit in with our guys. Totally willing to take chances to help out the cause.

And Big Brother Burk stepping up to give the order to fire the 5" guns when he knew it might kill his brother.

I'm really, really wishing that Kara would get a chance to slug that smug Jacob right in the face at some point for his behavior. No matter what information he manages to get from anywhere, he's not going to get a Pulitzer prize for his work or any other prize. He strikes me as trying to get information for his own gain, rather than for the greater good. Looks like he gets to interview Curtis (the *$@#$% that killed Rachel) next week.

I notice that the ending scene with Chandler walking around the helo bay and surveying the survivors and injured and then talking to Mike on the deck - there's a musical theme playing in the background that is the same music that was played at the end of the 2d episode when Chandler is walking across the deck from the helicopter and he and Granderson stop and just look at each other and she salutes him, an then he continues across the deck. I'm wondering if this is Chandler's theme or a theme that goes along with scenes of a similar kind. Regardless, I really like the music: soft background with a continuing drum beat.

I loved that Ray survived; I thought maybe he wouldn't. So sad, though, that Cruz died. I notice that he and the others of our guys that got shot, got shot in the neck. Is that some sort of kill shot used by various troops, since somebody will bleed out rapidly from that kind of injury?

I also felt kind of badly for Doc Rios. He had to kill Toshiro. It was either that or he and Miller would have been killed. It wasn't like there was any real choice. I just feel rather badly for him, because he's a doctor, and it couldn't have been easy for him to do that. And he stabbed Toshiro in the neck!

And given that Takahaya is now a prisoner on the Nathan James, he and his wife will likely be given the "good" cure and become healthy, and realize that the Americans were not the enemy, but that somebody else is and maybe start helping our guys, although that may be wishful thinking.

Loved Adam Baldwin in this episode with his humor, and asking Toshiro what he did before become an a**hole that he currently was. And then felt really badly for him near the end when he found out how many of our guys had died trying to rescue him and the others. He and Doc Rios are going to have some emotional baggage to deal with (or not - depending on what the writers do).

And then there was Garnet who finally got to do something more than being a prisoner, when she ran to sabotage the tower, and then almost got caught before Takahaya's wife confirmed that she was just trying to help her. Phew!

I also have to note how impressed I was with Jeter, who was still very weak from having his blood drained, but he still managed to take down one of Takahaya's men with his hands tied behind his back.
        Last edited by hedwig; 19 July 2016, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brendini View Post
          Spoiler:
          I didn't realize that until you just pointed it out. I was going by the fact that he wasn't shocked when she did it.
          I didn't catch that either..

Spoiler:
          Considering how almost instantly the Chinese showed up when Chandler and our guys cleared the village area, I'm going to say the Chinese had been tracking our guys and knew exactly when to show up to try to take them out. Not that it did them any good, though.

Loved Burk and Jesse in the helicopter and the chance they took on getting out of the way of that missile before it hit the village. Jesse is really beginning to fit in with our guys. Totally willing to take chances to help out the cause.

And Big Brother Burk stepping up to give the order to fire the 5" guns when he knew it might kill his brother.

I'm really, really wishing that Kara would get a chance to slug that smug Jacob right in the face at some point for his behavior. No matter what information he manages to get from anywhere, he's not going to get a Pulitzer prize for his work or any other prize. He strikes me as trying to get information for his own gain, rather than for the greater good. Looks like he gets to interview Curtis (the *$@#$% that killed Rachel) next week.

I notice that the ending scene with Chandler walking around the helo bay and surveying the survivors and injured and then talking to Mike on the deck - there's a musical theme playing in the background that is the same music that was played at the end of the 2d episode when Chandler is walking across the deck from the helicopter and he and Granderson stop and just look at each other and she salutes him, an then he continues across the deck. I'm wondering if this is Chandler's theme or a theme that goes along with scenes of a similar kind. Regardless, I really like the music: soft background with a continuing drum beat.

I loved that Ray survived; I thought maybe he wouldn't. So sad, though, that Cruz died. I notice that he and the others of our guys that got shot, got shot in the neck. Is that some sort of kill shot used by various troops, since somebody will bleed out rapidly from that kind of injury?

I also felt kind of badly for Doc Rios. He had to kill Toshiro. It was either that or he and Miller would have been killed. It wasn't like there was any real choice. I just feel rather badly for him, because he's a doctor, and it couldn't have been easy for him to do that. And he stabbed Toshiro in the neck!

And given that Takahaya is now a prisoner on the Nathan James, he and his wife will likely be given the "good" cure and become healthy, and realize that the Americans were not the enemy, but that somebody else is and maybe start helping our guys, although that may be wishful thinking.

Loved Adam Baldwin in this episode with his humor, and asking Toshiro what he did before become an a**hole that he currently was. And then felt really badly for him near the end when he found out how many of our guys had died trying to rescue him and the others. He and Doc Rios are going to have some emotional baggage to deal with (or not - depending on what the writers do).

And then there was Garnet who finally got to do something more than being a prisoner, when she ran to sabotage the tower, and then almost got caught before Takahaya's wife confirmed that she was just trying to help her. Phew!

I also have to note how impressed I was with Jeter, who was still very weak from having his blood drained, but he still managed to take down one of Takahaya's men with his hands tied behind his back.
          Spoiler:

Yea what WAS it with the Chinese showing up so quickly and why did they shoot to kill OUR guys/ Didn't pang say they were also after Takahaya?

And i also felt bad for Doc..

Comment

^^ Kill two birds with one stone, would be easy to blame Takahaya for it if nobody was left.

Comment

According to one of the producers, Tex is coming back. Yippee. Don't know when, but apparently he is.

Comment

NIIICEEE> Always loved his character.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Wow! I did not see that ending coming.

Jacob sure managed to do a number on the President's emotional issues. I thought maybe he'd be asking Curtis why he killed Rachel, but he (Jacob) was only out to get information to harm the President. I hope he gets brought up on some sort of charges, or at the very least be banned from the White House.

On the ship, I kind of suspected what Takahaya was up to. I didn't think that he'd put his wife and unborn child in that kind of danger, so I assumed he had knowledge of the mine field he led the ship into, and then later when the ship was being followed by those other ships, that the other ships would run right into the mine field and lose at least 1 of their other ships.

I'll be curious to see if they pursue the tidbit that Kyoko said when she was giving birth. She said something about "the mist". I'm thinking maybe the "mist" had something to do with making the cure not work, but we'll have to wait and see.

Sweet scene with Danny helping with the birth and holding the baby, and undoubtedly thinking about his own son and Kara.

Given the way the episode ended, I guess that means the President was NOT the mole (not that I ever thought he was).

Still unclear whether Allison is the (or one of) mole. Given scenes from upcoming episodes, I'm thinking she's not.

And we see the new President in the previews to next week. We never saw him before this, as far as I can remember. At least he seemed somewhat sympathetic to Michenor when speaking of his death.
                  Last edited by hedwig; 24 July 2016, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Well, technically not everyone did..
                    And you would have thought that with the knowledge of the Japs using underground tunnels a lot (Oki, Iwo jima and other spots), that the crew of the james would have thought OF that possibility, before Chandler seemed to twig it..
                    They are sailors, while everyone on TV moves around like Special Forces soldiers from seamen recruits to rookie cops since the 1980s when others besides Dave Starsky of Starsky and Hutch who first used a both hands and aimed to fire his pistol they are still inexperienced in land battles. Those combat veteran Marines on Iwo Jima and in Vietnam still took casualties from the enemy emerging from tunnels.

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Wow! I did not see that ending coming.

Jacob sure managed to do a number on the President's emotional issues. I thought maybe he'd be asking Curtis why he killed Rachel, but he (Jacob) was only out to get information to harm the President. I hope he gets brought up on some sort of charges, or at the very least be banned from the White House.

On the ship, I kind of suspected what Takahaya was up to. I didn't think that he'd put his wife and unborn child in that kind of danger, so I assumed he had knowledge of the mine field he led the ship into, and then later when the ship was being followed by those other ships, that the other ships would run right into the mine field and lose at least 1 of their other ships.

I'll be curious to see if they pursue the tidbit that Kyoko said when she was giving birth. She said something about "the mist". I'm thinking maybe the "mist" had something to do with making the cure not work, but we'll have to wait and see.

Sweet scene with Danny helping with the birth and holding the baby, and undoubtedly thinking about his own son and Kara.

Given the way the episode ended, I guess that means the President was NOT the mole (not that I ever thought he was).

Still unclear whether Allison is the (or one of) mole. Given scenes from upcoming episodes, I'm thinking she's not.

And we see the new President in the previews to next week. We never saw him before this, as far as I can remember. At least he seemed somewhat sympathetic to Michenor when speaking of his death.
                      Spoiler:

OK first off, how the heck did that reporter know WHAT prison a person was being held in who was supposedly Sentenced in a "SECRET military tribunal", let alone get in 'acting as a lawyer for said individual'.
                      If he's already been convicted, there's no reason FOR there to be a lawyer as unlike civilian trials which have appeals, there IS no appeal process for Military tribunals that i know of..
                      Secondly, how the heck did his 'credentials pass the security guards", let alone get in with the camera..? IMO once the potus saw that, he shoudl have been immediately arrested on the flipping spot!..

BUT damn, the potus is dead, all cause of said reporter douchebag.. Makes me wonder, does that reporter really Care about the "Truth", or is he on some power trip?

Loved how Takahya, seemed to not only mellow out, but actually seemed very regretful, especially to Slatery and helped out get them through the mine field..

Like you, i hope they follow that "The mist" angle. Perhaps that means the virus DIDN'T mutate, but someone created a new strain of it in a lab somewhere, distributed it via a mist, which is resistant to the cure as is..

Comment

Spoiler:

OK first off, how the heck did that reporter know WHAT prison a person was being held in who was supposedly Sentenced in a "SECRET military tribunal", let alone get in 'acting as a lawyer for said individual'.
                        If he's already been convicted, there's no reason FOR there to be a lawyer as unlike civilian trials which have appeals, there IS no appeal process for Military tribunals that i know of..
                        Secondly, how the heck did his 'credentials pass the security guards", let alone get in with the camera..? IMO once the potus saw that, he shoudl have been immediately arrested on the flipping spot!..

BUT damn, the potus is dead, all cause of said reporter douchebag.. Makes me wonder, does that reporter really Care about the "Truth", or is he on some power trip?

Loved how Takahya, seemed to not only mellow out, but actually seemed very regretful, especially to Slatery and helped out get them through the mine field..

Like you, i hope they follow that "The mist" angle. Perhaps that means the virus DIDN'T mutate, but someone created a new strain of it in a lab somewhere, distributed it via a mist, which is resistant to the cure as is..
                        Spoiler:
                        I thought the same thing when Jacob claimed to be Curtis' attorney. I hadn't thought about the angle of him being somewhere that Jacob should not have been able to find. And then bringing out his camera like that. How DID he get that past the guards?

I'm starting to think that Jacob is working for whoever is behind all the problems. He has been going out of his way to discredit Michenor, and I think Jacob should be arrested for the damage he's now caused. I actually thought that Jacob meant it when he said that Curtis should tell his "side" of the story, like why did he kill Rachel?

I kind of suspected that Takahaya knew what he was doing when taking them into that minefield. He wasn't trying to injure anyone. Why would he do that with his wife and new son on aboard. i'm looking forward to a future confrontation now with Peng.

Good points you made.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          I too think he might being played by whom ever wanted Michenor out of office, but i doubt they were going for him offing himself like that.

Comment

Wow interesting ep tonight...
                            Spoiler:
                            Seems i might have been wrong in saying the blond chick who was wooing Mitchner, was NOT having some sort of ulterior motive.. Especially after she seemed to stab Mitchner's policies in the back like that, AND got Foster almost blackballed like that.. I wonder if she MIGHT be the leak they have giving info to Pang.

And now they have found out what is causing the 'modified virus', Pang's plan seems to be to wipe all out in the zone and make china into a super power.. Here's hoping that they can unite the rest of the region to wipe Pang out!!!
                            Also loved the call back to last week's ep with the whole "Green mist"..

And i was surprised there was no one calling for that press dude to get black balled himself..

Though my fave scene was when Takahya finally learned WHY he and wifey-poo were sick.. He really looked humbled..

Comment

Wow interesting ep tonight...
                              Spoiler:
                              Seems i might have been wrong in saying the blond chick who was wooing Mitchner, was NOT having some sort of ulterior motive.. Especially after she seemed to stab Mitchner's policies in the back like that, AND got Foster almost blackballed like that.. I wonder if she MIGHT be the leak they have giving info to Pang.

And now they have found out what is causing the 'modified virus', Pang's plan seems to be to wipe all out in the zone and make china into a super power.. Here's hoping that they can unite the rest of the region to wipe Pang out!!!
                              Also loved the call back to last week's ep with the whole "Green mist"..

And i was surprised there was no one calling for that press dude to get black balled himself..

Though my fave scene was when Takahya finally learned WHY he and wifey-poo were sick.. He really looked humbled..
                              Spoiler:
                              yeah, that was a good scene with Takahya.

what I am wondering about is the communications break down, we all know there is some sort of jammer in the building, but the big question is where is it, is it in the communications room, or is it some where else, I think the guy who went to check it out finally figured it out just like Valkyrie, too bad they killed her off, she was a smart cookie and they need those to put the world back.

that green mist isn't the problem, the big question is, is there something that can counteract the mist that Pang used and how he found the flaw in the cure, that is what I am wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                yeah, that was a good scene with Takahya.

what I am wondering about is the communications break down, we all know there is some sort of jammer in the building, but the big question is where is it, is it in the communications room, or is it some where else, I think the guy who went to check it out finally figured it out just like Valkyrie, too bad they killed her off, she was a smart cookie and they need those to put the world back.

that green mist isn't the problem, the big question is, is there something that can counteract the mist that Pang used and how he found the flaw in the cure, that is what I am wondering.
                                Spoiler:
                                It does make you wonder how he synthesized some sort of blocker that could then get weaponized, SO damn soon after the cure came out.. Which makes you wonder, if maybe they had a hand in the Initial outbreak?!!

As for the jamming/Interference. I am wondering too, if that's because someone (like that nosey ass reporter), planted something. Or maybe Blondie did.

Comment

Working...
                                X