Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least once a month, my friend and I get together for Stargate night. We usually start around 6 and go until 3 or 4 in the morning. Let's see...that's about an average of 12-14 episodes straight. Besides that, the only time I watch TV is when I'm watching my Stargate dvd's so that's usually one or two episodes a night. Oh and Monday nights of course. I do actually watch "real" TV for that.

Tasha
    Tasha
    JSDT's Sam and Jack Support Site

Thank you, Nikkirose!

Comment

Originally posted by Alexeil
      So how many episodes have you ever watched in a row straight?
      More than I would ever be prepared to admit to

Comment

We're currently rewatching the entire series on DVD and DVR during the hiatus. We're averaging about 2-3 eps a night. We usually watch a movie, so 2-3hrs isn't unusual. The most we've ever watched straight through is 5, I think...probably when I was home sick from work. By "straight through" I meant not counting pauses to answer the phone, get food, take the dogs out, etc.

BTW, when I saw the title "# of episodes ever watched straight" I thought "Am I the only one who watches sober?"
        Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
        O'Neill: Who doesn't?
        - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
        - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
        once done, cannot be undone...
        brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

I can't watch too many in a row anymore 'cause I have 2 little kids & a husband who doesn't understand my obsession! I think it's maybe four in a row, max. Unless it's one of my truly favorite eps, I tend to just watch my favorite scenes & skip the rest due to lack of time. My husband jokes that someday we're going to sit and watch all seven years of Stargate from start to finish - until I figured out it would take over 5 days of non-stop watching!

This post made me think of the time I stayed up all night with my friend watching The Monkeys Marathon on MTV when I was 15 or 16 (God I feel old!). I just can't do that kind fun stuff anymore *sniff*.
          e7of7

"It's not having what you want. It's wanting what you've got." - Sheryl Crow

Comment

I am gonig to try a similar thing not watching episodes in a row, but I am gonig to try to watch season 1-6 by the time I get the season 7 box set which is on the first day of course

Comment

most eps watched is the entirety of seasons 1-7 as have all of 1-6 on dvd and season 7 on tv-rips and/or promo dvds this took almost six days including sleep, so thats just over a season a day! prob bout 25-26 eps a day with about 4 hours sleep in between!

By the way i am a student and have nothing better to do with my time!
              Don't put jam on a magnet

my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle

Comment

I fell ill the other day and took some time off of college then my season 5 box arrived so I kained off most of that in a day, now i'm still ill and my GF brought me season 6 yesterday to make me feel better, so of I go again.

Comment

Don't usually have enough time to watch that many in a row anymore.

When a new DVD is released I try to savour the episodes as long possible so I only watch one a night!
                  'Ask an impertinent question and you are on your way to a pertinent answer.'

Jacob Bronowski

Comment

I woul say the first 3 seasons
                    sigpic

Comment

In a straight stint - i.e: no food, no breaks, no sleep, no interruptions of any kinda and phone on silent I managed close to 40hrs continuous starting with the movie and almost got to the end of season 3 before I realised I was starting to get ultra hungry and I could no longer understand what Carter was saying...

In a stint with breaks (i.e: 3-4 hours sleep and food) I've watched movie + s1 s2 s3 s4 s5, and if I had s6 and s7 on DVD I'd watch them too

Comment

My post #1. Yeah!!

I watched The movie (Special Edition) Season 1, 2 and 3 during a weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by gambit3131
                          My post #1. Yeah!!

I watched The movie (Special Edition) Season 1, 2 and 3 during a weekend.
                          Did you do it without food or sleep though, because if you did then I admire you and will permit you to join my club... membership details in the mail

Comment

The day I bought Stargate SG-1 season 4 on DVD I watched over 10 episodes back to back.

Comment

Lets see I watched the monday line up of stargate then I watched Season 3 then I watched my favorite episodes then I watched episodes I missed then I watched the movie on TV(which convently started after i finished with the ones I missed) Then I watched some of the ones that I had forgotten about, then I watched once based around the Ancients, then I watched ones based around the Asgard Then I watched like 3 or 4 based around the Tok'ra, then I watched the first Episode so I could hear Teal'c Say Few have said that you are the first i belive or what ever and to see a personal side to Daniels wife lol if u seen dvds you know what i mean LOL anyway I watched alot more after wards and I took some breaks for like 20 maybe 30 minutes between a few of them but it took me 2 or 3 days max is 4 lol I was home sick from school for like a week and a half i had to do something lol
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by Alexeil
                                Well I just got done watching five SG1 episodes straight thru, back to back. It went really fast too, didn't seem like hours at all. It's a new record for me, but I'm sure it's nothing compared to some fans. So how many episodes have you ever watched in a row straight?
                                i spent a whole day once laying in bed (sick! i had the flu or something) watching episodes from tapes. obviously a couple years ago. i have seasons 1-6 on DVD now . i think maybe... 2 tapes. that's about.... 10 episodes. and also a couple other times when i first got some seasons on DVD i would watch a bunch at night. i think once i watched sg-1 episodes from about 10 pm to... 5 am. i fell asleep after that and was woken up by my parents half an hour later

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                                Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Working...
                                X