No announcement yet.

Criminal Minds TV Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it's trafficking and wrong, but in some parts of the world 'selling off your extra daughters' isn't viewed as horribly as it is in other parts of the world.

I think that's what they mean by subculture. In some parts of the world selling off extra girls is accepted, if not officially, then socially. It's hard to fight something like that when it's not seen as 'wrong'. (Kinda like those cultures that marry off their daughters at 4 years old, or the older Alaskan native culture where the older members of the tribe - once they felt they were a burden - would walk out into the ice and let themselves die...ritual suicide was normal.)

It's like trying to stop poppy farmers when that's how whole families make their livings, growing the poppies that become drugs.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      Yes it's trafficking and wrong, but in some parts of the world 'selling off your extra daughters' isn't viewed as horribly as it is in other parts of the world.

I think that's what they mean by subculture. In some parts of the world selling off extra girls is accepted, if not officially, then socially. It's hard to fight something like that when it's not seen as 'wrong'. (Kinda like those cultures that marry off their daughters at 4 years old, or the older Alaskan native culture where the older members of the tribe - once they felt they were a burden - would walk out into the ice and let themselves die...ritual suicide was normal.)

It's like trying to stop poppy farmers when that's how whole families make their livings, growing the poppies that become drugs.

Yes I get all your points but we should try to stop it.
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I don't disagree with you. But I was just saying, that's what they mean by subculture. Something the rest of the world finds abhorrent or disagreeable but the 'locals' find acceptable.

Binding the feet of high born Chinese women
        Polygamy
        child marriages
        narcotic growing
        ritual suicide

and the list goes on
        Because it's part of a culture, change comes slow and has to come from within. The people involved need to decide to change their way of life, not have it changed for them. You get the majority to voluntarily change, then the last holdouts can either give into peer pressure to change, or the majority makes laws that force the last holdouts to change.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I don't disagree with you. But I was just saying, that's what they mean by subculture. Something the rest of the world finds abhorrent or disagreeable but the 'locals' find acceptable.

Binding the feet of high born Chinese women
          Polygamy
          child marriages
          narcotic growing
          ritual suicide

and the list goes on
          Because it's part of a culture, change comes slow and has to come from within. The people involved need to decide to change their way of life, not have it changed for them. You get the majority to voluntarily change, then the last holdouts can either give into peer pressure to change, or the majority makes laws that force the last holdouts to change.

That's true..

This week we get the plane crash episode.

Was there a fighter jet involved too?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            That's true..

This week we get the plane crash episode.

Was there a fighter jet involved too?
            Spoilered for the spoiler averse.
            Spoiler:
            Nope.
            No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
            It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
              Spoilered for the spoiler averse.
              Spoiler:
              Nope.

OK because in the ads they keep showing us a heads up display from inside the cockpit of a fighter plane.

Comment

Exactly. And since it has to be from within it will take quite a long time for it to come.

Comment

Well, tonights episode was almost a snoozer. One of their poorer episodes in recent memory.

Comment

I agree, the writing is in something of a slump but they are trying to avoid becoming repetitive.

Spoiler:
                    There is still a storyline involving Kate's (JLH) niece/adoptive daughter and the online predator stalking the girl.

Comment

There is another new show we got about stalkers that reminded me a lot of Criminal Minds. How good is that show?

Comment

There is another new show we got about stalkers that reminded me a lot of Criminal Minds. How good is that show?
                        Stalker with Maggie Q and i think Dermot Mulraney? Brilliant show. You should definitely watch it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                          Stalker with Maggie Q and i think Dermot Mulraney? Brilliant show. You should definitely watch it.
                          I think that's the one I watched only here it was called "To catch a stalker" the first episode ended with the stalker dude finding her house and looking through the window on the side of the street. I think it's the same show you mentioned.

She should have hospitalized that dude.

Comment

I think that's the one I watched only here it was called "To catch a stalker" the first episode ended with the stalker dude finding her house and looking through the window on the side of the street. I think it's the same show you mentioned.

She should have hospitalized that dude.
                            Yeah that's sounds familiar.
                            sigpic

Comment

Spoilers for the S10 finale
                              Spoiler:
                              Looks they are getting a new agent next season if they are renewed.

Jennifer Love Hewitt's Agent Kate Callahan has left the BAU for two reasons, 1) to reconnect with her niece/adoptive daughter and 2) extended maternity leave for the new baby.

This episode closes a thread left dangling from the first episode of the season. We learn all about that auction site and that Kate on her own time continued looking into it. She got very close so the trafficker kidnapped her niece in revenge.

JLH is also expecting her second baby and is leaving the show for that reason as well. During the episode JJ had brought out saltines to help Kate with morning sickness. At the end of the case JJ started eating the saltines herself and was caught by Reid who had correctly surmised that JJ is also pregnant. Actor AJ Cook who plays JJ also announced a few weeks ago her own second pregnancy.

Comment

I am really hating these sorts of "Season finales" where the always seem to show up "Just in the nick of time and save the person".
                                Just for once i would love to see them show up too late to stop it.

Comment

Working...
                                X