This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
    I am re-reading Cost of Honor. As was the case the first time, while I like the book, I am not sure what the heck the Kaw'ree are. Are they humans or some kind of human turned into monsters?. I swear I'm reading the book, I just don't get what they are.
    Having read both books twice, I agree. They are hard to conceptualize.
    sigpic

----------
    FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
      As long as I'm not alone in that thinking. I am going to go back again and reread it for the 3rd time. Mayeb this time I will figure out what they are and why they do what they do.

Comment

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
        I'm convinced they were human at one time, turned monster because of the she'fet (sorry if I spelled it wrong, it's been 18 months since I read it).

On a side note, I am reading the original 4 SG-1 novels (the pre-Fandemonium novels), and I actually am enjoying them. I read Morpheus Factor (loved the concept behind the story) and The First Ammendment. My boyfriend also read them, and said they were good early attempts. I'm reading "The Price You Pay" right now. I can't get past Daniel's blonde hair, but still they're not terrible. The Fandemonium ones are leaps and bounds so much better, but I love that these books focus on the early seasons.
        sigpic

Allison's Written Words - Blogger Blog

STARGATE CONVENTIONS
        Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention, Chicago - August 2012
        Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention, Chicago - August 2013
        Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention - The Final Journey, Chicago - August 2014 (can't wait!)

Comment

Update from Fandemonium's Facebook page! More books coming!

We’re delighted to announce the first of our new Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis adventures for 2014.

We’re starting the year by welcoming a fantastic new writer to Stargate novels. We’re thrilled that Geonn Cannon has joined us with a hugely fun STARGATE SG-1 novel set right before season 9 and featuring Vala Mal Doran – everyone’s favourite thief, rogue and all round scoundrel!

Geonn has been watching STARGATE SG-1 since stumbling across 1969 one night and recognizing his childhood hero MacGyver. Years later, a trip to GateCon in Vancouver inspired the setting of his first novel. To Geonn, the opportunity to write a STARGATE SG-1 novel is like bringing his career full circle, honoring the way he started.

Geonn’s first novel for us, STARGATE SG-1 Two Roads, will be out in Spring 2014.

Over the past few months we’ve heard from many of you who are mourning the end of STARGATE ATLANTIS Legacy, so we’re thrilled to announce that we’ll be publishing a two-book coda to the series.

Jo Graham, Melissa Scott, and Amy Griswold will be returning to the Legacy universe with STARGATE ATLANTIS Unascended. The Atlantis team are facing new enemies and seeking old friends, including Stargate Command’s eminent archaeologist, Dr Daniel Jackson.

STARGATE ATLANTIS Unascended will be available Spring 2014.
          Finally, we’re excited to announce the launch of a new Stargate SG-1 trilogy. Penned by Sally Malcolm (STARGATE SG-1 A Matter of Honor and STARGATE SG-1 The Cost of Honor) and Laura Harper (STARGATE SG-1 Sunrise), the STARGATE SG-1 Apocalypse trilogy will take Colonel Jack O’Neill and his team into dark and uncharted territory.

Look out for book one, Stargate SG-1 Revelations, in early summer 2014.

Watch this space for more info about new titles, upcoming release dates, and personal appearances by authors.

Comment

^^^ That is awesome news! I have missed reading Sg-1. I loved the Legacy series so I truly hope this SG-1 trilogy is as good. I did enjoy Matter of Honor and Cost of Honor, and Sunrise wasn't bad. Looking forward to these books. Here's hoping they keep with deadline. I need my summer reading.

Comment

I'm hoping the new novels are more team centric rather than focussing on one individual. In the past, it seems to me that there was a heavy focus on Daniel in many of the novels. I'm tired of reading about him and would like more team-focussed novels, or at least a few that are Sam focussed. And Teal'c should be given more time in these novels than he's gotten in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                I'm hoping the new novels are more team centric rather than focussing on one individual. In the past, it seems to me that there was a heavy focus on Daniel in many of the novels. I'm tired of reading about him and would like more team-focussed novels, or at least a few that are Sam focussed. And Teal'c should be given more time in these novels than he's gotten in the past.
                a vala centric story...
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  a vala centric story...
                  Yeah. I'm not quite as excited about the Vala one, although I will read it. But the trilogy sounds like it should be team focused or at least I am hoping. I thought the legacy series did a pretty good job of focusing on everyone. Here's hoping they do that as well in the new books.

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
                    Yeah. I'm not quite as excited about the Vala one, although I will read it. But the trilogy sounds like it should be team focused or at least I am hoping. I thought the legacy series did a pretty good job of focusing on everyone. Here's hoping they do that as well in the new books.
                    I agree with you, but I'm not sure I'll read it. They said it was pre-season nine; I doubt it will have much of the team since the team was breaking up at that point and Vala wasn't even at the SGC. The Legacy Series did a great job of keeping all the characters involved in the story.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      a vala centric story...
                      Well, the audio drama Shellgame was Vala-centric and was read by Claudia and Michael Shanks. I thought it was good
                      sigpic

----------
                      FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

This has probably already been answered at some point, but is there a preferred order to the SG1 books? I have read the first 5 of the Atlantis Legacy series and thought they were pretty good so I thought I'd try a SG1 novel. I just downloaded Ouroboros and really like it so far. Should I go by publication date or are they stand alone books and it won't matter?

Comment

Sg1 is all standalone except for matter of honor and cost of honor

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
                            Sg1 is all standalone except for matter of honor and cost of honor
                            That's what I love most about the SG-1 novels, they only require you are familiar with the particular time frame the book takes place in (and are good for telling you when the events contained herein happen).

I'm looking forward to all of these upcoming books, anything Jack-Centric makes me very happy.
                            sigpic

Allison's Written Words - Blogger Blog

STARGATE CONVENTIONS
                            Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention, Chicago - August 2012
                            Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention, Chicago - August 2013
                            Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention - The Final Journey, Chicago - August 2014 (can't wait!)

Comment

I've not ordered any SG novels for a while but with the new announcement I decided to start picking up the 4 novels I'm missing. I ordered Mobieus Squared and Heart's Desire. I haven't read a novel sine the last Legacy book. I'm really looking forward to them.

I'm also looking forward to this SG-1 trilogy. I like it when they can put more time into the stories - it's why I liked the Of Honor two parter and to a lesser extent Four Dragons and Drift. I wasn't a fan of Power Behind the Throne so I wasn't fussed when that trilogy got panned but knowing Sally Malcolm is behind this new trilogy gives me faith.

I would love to see some SGU continuations too though.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Yeah, the new novels dound very promising. I hope the decide to write some universe ones as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X