MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    I'm a tad late on this news but RDA said he is willing to do more Stargate? He seemed motivated to lose weight as well if he was contacted by Brad, wouldn't that be awesome?
    I can see him work as a producer and a cameo on screen, but nothing more.
    He's definitely a good one to pull weight, but anything new should be left to a younger generation that can go on for more seasons if succesful.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Maybe he wants to earn a little money again as he shows up at more and more cons what he hasn't really done in the past.

I would be happy if he could work as a producer for a mini-series just to make a "transition season" from SG-1 to the new SG spin-off / new MW status quo.

I could imagine him as a husband of Samantha Carter, who retired from HomeWorld Security to raise up their child(ren) together with Sam. So he would be a supportive character now than an active action hero.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        I could imagine him as a husband of Samantha Carter, who retired from HomeWorld Security to raise up their child(ren) together with Sam. So he would be a supportive character now than an active action hero.
        How about NO on the S/J-thing...

And I doubt he would need the money... ...I think his pockets are generously filled to not have to work another day in his life.
        Maybe he's bored or has gotten over his con-angst and is going out into the world, meeting the people who loved him in his shows (and getting told he was late for an autograph session which made him laugh).
        Last edited by Falcon Horus; 26 September 2018, 02:07 PM. Reason: Because "generally" and "generously" are not the same thing...

Comment

Sorry, it is really not my business why he wants to return. Apology.

Hopefully he can move things forward if he could contact and talk to Brad Wright about the future of SG.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            How about NO on the S/J-thing...

And I doubt he would need the money... ...I think his pockets are generously filled to not have to work another day in his life.
            Maybe he's bored or has gotten over his con-angst and is going out into the world, meeting the people who loved him in his shows (and getting told he was late for an autograph session which made him laugh).
            Why not (S/J thing)? I am no shipper but I know for a fact that a LOT of ppl would like that and that would most likely in higher ratings. RDA is literally to most fans the ''Mascot'' of Stargate. I guess when you reach a certain age your goals change, as he said his daughter has grown up and he's probably at the point in his life where money doesn't matter anymore and all he wants is to have fun doing what he loves.

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
            Sorry, it is really not my business why he wants to return. Apology.

Hopefully he can move things forward if he could contact and talk to Brad Wright about the future of SG.
            Don't say that Plats, it is your business and every fan's business I am of the train of thoughts that celebrities owe the fans (regarding their acting career), for we are what made them famous.

On another note, I am currently watching Travelers Season 2 and man did Amanda Tapping got older! Its always the same with actors, we have this mental picture of them in their height and always a surprise to see that they are human after all.
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Why not (S/J thing)? I am no shipper but I know for a fact that a LOT of ppl would like tha...
              Sure, a lot of people would love to see that but an equal amount would rather not.

I hate the thought of that pairing with the heat of a 1000 blazing suns. So many things wrong with it, that it would make it a really bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Sure, a lot of people would love to see that but an equal amount would rather not.

I hate the thought of that pairing with the heat of a 1000 blazing suns. So many things wrong with it, that it would make it a really bad idea.
                I see I've stepped in a hornets nest!
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I see I've stepped in a hornets nest!
                  Relationships of the romantic variety, fannish or otherwise, always are.

Comment

That is why I ship Kate Heightmeyer and Col. Caldwell
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      That is why I ship Kate Heightmeyer and Col. Caldwell
                      Now I wonder...

Comment

What about Kate & Chaka? Are Unas not equal to men?
                        Spoiler:

Comment

What about Kate & Chaka? Are Unas not equal to men?
                          That could be problematic... but who knows what happens in those alternate universes.

Comment

What if Kate and Michael have fallen to the same new reality? Maybe her soul can be still rescued / downloaded / copied /AU transfered / transphased. Maybe the Crystals made a copy of her, so she can return as a UnityKate. Anything can happen in a scifi.

Comment

I hate that cliche with a passion
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                I hate that cliche with a passion
                                Do you want to talk about?

* jelgate hypnotized on a sofa *
                                * he talks only about bacons *
                                * blablabla bacon blablabla blacon blacon bacon bacon con con con *
                                * he is still talking about how he is right about bacons *
                                * Dr. Platschu searches for "Dr. Heightmeyer's therapy book" and reads a chapter *
                                * "How to roast lemmings" *
                                * oops wrong one, that was her cookbook *
                                * a very confused Jelgate will rethink his life and how to reach this new feeding ground *

Comment

Working...
                                X