This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
    Teal'c having a symbiote. (sp?). If this was the team left in Egypt after Moebious, Teal'c should be on Trentionin.
    The original Teal'c (according to the original Daniel) was killed, along with Sam and Jack. So there is no tretonin issue.

Comment

are there any novels that you guys wouldn't recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        The Power Behind the Throne, and Valhalla.

TPBTT has very little SG1 in it at all. The author has a story he wants to tell and he sidelined SG1 in order to do it. Teal'c, though, has a bit more prominent part in the story. I think the author didn't really know much about SG1, considering how he wrote the story and the mistakes he made.

Valhalla is actually two stories that have very little to do with each other. Jonas Quinn, however, gets to be in one half of the story.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          The Power Behind the Throne, and Valhalla.

TPBTT has very little SG1 in it at all. The author has a story he wants to tell and he sidelined SG1 in order to do it. Teal'c, though, has a bit more prominent part in the story. I think the author didn't really know much about SG1, considering how he wrote the story and the mistakes he made.

Valhalla is actually two stories that have very little to do with each other. Jonas Quinn, however, gets to be in one half of the story.
          I agree...though I liked the premise of Valhalla and the Norse mythology incorporated into it, it never really panned out.
          sigpic

----------
          FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

I didn't care for Alliances and was greatly disappointed by Sunrise. Good ideas and horrible execution in both cases.
            There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
            sigpic
            awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

I think it's really a matter of opinion. I liked Alliances more than a lot of the other ones and actually really enjoyed Sunrise. I never bothered to finish Valhalla and I personally didn't care for The Barque of Heaven.
              sigpic
              The Return of King Arthur
              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
              acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                I think it's really a matter of opinion. I liked Alliances more than a lot of the other ones and actually really enjoyed Sunrise. I never bothered to finish Valhalla and I personally didn't care for The Barque of Heaven.
                I also liked Alliances. And I like The Barque of Heaven. Like you said, it's a matter of opinion and just goes to show you never can tell

So I've said before that I am reading Moebius Squared. I've just restarted from the beginning for the 3rd time But, it does seem to be flowing better for me. Hopefully this will do it and I'll finally be able to finish the darn thing!
                sigpic

----------
                FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
                  I also liked Alliances. And I like The Barque of Heaven. Like you said, it's a matter of opinion and just goes to show you never can tell

So I've said before that I am reading Moebius Squared. I've just restarted from the beginning for the 3rd time But, it does seem to be flowing better for me. Hopefully this will do it and I'll finally be able to finish the darn thing!
                  I couldn't recommend Barque of Heaven or Do No Harm enough, and I think I've said enough about Barque of Heaven that my boyfriend knows he needs to read it. I think it would have made a GREAT two part episode or movie, just way too much potential!

I'm halfway through Moebius Squared, and it is flowing nicely for me.
                  sigpic

Allison's Written Words - Blogger Blog

STARGATE CONVENTIONS
                  Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention, Chicago - August 2012
                  Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention, Chicago - August 2013
                  Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention - The Final Journey, Chicago - August 2014 (can't wait!)

Comment

Originally posted by DancerChick1982 View Post
                    I couldn't recommend Barque of Heaven or Do No Harm enough, and I think I've said enough about Barque of Heaven that my boyfriend knows he needs to read it. I think it would have made a GREAT two part episode or movie, just way too much potential!

I'm halfway through Moebius Squared, and it is flowing nicely for me.
                    I loved Do No Harm! I loved the interaction between Janet, Teal'c, and Daniel and I liked the way they introduced Dixon though I got a little tired of the animosity between him and Jack.

It's funny, I think I've liked every book that has gotten a "bad" review
                    sigpic

----------
                    FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

But the Teal'c in Moebius comes straight from Chulak not back in time with Jack, Sam and Daniel, so he would still have a symbiote because he'd never been to Earth.
                      That makes more sense then. I thought it was the team before they were all killed off.

Still, not liking this one at all.
                      Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

which novels would you guys definitely recommend?

Comment

which novels would you guys definitely recommend?
                          I loved Sacrifice Moon. It's a great early team story with a great creep factor. And the author really knows the characters.

I also loved A Matter of Honor and The Cost of Honor. City of the Gods has some cool shippy moments . I also liked Barque of Heaven and Do No Harm (features Janet) andOceans of Dust wasn't bad.
                          sigpic

----------
                          FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

I loved Sacrifice Moon. It's a great early team story with a great creep factor. And the author really knows the characters.

I also loved A Matter of Honor and The Cost of Honor. City of the Gods has some cool shippy moments . I also liked Barque of Heaven and Do No Harm (features Janet) andOceans of Dust wasn't bad.
                            is sacrifice moon the infamous p3x-595 planet?

Comment

is sacrifice moon the infamous p3x-595 planet?
                              HaHa, sadly no. But they do reference drinking the native beverages
                              sigpic

----------
                              FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

HaHa, sadly no. But they do reference drinking the native beverages
                                Dang. would love to have seen that mission turned into a novel.

Comment

Working...
                                X