Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCIS : Discussion, spoilers and everything else ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I missed the first half, I thought what I saw was ok.

Spoiler:
    Where was Ziva? I missed a lot of the ep but I don't remember seeing her at all during the second half. The psychologist lady got on my nerves for most of the episode(at least the parts I watched) I think the only reason I kind of liked her at the end was because of her connection to Kate.
    Shane Brennan and his need to "shake things up" concerns me a bit; but that has nothing to do with this episode really, so anyway lol.
    sigpic

Comment

@Killdeer:
      Spoiler:
      Kate told Gibbs she had two brothers, but she didn't mention anything about a sister. The way she said it made it sound like she only had brothers, but I guess technically, she could have had a sister. Of course, this show has gone back and changed a lot of things as the story goes on. If you watch Yankee White, it seems pretty clear that Gibbs and Fornell had never met before, but then later they've been married to the same person. The age at which Tony's mom died changes (at one point he referred to his Mom in the present), Kelly and Shannon show up and even MH said he was surprised to learn Gibbs had been married 4 times instead of 3. Then that lady who used to pick Gibbs up from crime scenes all the time completely disappeared without any mention of who she'd been.

I don't mind the changes too much, as I like that they've added all this stuff to round out the characters and make seem more real, but it is a little distracting when you go back and watch the first couple of seasons. I suppose things would be different if the writers had known the show would be on this long from the beginning.

Comment

Just to point it out, since there's some uncertainty about it, but:

Spoiler:
        Kate and Tony are having a conversation -- in Season 1, "The Good Samaritan," I think -- with Kate having to provide an emergency contact. There's mention of her having a sister then.

Comment

Thanks Callista.
          Spoiler:
          Yeah, that's pretty much what I remembered. And yeah, NCIS has always had a hard time keeping their backstories straight. I have noticed the thing with Tony's mom before too.

Edit:
          Originally posted by Oranos View Post
          Just to point it out, since there's some uncertainty about it, but:

Spoiler:
          Kate and Tony are having a conversation -- in Season 1, "The Good Samaritan," I think -- with Kate having to provide an emergency contact. There's mention of her having a sister then.
          Oh cool! Thank you!
          Spoiler:
          So they didn't just make it up for this episode. That's good to know.
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

Oh the other thing that was distracting -
            Spoiler:
            I know I'm one of the very few JAG fans that watches, but did you all notice Sturgis? At this rate, I'm half expecting David James Elliot or Catherine Bell to show up playing other characters.
            - Life after Stargate -
            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
            sigpic

Comment

I felt like the episode was kicking the dead horse.
              Spoiler:
              Not that I don't like Kate, but she's been gone for 6 seasons now!
              Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
              Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Probably could've benefited from having the episode some two or three seasons earlier, unfortunately.

Spoiler:
                Like Kate and all, but still. The team has been through a lot more crap since her death, from Jeanne to Rivkin and everything in between... Just felt out of place.
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Could not agree more with you.
                  Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                  Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

there will be a reason why Kate has been brought up like this...what it is i dunno atm... but there will be a reason

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

oh yeah, there's always a reason
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think the big tip-off is actually the other non-Kate stuff:

Spoiler:
                        There was a bit where Tony mentioned "almost losing that kid in Baltimore". Either I missed something from years back... or it's a tie-in to the Tony-joining-NCIS origin episode coming up soon.

Also, they tied in Ducky's bit with the plot about the old ME who was going senile from a few weeks back. And there's the ever present shipping stuff and reminders with Tony/Ziva and McGee/Abby.
                        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                          Oh the other thing that was distracting -
                          Spoiler:
                          I know I'm one of the very few JAG fans that watches, but did you all notice Sturgis? At this rate, I'm half expecting David James Elliot or Catherine Bell to show up playing other characters.
                          I noticed that too. It was kind of jarring for a moment.
                          sigpic

Comment

Sad news from the set today... a Security guard was killed after a bus driver fell ill at the wheel and struck him

Link

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

yeah, that was so sad.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm the first to post after last night's ep? Wow.

Loved the ending.
                                Spoiler:
                                Gibbs getting to live the dream of every technophobe in the world - blowing away a computer system. LOL!

Tony being all 'big brother-ish" and interfereing but in a good way for a change. He does have his moments of likeability.
                                Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X