Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
    You're sitting in my spot...
    too bad it's my spot now because it's closest to the tv,doesnt have a draught, no sunlight glare and its the most comfortable
    sigpic
    The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by billyd797 View Post
      knock knock knock penny
      knock, knock, knock, Penny!

I have that on a T-shirt

Comment

I love the show, it's the only sitcom i watch.

that said, i do get tired of 'sheldon obsession'. I find it the funniest when all 5 characters get to play, not when 4 of them spend the whole 23 minutes catering to sheldon being a spoiled brat. at times he's almost a bully and I don't enjoy that much.

Fortunately they don't do it all that often, but i fear with each award jim parsons wins there is a larger and larger push to 'sheldonify' the show

Overall, what i find so funny about the show is that i know people like that. And we've done things like they do..for example being in the same physical AND virtual room at the same time
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          I love the show, it's the only sitcom i watch.

that said, i do get tired of 'sheldon obsession'. I find it the funniest when all 5 characters get to play, not when 4 of them spend the whole 23 minutes catering to sheldon being a spoiled brat. at times he's almost a bully and I don't enjoy that much.

Fortunately they don't do it all that often, but i fear with each award jim parsons wins there is a larger and larger push to 'sheldonify' the show

Overall, what i find so funny about the show is that i know people like that. And we've done things like they do..for example being in the same physical AND virtual room at the same time
          I feel that is already happened. I look at this season and see how many episodes have been about Sheldon or his girlfriend and how little are about the rest of cast. Its not an even comparassion
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I know. I hope it stops, but I don't have much faith in that. There are some episodes that have honestly been enjoyable and funny and laugh out loud...but I have a short tolerance for 'let's humiliate so and so for a laugh'

without the other four, big bang would be nothing more than a show about a neurotic self centered control freak bullying anyone around him in his spoiled brat attempt to have the whole world kiss his butt.

the enjoyment and humor comes not from sheldon's tantrums, but from the others punking him and taking the you know what out of his temper tantrums. The humor is the others dealing with him, not his neurosis
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              I know. I hope it stops, but I don't have much faith in that. There are some episodes that have honestly been enjoyable and funny and laugh out loud...but I have a short tolerance for 'let's humiliate so and so for a laugh'

without the other four, big bang would be nothing more than a show about a neurotic self centered control freak bullying anyone around him in his spoiled brat attempt to have the whole world kiss his butt.

the enjoyment and humor comes not from sheldon's tantrums, but from the others punking him and taking the you know what out of his temper tantrums. The humor is the others dealing with him, not his neurosis
              hmm i disagree i find sheldons eccentric behaviour very funny and i dont think he is a bully but i do agree that the rest of the cast are great and i personally would love howard to break up with bernadette so he and raaj can go back to being how they used to be.
              sigpic

Comment

I personally wish they would find a way for Raj to talk to girls with out being drunk it is getting old he needs some love too
                sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

yay for big bang theory getting it's three season renewal and im really happy jim parsons got a golden globe he deserved it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
                    yay for big bang theory getting it's three season renewal and im really happy jim parsons got a golden globe he deserved it.
                    Its easy to get a Golden Globe when the show focuses on your character and starts to neglect the others
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Its easy to get a Golden Globe when the show focuses on your character and starts to neglect the others
                      no offence jelgate but why are you turning a good thing for the actor and the show aswell into a chance to complain AGAIN about sheldon being overused.
                      sigpic

Comment

no offence jelgate but why are you turning a good thing for the actor and the show aswell into a chance to complain AGAIN about sheldon being overused.
                        Because I can. And I because I feel these awards will just lead to more overuse of a character. Maybe in the real world he deserves it but that doesn't change the problem I have in the show's writing.
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Because I can. And I because I feel these awards will just lead to more overuse of a character. Maybe in the real world he deserves it but that doesn't change the problem I have in the show's writing.
                          fair enough if thats your opinion but i reckon now he has won some big awards the rest of the cast will get some nominations next time.
                          sigpic

Comment

fair enough if thats your opinion but i reckon now he has won some big awards the rest of the cast will get some nominations next time.
                            I could care less about awards. Seldom do they reflect the quality of something. Its usually more of who you know.
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

I so want Leonard and Penny to get back together
                              sigpic
                              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                                I so want Leonard and Penny to get back together
                                i hope if they do get back together this season then it's for good rather than keep breaking them up.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X