Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been away a while. But this thread is great. Not only because it goes back to what I keep banging on about on other threads: what is in their general SOP kit anyway. I'm guessing things like socks and kfs and so on. But also things like hats, space blankets, hats, medical kit, hats, sleeping bags etc etc.

Before picking my 5 things, I'd really like a rundown of the SOP kit first. So I can make a wise choice.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

If we're going the 'uber-tech' route, I'm going with this:

1) One week's worth of ration packs. Self-explanatory.
      2) Pegasgard Battle Suit with energy pistol and shield. Advanced protection and life support, just in case.
      3) Arthur's Mantle. Why bother choosing between cloak or shield when you can just go out of phase?
      4) Laptop pre-loaded with decent entertainment and software suite. Because I get bored easily.
      5) Naquadah Reactor to power 2, 3 and 4. Not taking any chances.

I might substitute a Tok'ra Symbiote for the laptop or the battle suit. It's company, the equivalent of a healing device, and the physical enhancements could be useful in a survival situation.

EDIT: I'm tempted to abandon the uber-tech route and go with simpler stuff:

1) Tok'ra Symbiote (see above)
      2) M4 with tac light, good scope and five mags
      3) A good book
      4) A good tent
      5) Three days supply of Belgian milk chocolate (since I wouldn't be able to carry six days supply without dropping the tent and the rifle...I'm not ruling it out though)
      Last edited by Sealurk; 07 March 2010, 09:14 AM.
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

why is everyone such big lists??? you really need a zat and a personal shield and your all set. charge right to the gate
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          why is everyone such big lists??? you really need a zat and a personal shield and your all set. charge right to the gate
          I want to make my life a little easier also if I drop in the middle of a Asuran city I would need most of the things I said.

Comment

My items:

1. Atanik Armbands. http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Atanik_armband

2. Ancient Personal Shield.

3. Backpack-mounted ZPM to power the shield.

4. Ancient hand-held modular energy Rifle (personal design-based on technology seen in the show and capable of being created with Asgard or Ancient transporter matter/energy-replicators.) It would kinda look like the Asuran pistol, except a rifle, and energy blasts that fire faster (the bolts themselves move really fast. So you can't dodge them easy.)

5. Wrist-mounted Ancient Life signs detector.

Comment

Exactly!!
              sigpic

Comment

Better to have and not need than need and not have - a saying I try to live by. People like to cover as many eventualities as possible, and while the zat n' shield approach will get you so far, it isn't enough.

If you're allowed to take five items, why not take five - doesn't mean you have to use them.
                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                sigpic
                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

1) a tent(if this is sg gear already then i choose vala's hand healer)
                  2)Ronon's gun
                  3)Some dynamite
                  4)Handheld railgun
                  5)A replicator disruptor (you never know)
                  An Axe age, A Sword age, Shields are sundered,
                  A Wind age, A Wolf age, Ere the World falls,
                  And no Man shall spare Another.

Driving fast has never killed anyone. Suddenly coming to a halt, that has killed many, many people

The Pope, an Irishman and an Italian are walking down a street, when one of them says "Hey look guys! A bar!"

Comment

My 5 items would be.

1. Life Signs Detector
                    2.C4
                    3.Tollan Phase Device
                    4.Zat Gun
                    5.Goa'uld Force Shield
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X