No announcement yet.

MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I watched the live stream with the SG:C guys on Saturday, there were only 145 viewers. When I watched AT on Sunday, then there were only 120-125 people. Even half of the seats were empty as well in the hotel when they showed the people at the Q&A section. So I don't know what was going on, but it was definately not a huge buzz there.

Then they haven't stated anything about the long-term plan with the SG:C. What do they expect now? Talking about 15-20 years old episodes? So if no Origins, no Jaffa stories, nothing were announced then what will happen now with this little SG:C community? Shall we wait for the next announcement lie in the near future? They will lose people very quickly if there is no motivation to keep them together.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      When I watched the live stream with the SG:C guys on Saturday, there were only 145 viewers. When I watched AT on Sunday, then there were only 120-125 people. Even half of the seats were empty as well in the hotel when they showed the people at the Q&A section. So I don't know what was going on, but it was definately not a huge buzz there.
      I can't be sure because I didn't check back in later during the day, but the live stream thread had been removed from the feed, by which I mean that it was no longer visible for general subscribers designated Airman+. It was all-access only. That could be the reason why only a few people were watching.

Empty seats, however, is generally not a positive note. At every convention I've been that is avoided as much as possible by telling people to move rows, even if the row in front of you is a gold ticket seat or whatever. Never should it look like an actor has little audience.

However, at conventions such as Gatecon, I imagine they would be planning activities against one another so perhaps there were photoshoots happening or autographs happening at the same time as the panels.

Then they haven't stated anything about the long-term plan with the SG:C.
      Because they probably don't actually have one -- it wouldn't surprise me if that were the case. They could just by flying by the seat of their collective pants.

What do they expect now? Talking about 15-20 years old episodes? So if no Origins, no Jaffa stories, nothing were announced then what will happen now with this little SG:C community? Shall we wait for the next announcement lie in the near future? They will lose people very quickly if there is no motivation to keep them together.
      Everybody who already enlisted will be around, and those that haven't yet will probably do so anyway cause they have something that others don't and why waste not getting that "founding member patch" and 3 extra months. And those that don't, are probably not going to stick around for long anyway.

I certainly have no intention to stick around for much anymore. When the week is done, I'll be at Command for a year and will have gained nothing, other than a few extra stargate relations.

ProperStargateRewatch posts will continue, and maybe the hangman too but beyond that, I'm done. For real this time.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        I think the Amanda panel was streamed. Can't be sure, Command closed their streaming page for non-access people on sunday. At least, I was no longer able to see it as a general subscriber.
        Thanks for the reply. Well, if they did put it up on YouTube then it would be unlisted just like Saturday's.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Maybe it was too soon to actually announce something? I can't believe that all of this is hot air since Brad himself made a speech about it.
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
            Maybe it was too soon to actually announce something? I can't believe that all of this is hot air since Brad himself made a speech about it.
            If it was too soon for Stargate Command to reveal any of their plans, they shouldn't have hyped it so much.

That's one the problems with that place. They hype something into oblivion and then can't deliver on it later, other than "we're working on it".

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              That's one the problems with that place. They hype something into oblivion and then can't deliver on it later, other than "we're working on it".
              Exactly. As a Hungarian SG fan said "if something is not reachable online in the XXI. century then it doesn't exist".
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Unless I'm mistaken, they didn't hype up an announcement at the event. Chris Judge said something might be said and they actually poked fun at him at the panel. If anything, I think GateWorld made a bigger deal of it.
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Exactly. As a Hungarian SG fan said "if something is not reachable online in the XXI. century then it doesn't exist".
                  Than a lot of things don't exist in a lot of countries.

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                  Unless I'm mistaken, they didn't hype up an announcement at the event. Chris Judge said something might be said and they actually poked fun at him at the panel. If anything, I think GateWorld made a bigger deal of it.
                  I wasn't talking about at Gatecon, but before, and before Comic-Con too.

I sure am interested in what that typhoon, Gateworld talked about on twitter, was all about though.

Comment

You know the GW also supported and advertised this event thad the SDCC in July that something will be announced then it feels they have done it as a clickbait for advertising the GW and SG:C videos. I don't want to condemn any actors, but CJ always talks like that in private? Is his stoic face his "acting" as Teal'c? Has he been in embarassement why he has misleaded the fans? He behaved really strange under the whole SG:C panel.
                    Last edited by Platschu; 17 September 2018, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Yes, Gateworld has been posting articles that Stargate Command keeps hidden for all-access only -- well, the article about its "future" anyway. And has been promoting stuff that is all-access only, and spoiled Origins.

And as far as I can tell, the actors don't even know that SGC is off limits to half the fandom. At least, those that I have seen confronted with it, act surprised enough that it seems they didn't or suspected.

Chris Judge goes along with it. I'm sure he's employed by contract. He can do whatever he likes, I imagine, as long as he doesn't damage the image of the franchise. That would literally benefit no one (even though MGM is most certainly turning it into remote island for most fans).

I haven't seen the SGC panel and I have no intention to watch it either, so I don't know what Chris might or might not have been thinking during it.

Actually, I have no access to the videos anyway so...

But in their eyes they're not misleading anyone. They are doing exactly what you expect they would do. They keep you just enough satisfied with new dialing home interviews and promises of other things, and those lucky enough to be in the all-access countries will bite.

Maybe they will only bite for the patch, or they will genuinely want to have more exclusive content.
                      They don't need the casual stargate fan, and they don't want all the fans. They just need enough "crazy" fans to pay the fee and enjoy their streaming and exclusive content.

The rest is just irrelevant.

May I remind you what TopFan advertises -- here are the key lines from that company:

YOUR AUDIENCE. YOUR DATA.
                      Take back control of fan data & relationships in order to monetize your fan base more efficiently.

BRING ALL YOUR CONTENT INTO ONE PLACE
                      Directly deliver and sell premium OTT content to your fans.

FAN RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
                      You’ll capture and own each of your fan’s individual demographic, psychographic, and merchandise purchasing information, and have the power to market to them directly based on the data.

Comment

Gatecon Panels - I included the reddit post for the 14th and the 16th because that's how I found the videos so I figured I would include the one for the 15th.

September 14
                        https://www.reddit.com/r/Stargate/co...ls_livestream/
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq6TVsdcHDQ - I did I google search and found this in a reddit post. Thanks to that post I right-clicked the name of the community, chose in a new tab and after some scrolling I found the Sunday Panels.

September 15
                        https://www.reddit.com/r/Stargate/co...ls_livestream/
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-Eg82fv8Cg - Thanks to Platschu for posting a link to this video. Virtual Green

September 16
                        https://www.reddit.com/r/Stargate/co..._from_gatecon/
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8O63iVDrAA

Other
                        A Look Around Gatecon 2018 LIVE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4JxopVPbx0
                        Last edited by planet_tv; 18 September 2018, 05:25 AM. Reason: added A Look Around Gatecon 2018 LIVE video link.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Thanks for the links. I have no idea now what is all-access and what isn't and why have they changed it halfway through the weekend. I am guessing more videos will be uploaded here and on the SG:C. Have we got one for the Brad Wright panel? The September 15th has got only the SG:C panel.

"Stargate guy" has also put up a video how the con looked like :
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4JxopVPbx0

FH: What is this TopFan? Are they the same with Tongal? I am confused, but your copied paragraph are a disgrace how they want to pass the flock of fans. Meh.

Comment

If anybody finds more videos on YouTube from Gatecon, listed and/or unlisted, feel free to: quote my Gatecon Panels post, remove the quote tags and add to it.

Comment

The live-streams were always available. They were just unlisted on YouTube so you could only see them using a link and those links were only posted on the Feed in the app AFAIK (and which were removed once the stream was over). I watched them all (live), except for the last one on Sunday. But live-streams on YouTube will be hidden by default once the stream is over, unless the user explicitly makes them available.

Comment

Originally posted by nivao View Post
                                ....But live-streams on YouTube will be hidden by default once the stream is over, unless the user explicitly makes them available.

Thanks for this. I knew what unlisted videos on YouTube meant but not the part I quoted.

Comment

Working...
                                X