MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
    What if Kate and Michael have fallen to the same new reality? Maybe her soul can be still rescued / downloaded / copied /AU transfered / transphased. Maybe the Crystals made a copy of her, so she can return as a UnityKate. Anything can happen in a scifi.
    Which reminds me of a fanfic a friend of mine wrote where Repli!Weir saved Kate during Doppelganger by transferring her conscious into her own Replicator mind and then into her own replicator body.

So yeah, anything is possible.

* Dr. Platschu searches for "Dr. Heightmeyer's therapy book" and reads a chapter *
    * "How to roast lemmings" *
    * oops wrong one, that was her cookbook *
    Note to self: never visit that universe.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Note to self: never visit that universe.

What about a turtle soup for appetizer?!

So back to the seriousness. I feel the SG:C became a completly dead place. The buzz is over and the message board is getting quieter every single week. I tried to post a few things, but the same 5-10 people respond only. Where are the fans?! Everybody couldn't ignore me or could they?
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I have a feeling Lemmening FH is mostly bone
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm okay with tuttle soup, for the record... tuttles are missing an R...

So back to the seriousness. I feel the SG:C became a completly dead place. The buzz is over and the message board is getting quieter every single week. I tried to post a few things, but the same 5-10 people respond only. Where are the fans?! Everybody couldn't ignore me or could they?
          Oh... that place has been dying for a while now. I find that when I don't check in a couple of days, I literally haven't missed anything.

Oh, and I do plan to do that connection-game but my brain wasn't in it this weekend. It was convention-weekend this weekend and I was dead when I got home both days. Working the Millenium Falcon cockpit on saturday, visiting on sunday.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          I have a feeling Lemmening FH is mostly bone
          Unfortunately true.

Comment

What about a turtle soup for appetizer?!

This place was on its way to the grave as soon as Origins finished. They didn't add anything new other than a couple interviews.

Back to the graveyard where it belongs.
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

The only reason I am sad, because that place could have been so much more. I try to stay enthusiastic, so I have posted a few quiz questions just to entertain the few remaining active fans. Just I feel that the wrong decisions of the wrong management can push Stargate back where it was already. So if the SG:C fails, then probably all our future SG projects goes with it. Just it is annoying, that somehow MGM can never find a really professional company. You know the Stargate : Worlds was also not finished by the previously unknown Cheyenne Mountain what could have been a strong leg for the franchise. Now they have also chosen this TopFan company who only managed to divide the fandom instead of serving them with articles, videos, new contents. And I am pretty sure TopFan will blame the fans that they have refused to renew membership, SG is over blablabla. There will be some pathetic excuses, while they won't admit that they have caused it in the first place. While other companies put down on the desk such high quality tv shows that Stargate : Origins felt like a bad joke or a really poor attempt next to them. So I don't know what the future holds, but we have passed the testing the waters time or this little social experiment, if they don't announce something quickly then they will lose everyone.

There is this Latin phrase : "ex nihilo, nihil fit".
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nothin...s_from_nothing
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

The only reason I am sad, because that place could have been so much more. I try to stay enthusiastic, so I have posted a few quiz questions just to entertain the few remaining active fans. Just I feel that the wrong decisions of the wrong management can push Stargate back where it was already. So if the SG:C fails, then probably all our future SG projects goes with it. Just it is annoying, that somehow MGM can never find a really professional company. You know the Stargate : Worlds was also not finished by the previously unknown Cheyenne Mountain what could have been a strong leg for the franchise. Now they have also chosen this TopFan company who only managed to divide the fandom instead of serving them with articles, videos, new contents. And I am pretty sure TopFan will blame the fans that they have refused to renew membership, SG is over blablabla. There will be some pathetic excuses, while they won't admit that they have caused it in the first place. While other companies put down on the desk such high quality tv shows that Stargate : Origins felt like a bad joke or a really poor attempt next to them. So I don't know what the future holds, but we have passed the testing the waters time or this little social experiment, if they don't announce something quickly then they will lose everyone.

There is this Latin phrase : "ex nihilo, nihil fit".
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nothin...s_from_nothing
                Agreed 100% with what you said. Thing is if, and I stress the if, we get new SG shows, I hardly doubt they would've used this platform anyway. It's simply not practical, and looks a bit more like a news feed from Facebook than an actual board where you can discuss fan-related topics.
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Now they have also chosen this TopFan company who only managed to divide the fandom instead of serving them with articles, videos, new contents. And I am pretty sure TopFan will blame the fans that they have refused to renew membership, SG is over blablabla.
                  TopFan only provides the template of the app and the website. They are not involved beyond the technical support aspect of the thing. They have plenty more big customers, like the DC Universe app that is about to launch in the US.

The content is all MGM and Stargate Command, so it's they who are actively dividing the fandom.

But they don't care about that aspect. They don't care about what fans want. It's what they want to offer and to whom that counts. If they truly were "for the fans", they would have put more effort into it.

Comment

SG:C will represent itself at New York Comic Con on 4th-7th October. Probably they "are working on it" what to promise or lie again...

Comment

SG:C will represent itself at New York Comic Con on 4th-7th October. Probably they "are working on it" what to promise or lie again...
                      Actually, if you search for Stargate Command on the NYCC website, you'll find you come up empty.

The booth is registered to MGM Networks so they're just a booth with stargate stuff, nothing more. Kinda like we were the booth with the millenium falcon cockpit at last weekend's convention.

Comment

I don't expect anything, just I mentioned it here. They have wasted the big opportunity in San Diego and then in Vancouver, so if MGM started a serious talk with Brad Wright, it needs at least a few months to create a new SG show.

Comment

I don't expect anything, just I mentioned it here. They have wasted the big opportunity in San Diego and then in Vancouver, so if MGM started a serious talk with Brad Wright, it needs at least a few months to create a new SG show.
                          Isn't Brad Wright currently involved in Travelers? (Excellent show btw, can't wait for S3!)
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Yes, he is the showrunner there, but it doesn't mean he couldn't focus his creative energies in some other projects. Hopefully.

Comment

I don't expect anything, just I mentioned it here. They have wasted the big opportunity in San Diego and then in Vancouver, so if MGM started a serious talk with Brad Wright, it needs at least a few months years to create a new SG show.
                              ... more like.

Comment

I don't expect anything, just I mentioned it here. They have wasted the big opportunity in San Diego and then in Vancouver, so if MGM started a serious talk with Brad Wright, it needs at least a few monthsHAS BEEN YEARS ALREADY!!!!!! *tears shirt off and yells in Unas* to create a new SG show.
                                Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                ... more like.
                                ... more like
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X