Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

24 Discussion and Appreciation Thread (Spoilers for all seasons up to now)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
    Last season he kept threatening to lock her away in an institution if she didn't keep her mouth shut....and here she is in an "institution" this season anyway albeit much nicer than what Logan probably had in mind.
    I know! When she was mocking his idea of a prison I was thinking "Hey, if this bungalow with tennis courts is an institution, then his ranch counts as a prison."
    They kept advertising that this episode would have the "most shocking moment in 24 history" or something like that. I'm sorry, but it doesn't even make the top 5 in my book. I'm thinking of when:

(I guess I'll put these in spoilers, since they're the biggest shocks I can think of from previous seasons....plus one from this season)
    Spoiler:
    David Palmer bought it and when Jack shot Robo-cop's wife in the leg and when it turned out Nina really was the bad guy and when Jack bit the guy's throat out, and when Kim died horribly (OK, so that didn't happen....but when it does, I'm going to be SHOCKED!).

Yeah. I was hoping for a little more Jack this ep but they just pushed all the action into like the last 10 minutes.
    BTW, I was making myself some strawberries and cream when Jack was escaping from his guard and I think I missed something. Why does Jack keep wincing like that? Did he get kicked in the ribs or something? Is his lung going to be slowly collapsing for the rest of the season?

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
      They kept advertising that this episode would have the "most shocking moment in 24 history" or something like that. I'm sorry, but it doesn't even make the top 5 in my book. I'm thinking of when:

(I guess I'll put these in spoilers, since they're the biggest shocks I can think of from previous seasons....plus one from this season)
      Spoiler:
      David Palmer bought it and when Jack shot Robo-cop's wife in the leg and when it turned out Nina really was the bad guy and when Jack bit the guy's throat out, and when Kim died horribly (OK, so that didn't happen....but when it does, I'm going to be SHOCKED!).
      Yeah I had already figured out the "shocking" moment based on all the commercials this week.

And I still wouldn't classify it as shocking....

LOL! I'd definitely be shocked if Kim ever bought it considering that is something they will never do. I think they'd kill Jack before her.

BTW, I was making myself some strawberries and cream when Jack was escaping from his guard and I think I missed something. Why does Jack keep wincing like that? Did he get kicked in the ribs or something? Is his lung going to be slowly collapsing for the rest of the season?
      You missed that guy shoving him down a flight of stairs. I'm guessing he broke a rib.

And for next week...
      Spoiler:
      Yay!! We get to play uncover the CTU mole. Yes! I can't wait! Do we want to take bets on who it is?
      Last edited by LoneStar1836; 14 March 2007, 10:05 AM. Reason: fix quote tags
      IMO always implied.

Comment

You missed that guy shoving him down a flight of stairs. I'm guessing he broke a rib.

And for next week...
        Spoiler:
        Yay!! We get to play uncover the CTU mole. Yes! I can't wait! Do we want to take bets on who it is?
        OK, I saw that out of the corner of my eye, but I didn't realize he got hurt from it.

And,
        Spoiler:
        I think it would be soooooo great if it turned out Chloe was a bad guy this whole time!
        I don't suppose that would happen, but it would be a lot of fun.

Comment

I was looking around on Fox's 24 site and it got me to remembering the tender beginnings of this season (cue Barbra Streisand singing "Memories"):

Remember when Jack couldn't talk very well because he hadn't spoken for over a year?

Remember when Jack got stabbed in the shoulder?

Remember when Morris was all care-free and flirty with Chloe?

Remember the roof helicopter?

Remember when Jack was all soft and gooey and couldn't stomach torture anymore?

Remember when Jack killed Curtis (he's officially dead, btw it says "Deceased" on his bio page) because he was going to kill that Assad guy because of some personal grudge that seemed rather ill-put-together by the writers of 24?

Remember when Morris could control all the shoe satellites over Southern California?

Remember when Karen and Bill were making little love noises at each-other over the phone?

Remember when Sandra and Walid stopped being on?

Ahhhh, the good old hours.

(Bring on MS!!!! I'm ready for more excitement!!)

Comment

Ah! I wasn't home last night and so I missed the show. Doesn't look like I missed too much. Did you say Jack got whumped though? (or should I say....whumped AGAIN, this time by stairs)

I miss Siddig! I wish he hadn't bought the farm. Should be interesting to see what they have Shanks-alicious doing.

What did Rick Schroder do? Anything yet?

IHS
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
              What did Rick Schroder do? Anything yet?

IHS
              He yelled at people and had a little snippy fight with Milo and told all the people at CTU that he didn't want them to "give him any lip" and then he led the team that was assaulting the embassy. (You could tell it was him because he was the only one not wearing a helmet.)

Comment

Ooo that'd be cruel.
                He was evil all last season and she had nothing to do with it. Because of last season Martha is even more wacko now. Heh. Last season he kept threatening to lock her away in an institution if she didn't keep her mouth shut....and here she is in an "institution" this season anyway albeit much nicer than what Logan probably had in mind.
                I'm really going to have to watch S5 at some point. I saw bits of it but not enough to know what was going on. They must have been the most dysfunctional first couple since ,,,er,,,the Palmers.

And yeah, I thought the "shocking" moment in this episode wasn't much of a shock. You could see that coming a mile away.

Originally posted by Callista
                He yelled at people and had a little snippy fight with Milo and told all the people at CTU that he didn't want them to "give him any lip" and then he led the team that was assaulting the embassy. (You could tell it was him because he was the only one not wearing a helmet.)
                So that *was* Ricky Schroeder! I thought so. It's fun to see everyone pop up on this show - even if they don't last long.
                Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Just been reading about MS signing up to be on 24. I think it'll be really good, and interesting.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Hmmmm. Very interesting developments tonight.

Can it be? Is it really true?
                    Spoiler:
                    IS AUDREY REALLY DEAD?

Please, please, please, let it be so!! (I am suspicious given the circumstances and I must say if they are messing with me and it isn't true, I'm going to be rather miffed.)

Also, I think they should have gotten a scarier looking drone. Maybe painted some flames or shark teeth on it or something, because it is kind of hard to feel suspense when Jack (even if he does have floating rib fragments) is flying a cute little remote control airplane even if it is spewing radioactive goo all over the Bay Area. It's a good thing the Chinese put that video game in his cell so he could practice up on his joy-stick skills.

What was with that grenade that rolled across the floor? Is it ever going to go off? I was really hoping Ricky Schroder would throw his body over it to save everyone, but it appears they're only going to give me just so much joy in one night. (see spoiler above)

And, back at the bunker:

Karen: "Doctor. Is it possible to wake up President Boring?"
                    Doctor: "I wouldn't recommend it. We'd have to bring his sister back onto the show and we all know how interesting she is."
                    Karen: "I know, but if we do it he might die in the very next episode, right?"
                    Doctor: "Yes. That is a distinct possibility."
                    Karen: "Its worth it. Wake him up!!"
                    Doctor: "Aren't you going to stick around for the death scene?"
                    Karen: "No. I have a little matter to discuss with Tom.......tripped over my ineptitude my $#@%#@!!!!!"

Comment

I just can't believe how bad they are writing the VP. He is so two dimensional it is ridiculous. Even when the attack is thwarted he still says drop nukes on Arab countries. Unless this guy is topped soon he will bring an end to the human race.

Comment

Hmmmm. Very interesting developments tonight.

Can it be? Is it really true?
                        Spoiler:
                        IS AUDREY REALLY DEAD?

Please, please, please, let it be so!! (I am suspicious given the circumstances and I must say if they are messing with me and it isn't true, I'm going to be rather miffed.)
                        Spoiler:
                        While I've always dreamed of this day, they go and make me actually feel sad about it rather than cheery.

That's pitiful that she was the only one who cared enough about Jack to actually do anything to find him. So if she really is dead, her character is redeemed for me. Though I have a feeling she might not be dead...possible plot for next season????

What was with that grenade that rolled across the floor? Is it ever going to go off? I was really hoping Ricky Schroder would throw his body over it to save everyone, but it appears they're only going to give me just so much joy in one night. (see spoiler above)
                        We're not that lucky. He didn't pull the pin.....

As far as "spot the mole"....Nadia is so obviously not the mole so I'm leaning towards maybe Milo but even that is too obvious so maybe someone else we haven't seen yet.

Ugh, all the people in that bunker need to die (as well as the writers who write that horrid dialogue). Jack should have flown that drone to D.C. though San Fran is on my wish list as well....but dang so close.... We go from President Do-nothing-after-a-nuke-goes-off Boring to President Shoot-a-nuke-over-their-bow-to-let-them-know-we're-serious Overkill.

I'd have rather watched 10 minutes of some medical person at CTU slowly wrap up Jack's crunchy ribs than listen to that crap. There wasn't enough Jack in this ep.

Best quote of the night: Morris: "Got to love this place."
                        Last edited by LoneStar1836; 20 March 2007, 06:49 AM.
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

I still miss Edgar.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                            I still miss Edgar.
                            I miss Nina and Sherry Palmer. Now those two ladies were some really good bad guys!

Is there a lot less Jack this season, or is it just that they've killed off all the good secondary characters (Tony, Michelle, Nina, Curtis, David and Sherry Palmer) and so we feel his absence more?

I wonder if MS will be the person who replaces the mole? Like you, Lonestar, I can't picture Nadia, Milo, Morris or Chloe being the mole....but they're the only people we know there (I guess you could throw Bill into the mix as well) and it would be lame if the mole turns out to be someone we don't even know. I still think that when they end the show it should turn out that Chloe has been the mole all along in every season and then she kills Jack and runs off to some tropical island with a bankload of money.

Comment

I miss Nina and Sherry Palmer. Now those two ladies were some really good bad guys!
                              Definitely.

Is there a lot less Jack this season, or is it just that they've killed off all the good secondary characters (Tony, Michelle, Nina, Curtis, David and Sherry Palmer) and so we feel his absence more?
                              I don't know. Seems like there is less of him, but it probably is because the secondary story lines and people suck so much that their storylines seem to drag on forever and take up most of the show.

I wonder if MS will be the person who replaces the mole? Like you, Lonestar, I can't picture Nadia, Milo, Morris or Chloe being the mole....but they're the only people we know there (I guess you could throw Bill into the mix as well) and it would be lame if the mole turns out to be someone we don't even know. I still think that when they end the show it should turn out that Chloe has been the mole all along in every season and then she kills Jack and runs off to some tropical island with a bankload of money.
                              LOL! Chloe, that evil *****!
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

I hope next weeks episode is better or I'm just going to get bored with 24 as I did with BSG.

Comment

Working...
                                X