Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

24 Discussion and Appreciation Thread (Spoilers for all seasons up to now)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Callista View Post
    Either that or Wayne's going to reach up and peel his face off and really turn out to be Invasion girl. (Powers Booth is much too bulky to pretend to be Wayne.)
    A la Scooby Doo....."And I would have gotten away with it if it hadn't been for you stupid meddleing Jack Bauer and your cell phone!"

Comment

Great recap, Callista for an episode that sucked! (except for like the 10 minutes Jack was on. That face kick was the highlight!)

Can we stick to gun battles and torture because that bunker crap is torturing me....
      IMO always implied.

Comment

I really enjoyed the last episode. Although, there are still 8 more hours to go with Fayed captured and Gradenko unconscious, bleeding to death, and face down in the water as the tide comes in, it would seem the only bad guy at large is Philip Baur. Looks like we might actually get to see what his motives are, which I was worried would be something left until a later season.

Doyle is creepy. I truly hope Jack gets a reason to torture and kill him soon.

Comment

Not enough Jack in this one for me.

Those people in the bunker are going bonkers! But then again, so is President Palmer.

Next week.......
          Spoiler:
          Jack gets shot!

Callista.....once again, 2 thumbs up!!!

IHS
          sigpic

Comment

I thought the episode was pretty good myself. It could have used alittle more jack in it tho. Next week looks very good
            sigpic
            Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Sunday's episode was pretty good. i feel sorry for jack, there never seems to be some quiet time, with no problems or people trying to kill him. chloe makes me laugh, she's one of my fav characters on the show.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

i gtg a question, i just started watching 24 and just got the 1st season on dvd. Who was that nina person?
                sigpic
                Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by mckaychick View Post
                  i gtg a question, i just started watching 24 and just got the 1st season on dvd. Who was that nina person?
                  She's veeeery important. I'm not going to tell you anything more, though, because you don't want to be spoiled. Trust me. (And enjoy! I loved the first season!)

Comment

Originally posted by mckaychick View Post
                    She's veeeery important. I'm not going to tell you anything more, though, because you don't want to be spoiled. Trust me. (And enjoy! I loved the first season!)
                    Evil person that Nina is... hehehehe!!!!
                    There is a reason why I do certain stuff... and that is just 30 % of the time. The rest.. I just wing it.

Comment

OMG.....Nina!!!

IHS
                      sigpic

Comment

I only just got round to watching this weeks episode, and for the fair part, it was quite good. I can't see why some people are compaining about the VP's role this season, I mean, sure, no matter what Vice President is on 24, they always seem to have alternate motives, but I think the part is portrayed well.

Wayne Palmer's recovery was somewhat.. speedy. An hour ago he was only waking up, now he's in his suit, reclaiming his role as President.
                        Did I miss something? Sandra Palmer, the annoying sister, somehow has really worked herself up the ranks in a day. Now she's acting like his advisor? Surely that's a bit too far-fetched.

As for Fayed, well, I'm expecting to see Jack torture him to no end. It's pretty obvious Fayed won't give anything up, I think, just because the character is pretty ruthless. Still, it will be great to see Jack torture him, 'cause he undoubtedly will.
                        __

__

Comment

I'm ashamed to say it a bit, but I just started watching 24 hardcore this season and I have really started to get hooked to it.

My favorite character happens to be Milo (Eric B.) but that's mostly because I've always been a fan of his in other tv shows.

Add to the fact that other great actors are on the show, JR Bourne (SG-1), Rick Schroder, Kiefer of hours. Including Michael Shanks coming on the show next season at some point
                          Actor
                          [/URL]Stargate Worlds Community Website

Comment

Aaarrgh!! I missed the first half!

I tuned in just in time to see Nadia translating between Fayed (how'd he get away, anyway?!?) and some General guy. I thought it was very gallant of them to pause in their speaking so that Nadia could say in English what they were saying in...um...Arabic? (Is that what you call that language? I'm afraid my Hoosier un-worldliness is showing.)

Wayne appears to be very tired and/or stoned. I can tell that Tom really wants to put a band-aid over those stitches.....oh wait....that's me. (I was traumatized by stitches when I was five...don't ask.) So, was Wayne bluffing with the nuking "Fayed's country" in order to get the ambassador to cooperate or something? Or did they just forget about that?

Then Jack and Ricky Schroder tailed Fayed into a tunnel. Luckily, there was no traffic AT ALL in Los Angeles at 10:30 at night, so we didn't have to worry about any innocent bystanders who might be bystanding in the tunnel. CTU really needs to work on some sort of communication/tracking device that works in tunnels. Is it me, or do they seem to run into THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM with tunnels every year!?!? Maybe they could put some cameras in the tunnels or something. Surely the federal government would pitch in on something like that seeing as how L.A. is under terrorist attack for at least one day out of every couple of years.

Jack told Ricky Schroder to stay in the tunnel and make sure that any back-up agents stayed as far away from the action as possible. Then, he followed Fayed through a strategically placed door that magically led into a whole warehouse or sewer or something complete with a garbage truck. Who knew all that stuff was behind tunnel doors? I always thought they just led to stairs to the outside or something like that. Jack then crawled under the trash truck and stuck his face dangerously near an axle rotating at horribly dangerous speeds in order to increase the suspense. AND IT WORKED!! I think he dropped his little communication device or something, because when he got to the place where the two remaining nukes were, he failed to call for back-up. Fayed then threatened to nuke downtown L.A. The fallout from the silicone alone would have caused a calamity of global proportions, so Jack decided to take on all four or five guys himself. Bang! Bang! Bang! (possible other Bang!....I'd make a lousy witness...I'm not sure how many guys he shot) Then we got some serious hand-to-hand-to-wrench-to-JACK'S TEETH-to-pipe-to-chain combat which ended in Jack wrapping the chain around Fayed's neck and hanging him in a slow and agonizing way. Ricky Schroder showed up just in time to do...well...nothing. Jack's floating rib fragments seem to be causing him some minor discomfort.

The nukes have been recovered! It's 10:57 pm! What could they possibly do for another 7 hours, you may ask. AHA!! The phone rings! Hmmm. Who could it be? Come on, say it with me....AUDREY!!!!!! She's not dead! (Dang it! I knew they were going to bring her back! Why couldn't the Chinese have reanimated Sherry Palmer? Ah well. At least it's not Kim.)

So....

Next week:
                            Wayne: Still stoned
                            Audrey: In China
                            Jack: Stealing nukes for China
                            Ricky Schroder: Aiming gun at Jack (seriously. After what he's just seen, do you think he'd do that?)
                            Bonus: I think MS is on next week.

Overall rating of last half of episode: **** BRAVO!!! NOW WE'RE GETTING SOMEWHERE!!!

Comment

Aaarrgh!! I missed the first half!

I tuned in just in time to see Nadia translating between Fayed (how'd he get away, anyway?!?) and some General guy. I thought it was very gallant of them to pause in their speaking so that Nadia could say in English what they were saying in...um...Arabic? (Is that what you call that language? I'm afraid my Hoosier un-worldliness is showing.)

Wayne appears to be very tired and/or stoned. I can tell that Tom really wants to put a band-aid over those stitches.....oh wait....that's me. (I was traumatized by stitches when I was five...don't ask.) So, was Wayne bluffing with the nuking "Fayed's country" in order to get the ambassador to cooperate or something? Or did they just forget about that?

Then Jack and Ricky Schroder tailed Fayed into a tunnel. Luckily, there was no traffic AT ALL in Los Angeles at 10:30 at night, so we didn't have to worry about any innocent bystanders who might be bystanding in the tunnel. CTU really needs to work on some sort of communication/tracking device that works in tunnels. Is it me, or do they seem to run into THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM with tunnels every year!?!? Maybe they could put some cameras in the tunnels or something. Surely the federal government would pitch in on something like that seeing as how L.A. is under terrorist attack for at least one day out of every couple of years.

Jack told Ricky Schroder to stay in the tunnel and make sure that any back-up agents stayed as far away from the action as possible. Then, he followed Fayed through a strategically placed door that magically led into a whole warehouse or sewer or something complete with a garbage truck. Who knew all that stuff was behind tunnel doors? I always thought they just led to stairs to the outside or something like that. Jack then crawled under the trash truck and stuck his face dangerously near an axle rotating at horribly dangerous speeds in order to increase the suspense. AND IT WORKED!! I think he dropped his little communication device or something, because when he got to the place where the two remaining nukes were, he failed to call for back-up. Fayed then threatened to nuke downtown L.A. The fallout from the silicone alone would have caused a calamity of global proportions, so Jack decided to take on all four or five guys himself. Bang! Bang! Bang! (possible other Bang!....I'd make a lousy witness...I'm not sure how many guys he shot) Then we got some serious hand-to-hand-to-wrench-to-JACK'S TEETH-to-pipe-to-chain combat which ended in Jack wrapping the chain around Fayed's neck and hanging him in a slow and agonizing way. Ricky Schroder showed up just in time to do...well...nothing. Jack's floating rib fragments seem to be causing him some minor discomfort.

The nukes have been recovered! It's 10:57 pm! What could they possibly do for another 7 hours, you may ask. AHA!! The phone rings! Hmmm. Who could it be? Come on, say it with me....AUDREY!!!!!! She's not dead! (Dang it! I knew they were going to bring her back! Why couldn't the Chinese have reanimated Sherry Palmer? Ah well. At least it's not Kim.)

So....

Next week:
                              Wayne: Still stoned
                              Audrey: In China
                              Jack: Stealing nukes for China
                              Ricky Schroder: Aiming gun at Jack (seriously. After what he's just seen, do you think he'd do that?)
                              Bonus: I think MS is on next week.

Overall rating of last half of episode: **** BRAVO!!! NOW WE'RE GETTING SOMEWHERE!!!
                              Palmer's nuke was a fake- he was bluffing it all along to get info from "Their Country's" ambassador about a guy Fiad was in contact with (the guy from the phone call). Fiad's "escape" was all a set-up, he was "rescued" by CTU guys, who faked shooting Jack and Ricky Schroder's character (ala big deal episode preview). Of course the guys in the "rescue" truck immeadiately gave Fiad a loaded gun, which of course came back to haunt them.
                              Wonderful as usual Callista.

Comment

I was nearly loosing interest in the season, not so anymore!

Jack Bauer going Rambo: using a handgun to take down 5/6, machine gun wielding, bad guys - then a fist fight to the near death with Fayed.

Quite spectacular.

The only qualm I have is that, the 'threat' may still be nucleur related - I wanted some variety xD
                                It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X