Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

24 Discussion and Appreciation Thread (Spoilers for all seasons up to now)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow that was a great episode. Loved the fake nuke by Palmer, that was brilliant.Jack going rambo was something else!
    sigpic
    Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Well, that certainly made up for the past couple of weeks.

This one certainly saved Day 6 - because, quite frankly, the past two episodes haven't been to the typical level of quality we're used to seeing. Finally, we step away from the likes of the White House, Palmer, Milo, and Nadia. Those stories were just gap fillers, IMO.

The episode is a credit to Jack, it really is. He's not had so much screentime these past few episodes, which is a shame, but he's back in full capacity. The end-shootout was superb - taking on six or seven men, all armed with automatic weapons. Jack really makes it look easy.

Fayed's death, surely, has to be one of the best from all seasons. Beats any other, and so does the shootout. It was great to see Mike's reaction to it. Somehow, I don't think he'll want to stand in Jack's path. Not now.

Unfortunately, we've still got Wayne's storyline just plodding along. It's getting tiring now. I certainly don't like him as President, VP Daniels is much more suited. Wayne's story is getting to the point beyond belief, and I seriously want him out or office, or, ahem, by other means. Tom Lennox, though, seems to be shaping up to be a much better character.

It's a race to save Audrey. It will be interesting to see just how this story is handled and if it will be the final turn, and plot, for season six.

Brilliant episode - the best of season six so far.
      __

__

Comment

I kind of have a stuipd question being new to the show and all, but who audrey
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mckaychick View Post
          Audrey was Jack's girlfriend before he got snatched off to China. She's the daughter of the Secretary of...uh...Defense, I think (Is that right? I can't remember William Devane's title) under the previous administration. Apparently she went looking for Jack while he was in China to try to get him out but was captured by the Chinese herself. They had faked her death, so Jack was surprised to hear from her on the phone.

Comment

ok thank you. I have only seen s.1 and s.6 episodes at the moment and did not meet her yeat
            sigpic

Comment

Finally this sub par season is back on track. Last nights ep kicked a**. I even liked the stuff in the bunker.

I can deal with Audry being back if it means the show will actually involve Jack now. It was getting to the point that he was a secondary character. Anything to make him the focus again can’t be all that bad. I only watch this show for him and not those other dweebs.

Originally posted by mckaychick
              Like Callista said, she is his girlfriend. She came to the show at the start of season 4 as his girlfriend because Jack was working for her father at the Dept. of Defense. Of course she has to be put in peril and Jack has to save her.....

Season 4 spoilers...don't read if you don't want more detail.
              Spoiler:
              Terrorist kidnap her and her father and Jack has to save them. Later Jack ends up torturing Audry's husband, Paul (technically she was still married but separated) who they thought was working with the bad guys, but he wasn't. Paul then takes a bullet for Jack. Jack does his little raid on the Chinese embassy and some guy they were after there gets shot. They take him back to CTU and Jack essentially kills Paul by forcing the docs to operate on this guy instead of Paul. Obviously she got over that little detail. Jack then fakes his death because the Chinese wanted him and that's where season 4 ends.

Season 5
              Spoiler:
              Audry comes back in season 5 though she thinks Jack is dead. Umm, it's been a while since I saw this one but she's in it, gets in peril again, Jack saves her, Jack gets kidnapped by the Chinese at the very end of the season leading us to where we are now.

Hope that helps.
              IMO always implied.

Comment

OH MY!!!! That show last night kicked major a**. Jack's back baby!

I knew as soon as ABC pulled the plug on "The Nine" that Audrey would somehow be miraculously heard from again.

Question....should Jack register his teeth as a weapon of mass destruction? He's really into biting this season. LOVED the ending with Fayed and Jack going at it. I was freaking out when Jack was under that truck though. I kept hoping they'd come to a stop soon.

Is Shanks on next week? It's all good!

IHS
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                  Finally this sub par season is back on track. Last nights ep kicked a**. I even liked the stuff in the bunker.

I can deal with Audry being back if it means the show will actually involve Jack now. It was getting to the point that he was a secondary character. Anything to make him the focus again can’t be all that bad. I only watch this show for him and not those other dweebs.

Like Callista said, she is his girlfriend. She came to the show at the start of season 4 as his girlfriend because Jack was working for her father at the Dept. of Defense. Of course she has to be put in peril and Jack has to save her.....

Season 4 spoilers...don't read if you don't want more detail.
                  Spoiler:
                  Terrorist kidnap her and her father and Jack has to save them. Later Jack ends up torturing Audry's husband, Paul (technically she was still married but separated) who they thought was working with the bad guys, but he wasn't. Paul then takes a bullet for Jack. Jack does his little raid on the Chinese embassy and some guy they were after there gets shot. They take him back to CTU and Jack essentially kills Paul by forcing the docs to operate on this guy instead of Paul. Obviously she got over that little detail. Jack then fakes his death because the Chinese wanted him and that's where season 4 ends.

Season 5
                  Spoiler:
                  Audry comes back in season 5 though she thinks Jack is dead. Umm, it's been a while since I saw this one but she's in it, gets in peril again, Jack saves her, Jack gets kidnapped by the Chinese at the very end of the season leading us to where we are now.

Hope that helps.
                  thank you that does help alot. As i was reading that i think i may have seen one or 2 of those episodes but i guess it was before all that happened. Thx
                  sigpic

Comment

seems i was right there is a chinese connection but how are they involved in all of this remember the chinese guy with the mp3 detonator on that bus at the beginning i think maybe the chinese are manipulating the whole thing now we know palmer wasnt crazy that decoy idea was quite clever think theyll ever tell us assads country? im thinking maybe saudi arabia- the country is on speaking terms with america that eliminates a few, not an american puppet government eliminates 2 more, wouldnt be oman either and saudi arabia do have a terrible human rights record like palmer said

Comment

They all have terrible human rights records. My guess Syria. Why not...the president is Bashar Assad.

Well a Chinese scientist was involved with the nuke in season 4 (he provided Marwan info. on nuclear warheads). That's what got Jack in trouble with the Chinese in the first place. So how convenient if the Chinese government is more involved this time around....

Just how many "puppet" governments are we supposed to be in control of in the ME? Obviously I get your one reference but the second? I can never remember. We have so many "puppet" governments I always loose track of which ones are ours.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

What about the bloke at the beginning of season six on the bus that blew up? That bomber was Chinese. I wouldn't be surprised to learn if China were behind the events of day six, and were using other nations as a cover.
                        __

__

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                          They all have terrible human rights records. My guess Syria. Why not...the president is Bashar Assad.

Well a Chinese scientist was involved with the nuke in season 4 (he provided Marwan info. on nuclear warheads). That's what got Jack in trouble with the Chinese in the first place. So how convenient if the Chinese government is more involved this time around....

Just how many "puppet" governments are we supposed to be in control of in the ME? Obviously I get your one reference but the second? I can never remember. We have so many "puppet" governments I always loose track of which ones are ours.
                          i was referring to iraq and afghanistan of course theres isreal as well but i didnt mention them because why would they be involved in islamic terrorism seeing as theyre the main target of it

syria is probably a good guess theyre not outright hostile to america but not exactly their biggest fans, saudi arabia while they are probably the worst of the lot theyre apparantly allies of our countries so maybe not

Comment

The Saudi government would have very little to gain and everything to loose if they outright knowingly condoned and/or assisted with such a scenario. And neither would the Chinese. They are one of if not the US’s largest trading partner.

Iran is the obvious country followed by its best bud and partner in crime, Syria.

But of course this is all fictional tv…..
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

Oh yes! With 7 hours to go, we move into primo 24 excellentee!!!

Previously on 24:

Fayed: Dead
                              Gredanko: Dead
                              Audrey: Not dead!
                              Nukes: Jack's got em!
                              Show's over, right? WRONG!!!

Tonight:

OK, so Wayne who was previously in a coma is now in surprisingly good spirits. He's moved back to the oval office which must be about 5 floors above the bunker as he was just in the bunker a couple of minutes ago. He's walking around....looking at a picture of his brother....one must ask: "Is he thinking about changing his car insurance to All-State?" (because that's what I think whenever I see a picture of David Palmer)

Jack is talking to Audrey. Audrey seems very disturbed because the Chinese guy holding her hostage obviously has no understanding of the Western rules of personal space. What is he doing? He's leaning right in there during her conversation with Jack.....Geez! He's so close his head is in both the little box focusing on him and the little box focusing on Audrey.

You'd think Chloe would look at her caller I.D. before answering the phone. DON'T ANSWER THE PHONE WHEN THE NUKES HAVE BEEN RECOVERED BUT JACK IS CALLING!!!! HE CAN ONLY WANT SOMETHING THAT'S GOING TO GET YOU INTO TROUBLE, CHLOE!!!

All right, so she answered the phone and now she has to help Jack because we all know that Jack and Chloe are meant to be together....someday....if it doesn't turn out that she's been the head bad guy all along which I think would be really cool!!!!....

Morris: "Hey. Someone hacked into my system."
                              Chloe: "Er....Um...."
                              Morris: "I'm going to go tell Bill because suddenly I've turned into Milo."
                              Chloe: "No!!!! OK, it was me."
                              Morris: "Well, darling, I'm going to rat you out."
                              Chloe: "Why don't you go metabolize some alcohol you rotten shoe-selling, Red Bull drinking, drill-screaming wuss!!!!"
                              Morris: "...."
                              Chloe: "I'll go tell him."
                              Milo: "Hey, I'm hardly in this episode at all! What gives?"

Jack convinces the guards to let him near the nukes by showing them his bloody teeth that still have that other guy's jugular stuck between his incisors. (He hasn't had much time to floss today.) Meanwhile, Morris talked Chloe into squealing to Bill so Bill called Ricky Schroder and told him to make sure the guards hit Jack in the face with their guns.

Jack talks President Boring into letting him hand over info to the Chinese that the Russians will not be happy about. Jack finally pulls the "You owe me card". Wayne, being both boring and recently comatose says: "Yeah. All right."

Vice President Botox is ready to hand in his resignation even though he just told President Boring he absolutely would not hand in his resignation. PB told VPB that Numb3rs guy has a tape of VPB conspiring with Invasion girl. Callista now thinks Numb3rs guy's days are numb3red and is really hoping that MS is going to be the guy to do it!!!

PB gives press conference even though he was recently in a coma and it is about 2:40am Washington, D.C. time. PB starts acting erratically...even calling some reporter girl named Robin by the name of Andrea. He starts blinking funny and stammering and then WHAM-O!!! He's down for the count!! YES!!!! President Boring is outa here!!!! VPB slyly puts resignation letter into his pocket.

VPB finds out about Jack's deal with PB and puts the kibosh on it. (Does anyone else think that VPB may be showing a little more Presidential aptitude than PB at this point?) Bill calls Ricky Schroder to tell him to take Jack back into custody. Jack, of course, is well schooled in talking to people on the phone while trying to not let people in the car realize what is going on in the phone conversation and so pulls his gun on Ricky Schroder. Ricky Schroder is extremely lucky to get away with just having to get out of the car. The ghost of Curtis can be heard in the background saying: "Hey! When you forced me out of the car to steal it and do something illegal you conked me on the head!!! What gives?"

Luckily, it turns out that the Chinese have been holding Audrey in Los Angeles (and could there be any worse torture than that!?!) so it will not take Jack the remaining 6 hours of the day to get to her. Most likely it will only take about 15 minutes because there is never any traffic in L.A.

Next week:

Lots of shooting and stuff!!! Cool!!!
                              Last edited by Callista; 16 April 2007, 09:48 PM.

Comment

LOL! Great summary as usual.

Originally posted by Callista
                                OK, so Wayne who was previously in a coma is now in surprisingly good spirits. He's moved back to the oval office which must be about 5 floors above the bunker as he was just in the bunker a couple of minutes ago. He's walking around....looking at a picture of his brother....one must ask: "Is he thinking about changing his car insurance to All-State?" (because that's what I think whenever I see a picture of David Palmer)
                                What? You don't already insure your vehicle with President Allstate? I do.

Hmm, no Michael Shanks in this ep. I forgot to read the credits so I kept waiting to see if he'd appear or not. I guess it's next week he's supposed to be on. And yeah I have a feeling he'll be involved in some peoples' disappearances cause there really isn't that much left with the D.C. storyline other than to knock of people standing in VP Botox's way.

Well, couldn't have a season of 24 without CTU having to hunt down and capture Jack rather than going after the actual bad guys. The streak is safe.
                                IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                                X