Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jo Graham gives us a little taste of Teyla's backstory in 'Death Game', here- http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/40717.html?#cutid1

Comment

does anyone know where i can get hold of the early SGA novels 'the chosen', 'halcyon' and 'exogenisis' which are all apparently out of print now without paying the stupid prices listed on amazon uk?

also, can anyone tell me if this book ever actually came out, etc :
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Internal-Dar...144409&sr=1-18

any information is gladly appreciated ...

Comment

Originally posted by mercy moon View Post
        does anyone know where i can get hold of the early SGA novels 'the chosen', 'halcyon' and 'exogenisis' which are all apparently out of print now without paying the stupid prices listed on amazon uk?

also, can anyone tell me if this book ever actually came out, etc :
        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Internal-Dar...144409&sr=1-18

any information is gladly appreciated ...
        You can try getting them as a box lot on Ebay, which is cheaper in the long run.

And no that novel has not been released yet.
        Please help my dragon eggs CLICK HERE My fanfics

Comment

thanks, i'll try ebay - why didn't i think of that!

Comment

You are very welcome, most people don't think about looking there for box lots of books that they are looking for.

Comment

on eBay uk there's a copy of 'the chosen' with a starting price of £70 (strangely that has no bids!) and a copy of 'halcyon' currently at £16, however this has over a week left to go so there's no point in getting involved in a bidding war at this stage ... i want these books, but at the end of the day they are just paperbacks ... i don't want to pay silly money for something i can read in a day (nor do i want to make someone else pay through the nose), so i'll keep looking ... as you say i might find them in a bundle of scf-fi paperbacks or something. fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by mercy moon View Post
                on eBay uk there's a copy of 'the chosen' with a starting price of £70 (strangely that has no bids!) and a copy of 'halcyon' currently at £16, however this has over a week left to go so there's no point in getting involved in a bidding war at this stage ... i want these books, but at the end of the day they are just paperbacks ... i don't want to pay silly money for something i can read in a day (nor do i want to make someone else pay through the nose), so i'll keep looking ... as you say i might find them in a bundle of scf-fi paperbacks or something. fingers crossed.
                I've picked up a couple of bulk sets of books of ebay for less than $10. Keep checking back there and you may have some luck. I was able to resell the spare books in my bulk sets for enough to cover what I'd paid for all the books in my collection. I also gave a copy of The Chosen away to someone on this site who didn't even bother to get back to me to say whether they enjoyed the book or not.

If I stumble across any bulk lots in the future I'll PM you the link. Also the bidding wars are insane sometimes. I don't know why bidders can't figure out that bidding early just drives the prices up, it's common sense really. I use a snipe such as Gixen to bid in the final seconds.

Comment

thanks again for the advise/help - really appreciate it ... i guess in the meantime i'll make do with new novels that are about to come out in the uk.
                  Last edited by mercy moon; 26 March 2010, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Got this info from Amazon.

Stargate Atlantis: Brimstone: SGA-13 Stargate Atlantis: Brimstone: SGA-13
                    David Niall Wilson, Patricia Lee Macomber
                    April 21, 2010 - April 23, 2010

Stargate Atlantis: Dead End: SGA-12 Stargate Atlantis: Dead End: SGA-12
                    Chris Wraight
                    May 20, 2010 - May 24, 2010

Why in the world would #13 come out before #12?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi40 View Post
                      Got this info from Amazon.

Stargate Atlantis: Brimstone: SGA-13 Stargate Atlantis: Brimstone: SGA-13
                      David Niall Wilson, Patricia Lee Macomber
                      April 21, 2010 - April 23, 2010

Stargate Atlantis: Dead End: SGA-12 Stargate Atlantis: Dead End: SGA-12
                      Chris Wraight
                      May 20, 2010 - May 24, 2010

Why in the world would #13 come out before #12?

I'm betting it won't. They'll both be delayed. More than likely number 13 will be postponned to come out the month after number 12.

Brimstone was supposed to be released in February, and Dead End was supposed to be coming out in the early part of this year after originally being scheduled for released in Nov last year...of course that depends on Fandy's definition of 'early'. They still haven't updated their website despite assurances that they would see to it. I seriously doubt either of these books will be released before mid year.

Hunt and Run is supposed to be out next month too. Not holding my breath. I'm hoping the SG1 books come out on time, they usually don't cop the delays the SGA books do. At least they will give me something to read to fill in some time.
                      Last edited by gottaluvit; 11 March 2010, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Well then they should change the book order around so it is right. And I am getting sick of Fandi not updating their site and giving us the runaround when it comes to the new novels.

Comment

They'll learn when their business fails.

Comment

It's really frustrating, especially when you see how amazingly the SGA: Legacy book series is shaping up. At this speed, I'll be old and grey before they publish any of the books

Comment

Originally posted by katikatnik View Post
                              It's really frustrating, especially when you see how amazingly the SGA: Legacy book series is shaping up. At this speed, I'll be old and grey before they publish any of the books

Those little tidbits the writer is feeding us look really good, don't they? I'm really looking forward to this series.

As for Fandy learning when their business fails, I really, really hope it doesn't come to that. Eventually there will come a time when they will be the only major source of new Stargate stories. It's not their fault for most of the delays, but it is their fault that fans are left frustrated with their outdated book release list and a site that is basically useless because Amazon etc have updates long before Fandy ever lists them. Also their response to fans feedback/questions seems to be a matter of pot luck if they reply or not. It's the customer service areas that make or break small businesses and it's breaking them so far.

Comment

double post

Comment

Working...
                                X