No announcement yet.

General Ship ( Relationship) Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y'know, one step towards better understanding among the factions is to not be constantly on the offensive, to stop taking umbrage at everything said and to quit attacking each other's opinions.

This is a SHIP discussion thread. It is not a shipper discussion thread. And if someone does say something obnoxious or condescending, replying in kind only escalates the issue, it doesn't resolve it.

Instead of nitpicking the nuances of others' words and trying to force meaning into them, why don't we get back to discussing the merits and problems of 'ship on Stargate?

Me, I think everything would be resolved perfectly if Luke would just kill off Pete and Jack. Then he and Sam could live happily ever after.

At least until McKay gets back...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Y'know, one step towards better understanding among the factions is to not be constantly on the offensive, to stop taking umbrage at everything said and to quit attacking each other's opinions.

This is a SHIP discussion thread. It is not a shipper discussion thread. And if someone does say something obnoxious or condescending, replying in kind only escalates the issue, it doesn't resolve it.

Instead of nitpicking the nuances of others' words and trying to force meaning into them, why don't we get back to discussing the merits and problems of 'ship on Stargate?

Me, I think everything would be resolved perfectly if Luke would just kill off Pete and Jack. Then he and Sam could live happily ever after.

At least until McKay gets back...
      oh please. this is one opinion that is definitely not valid. if sam and luke are together when mckay comes back, there is no way he gets to be with her. ya disapear off the face of the planet, ya lose... or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
        oh please. this is one opinion that is definitely not valid. if sam and luke are together when mckay comes back, there is no way he gets to be with her. ya disapear off the face of the planet, ya lose... or something like that.
        Bite me, Barbie Girl. Could be Sam's heart truly belongs to McKay only she figured he was gone for good and shacked up with Luke instead. But once McKay's back on the scene, thing scould change... Or it could be that McKay could survive all kinds of atrocities and indignities 300 million lightyears from home only to come back and get killed off by his first "real" food in ages which accidentally happened to contain lemon. The one time he doesn't ask...

It could make for an interesting fight, ya gotta admit...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          Bite me, Barbie Girl. Could be Sam's heart truly belongs to McKay only she figured he was gone for good and shacked up with Luke instead. But once McKay's back on the scene, thing scould change... Or it could be that McKay could survive all kinds of atrocities and indignities 300 million lightyears from home only to come back and get killed off by his first "real" food in ages which accidentally happened to contain lemon. The one time he doesn't ask...

It could make for an interesting fight, ya gotta admit...
          and ya just know who's gonna be serving him that meal.

i think that luke and mckay should have a sarcasm match, judged by jack, and the winner gets sam.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
            i think that luke and mckay should have a sarcasm match, judged by jack, and the winner gets sam.
            Jack will be dead, remember? Shep can officiate instead. He tends to be more subtle in his humor, but he has to have a good understanding of it in order to BE subtle.

I think McKay would win the sarcasm match, but he'd have to be VERY careful about what he ate...

Comment

This is what I get for putting *my* ideas on the *Sulk* thread isn't...this is a pennance of some sort

Actually I think a woman should judge...Weir would be my choice, I think she would be MUCH more impartial

and couldn't McKay just injure Jack I so do not like killing anyone.....That way Sam could taunt McKay whenever the need arises.
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Of course in an ironic twist it could, in fact, be McKay who poisons Luke. He would never see that coming.

Back to the S/J ship, I wonder how much people pestered AT about Threads at the Chicago con panel today? With all of the uproar the spoilers have caused I bet it was a hot topic. Although, KG said that MS was extemely tight lipped about it during his panel.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                  Of course in an ironic twist it could, in fact, be McKay who poisons Luke. He would never see that coming.

Back to the S/J ship, I wonder how much people pestered AT about Threads at the Chicago con panel today? With all of the uproar the spoilers have caused I bet it was a hot topic. Although, KG said that MS was extemely tight lipped about it during his panel.
                  ROFLMAOOOOO
                  Leave it to Shipperahoy to get all things back on track

and we're walking................
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Smart a....uh...alec.

But that does bring up an interesting topic. I've never been to a con and so I don't know how prevelant ship questions are but is it right to take up precious con time with those sorts of fluffy questions when there are other questions to be asked? I'm just playing devil's advocate here for the purpose of debate. I mean, we know that the actors aren't going to say anything concrete.

Comment

Considering that one of the questions asked at Gatecon was "Which Muppet do you think would be the best replacement for Jack?" I really don't think that ship-related questions could be any "fluffier". It's more a question of tact. I've kinda regretted my Pete question since asking it. Especially since I was the only one who even mentioned ship in any context. Well, except when Chris asked the audience for help on terminology... hehe

Comment

At least nobody asked the boxers or briefs question. The muppet one kind of threw me when I listened to the audio. I really don't have an opinion on whether or not ship questions should be asked at cons since I've never been and don't really know how it works but I do know that I hear a lot of groans and sighs about ship questions. For instance the mixed cheering and booing at your Pete question. Of course I don't think that I would be brave enough to actually get up and ask a question. Not unless I thought it was genius. Me good so not with speaking public.

Comment

Originally posted by Gategrrl

Okay, here's the volcano. Here I thought SOME J&S shippers were threatened by Daniel's very presence, that he was a distraction for Jack, and takes Jack's attention away from Carter!
                          Why would an S/J shipper be threatened by two men being friends? The only way I'd feel threatened by Daniel is if Jack were bi-sexual and showed a sexual interest in him. Other than that, I'm not bothered or threatened by their friendship. Though, if I felt that Jack/Daniel scenes were put in at the expense of Sam/Jack scenes, I might find a reason to be threatened. But I haven't seen or felt that. At all.

Sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

I should have left well enough alone and asked something random instead. *sigh*

I loathe public speaking with every fibre of my being. But if I'm motivated enough, I'll work past it and this time it was a chance to cheer Pete and- even better- to put David on the spot. Take that Mr. Roving Reporter!

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                              Yes, never trust McKay. He's the jealous sort.

I just read a con report and apparently everyone has been told not to talk about the last 5 episodes AT ALL. So I doubt AT gave any big spoilers out about the ship that we don't already know from the script sides that were released. But I think she's almost always asked about it - at least from every con report I've ever read.

They're also in serious negotiations for season 9 (20 episodes) so for all the discussions on this forum about the resolution for Sam and Jack it could be that the prospect of season 9 will have more affect on the ship than any fan preferences. If RDA is on board I think they're going to have to s-t-r-e-t-c-h this thing out for one more season.
                              Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Hmm, if RDA isn't on board for season 9 will that end the ship? Or, will they retire Jack, and *shudder* have a wedding at the end of this season so Jack can be an off screen house husband? I wouldn't put it past them
                                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Working...
                                X