Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    Awesome. I've been saying this for ages, though I think he's been too kind on the 'fans'.
    I agree.
    sigpic

Comment

Awesome. I've been saying this for ages, though I think he's been too kind on the 'fans'.
      This morning I was ashamed to include myself as a 'fan', but then I figured I shouldn't let the minority make me feel bad.

JOE ROCKS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
        More shocking for me than the fact that fans had actually bought into this hearsay was the infantile behavior of some – supposedly mature adults taking advantage of internet anonymity to curse and name call like a bunch of children. Really, folks, it’s embarrassing. I am embarrassed for you. This is the sort of behavior that gives fandom a bad name, giving those outside the community the fodder to marginalize, belittle, and lampoon.
        OMG. Hilarious. JM feeling embarrassed for people who behave just like him. Oh, that's right. He doesn't do it anonymously. He parades his mud-slinging and childish behavior for all to see.

Excuse me if I'm not hanging my head in shame.

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
          This morning I was ashamed to include myself as a 'fan', but then I figured I shouldn't let the minority make me feel bad.

JOE ROCKS!!!
          The minority who are rude or the people who criticise tpbt'? I'm definately not ashamed to be in the later section.

And Joe most definately does not rock, IMO. Unless you are referring to JF of course.

Well said CE.
          What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-walker-smith/

August 21, 2009

Photos: Mark Savela, Shoes, Jamil Walker Smith

Over the course of the many weeks I’ve spent researching restaurants for my upcoming Tokyo trip, I’ve made use of numerous resources: professional reviews, personal blogs, the Michelin guide, and, of course, several Japanese food sites. Negotiating the latter has not been without its share of frustration, however, owing to the fact that many of these sites are not in English. Fortunately, Google offers a handy translation service that allows you to translate a page almost instantly – with often bewildering or hilarious results. A recent google translation of a restaurant’s home page yielded the following tasty menu items:

“Liver appetizer dish of sand”

“Zestfully zanthoxylum, side dishes and a menu”

“Shanghai ‘catching drool’ hemp ‘oak Yamato’“

“Vegetable empty cores this month”

“4 old boiled beef”

And the following helpful suggestions:
            “People who are bad, please call the voice when you order.”

“Ingredients not in your mouth, please consult us in advance what the charge and any allergies.”

Hey, finally received notes on both scripts today. Thankfully (and most importantly) everyone agrees that it’s a two-episode story. “I can’t believe we thought this was only one episode,”were Paul’s words. Anyway, some terrific suggestions that will help clarify certain elements, address a few outstanding issues, and generally tighten things up. I tend to hate rewrites, but this one (technically, these two) actually looks like it could be a lot of fun.

Ah, the life of a writer. Given your profession, you’re expected to come up with clever contributions or witty turns of phrase upon request. Take this afternoon for instance when Lawren and Ashleigh marched into my office and Ashleigh asked me: “What do you write in a wedding card?“

It took me all of three seconds to come u with the obvious answer: “Come to my wedding.”

Apparently, this wasn’t the scenario they had in mind. I wasn’t the one getting married. I was writing a card for someone else who was getting married. Ah, they should’ve been more specific. Not that it helped. I’m a notoriously terrible card-writer. Still, I thought about it and, as I was heading out, I poked my head into Lawren’s office and suggested what I thought was a fairly brilliant: “May your love prove as everlasting as the Saw franchise”. (Seriously. I think they’re up to Saw 7). Don’t know if he used it, but at least I was able to head home feeling I’d made a great contribution.

Well, off to Carl’s birthday dinner tonight. But, before I go, I’d like to thank everyone who took the time to post some wonderful, incredibly supportive comments. They were very much appreciated. You guys are the best!

Also, before I go, I leave you with a few snaps from a couple of visitors to my office. First up is VFS Supervisor Mark Savela who dropped by to discuss fandom. Visual effects, and t.v. in general. Holy smokes! I thought Martin Gero was a t.v. junkie. Mark Savela actually puts him to shame. He watches everything. And I do mean EVERYTHING! Except, for some reason, Top Chef which Rob Cooper was convincing him to check out as I was leaving the office.

Actor Jamil Walker Smith also dropped by my office today, sporting some wacky purple he was only too happy to model for us. Trust me. If you’re throwing a party, this is a guy you want at the top of your invite list.
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Hi Folks
              The topic of this thread is Joe M's Blog. So that means folks do get to have an opinion good OR bad on what he has to say in that blog. As long as each member is voicing that opinion in a respectful manner they DO get to voice it.
              NO ONE gets to bash JM just because they don't like him personally. They are however free to voice an opinion on his blog and what he had to say. His work and how well he has performed his job as a writer and/or show runner. Those aspects of JM in the entertainment field are allowed to be discussed respectfully.

What doesn't get to happen in this thread is members critiquing another member's opinion on Joe's blog just because it disagrees with their personal perception of JM. Personal disputes over *sides of fandom* will not go on in here and will be removed. If you have to continuously be warned of that you will most likely be infracted and/or moderated.

If you would like to engage in discussion with another member on this thread regarding their OPINION on something JM has posted and that member wishes to engage you back please do so in a civil and respectful manner.

Thank You
              TameFarrar
              GateWorld Moderator
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

He showed a lot more restraint than I would if someone was standing over my shoulder, sniping at everything I did at my job.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
                  OMG. Hilarious. JM feeling embarrassed for people who behave just like him. Oh, that's right. He doesn't do it anonymously. He parades his mud-slinging and childish behavior for all to see.

Well, that was productive.

I suggest you read through the LJ where all this brouhaha was happening, if you haven't already. I'd post quotes, but I don't think the mods like that.

Though, they did call Brad Wright a rat ******* on a regular basis, so I think it was much worse than anything JM's written; and no, I wouldn't say they were acting the same as him; he's pretty rational usually, despite the snark; those fans, on the other hand, were pretty much...well, not rational.

JM's been pretty restrained for a long time now.

Comment

I must admit the more I learn about JM the less I like. From his, imo, dubious eating habits to the insults he hurls on a regular basis.

Be it calling certain fans infantile, raving loons or comparing well meaning people protesting the disgusting trade in Foie Gras to the Hitler youth!
                    sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post

I think I've read the majority of his posts for a couple of years now, and I'm yet to see anything even close to resembling that. If he's criticising people for being stupid, {mod snip} more often than not he sugar coats just how juvenile some of the fandom are too. I mean how many people threw around wild accusations about the producers when actors were written out, or when the show was cancelled? These {mod snip} personal vendettas some people seem to have against the producers are exactly that {mod snip}. Surely you can see the difference in that and personal attacks on the writers, baseless assertions about their supposed intentions and downright ridiculous conspiracy theories?
                      Last edited by TameFarrar; 22 August 2009, 09:36 PM. Reason: disrespecting members under the guise of commentary is a forum violation

Comment

I think I've read the majority of his posts for a couple of years now, and I'm yet to see anything even close to resembling that. If he's criticising people for being stupid, {mod snip} more often than not he sugar coats just how juvenile some of the fandom are too. I mean how many people threw around wild accusations about the producers when actors were written out, or when the show was cancelled? These {mod snip} personal vendettas some people seem to have against the producers are exactly that {mod snip}. Surely you can see the difference in that and personal attacks on the writers, baseless assertions about their supposed intentions and downright ridiculous conspiracy theories?
                        I've read quite a bit of his blog too. I quit reading {mod snip} No one could ever accuse JM of taking the high road.
                        Last edited by TameFarrar; 24 August 2009, 08:59 AM. Reason: Respect JM as a person please

Comment

{snip]

Respect Stargate actors and production crew members. This falls under the previous rule -- but it's important to remember that we owe the show's cast and crew at least as much respect as we owe our fellow fans. Criticizing creative decisions is fine; cutting down the people that make the show is not.

These people take time out of their day to read and participate here, and it's our job to make sure they aren't met with personal attacks because of their creative decisions -- or even drowned with questions and personal requests.
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/faq.php?f...sics#faq_rules
                          Last edited by TameFarrar; 24 August 2009, 09:00 AM. Reason: quoted post removed
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Well, suffice it to say I disagree, but I can understand why some people might find what he does annoying or irritating.

From my POV, he's basically your average Internet blog guy. He talks about himself, his hobbies, his job, his life; but most importantly: he complains about stuff he doesn't like just like the rest of us, and in a most snarktastic and ironic manner. You can call that childish if you wish; I think it's fairly normal in this day and age, and that's why I like reading it so much. I can relate.

Then again, I also love Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert, who basically spend their TV careers making fun of people; they have a loyal following, but a lot of people dislike them as well; they are polarizing figures because they choose to vent their opinions in the way they do - bluntly and sarcastically. Those who agree (comme moi) does so vehemently because they finally found someone who's willing to speak what they think without sugercoating or fear, and those who disagree does so vehemently as well because these people are basically making fun of them.

That said, if what you wrote violates the rules of the forum, then it'll get deleted no matter what your intention is. Story, end of.
                            Last edited by PG15; 22 August 2009, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              You can call that childish if you wish; I think it's fairly normal in this day and age, and that's why I like reading it so much. I can relate.

Then again, I also love Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert, who basically spend their TV careers making fun of people; they have a loyal following, but a lot of people dislike them as well; they are polarizing figures because they choose to vent their opinions in the way they do - bluntly and sarcastically.
                              In addition to these, I also like Chelsea Handler. She cracks me up
                              Sig by Pandora's Box
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                                Hi Folks
                                The topic of this thread is Joe M's Blog. So that means folks do get to have an opinion good OR bad on what he has to say in that blog. As long as each member is voicing that opinion in a respectful manner they DO get to voice it.
                                NO ONE gets to bash JM just because they don't like him personally. They are however free to voice an opinion on his blog and what he had to say. His work and how well he has performed his job as a writer and/or show runner. Those aspects of JM in the entertainment field are allowed to be discussed respectfully.

What doesn't get to happen in this thread is members critiquing another member's opinion on Joe's blog just because it disagrees with their personal perception of JM. Personal disputes over *sides of fandom* will not go on in here and will be removed. If you have to continuously be warned of that you will most likely be infracted and/or moderated.

If you would like to engage in discussion with another member on this thread regarding their OPINION on something JM has posted and that member wishes to engage you back please do so in a civil and respectful manner.

Thank You
                                TameFarrar
                                GateWorld Moderator
                                Just re-posting this so folks who like JM understand that it is ok for folks who don't, to share their opinion s here as well AND to remind folks who want to post a less then enthusiastic opinion regarding something IN JM's blog that you are expected to keep it about his Blog and those comments, not about him as a person. Making comments about him as a man and a person is a rule violation as has already been quoted recently by another member in this thread.

Even if you don't like the job someone is doing on the shows, we still expect you to voice that opinion with respect and keep it confined to the JOB.
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X