Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    What speculating? I don't need to speculate. I KNOW it's gonna be about Carson coming back as a recurring character. No more speculation needed.
    Yeah, but is that all? I mean, that's awesome, but by now I think most of us are pretty much figuring that. It's kind of like - "tell us something we don't know."
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

Finally, the forums are back. I actually wrote out the blog updates and saved them on my computer, but now that it's too late... *delete*.

What speculating? I don't need to speculate. I KNOW it's gonna be about Carson coming back as a recurring character. No more speculation needed.
      The Ratings speculation has gotten kinda boring, they are going up, that is all that matters. I agree about Carson and I think we will hear about Weir as well.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
        Yeah, but is that all? I mean, that's awesome, but by now I think most of us are pretty much figuring that. It's kind of like - "tell us something we don't know."

Hmmm...you're right. More speculation then?

Lulu the French Bulldog is going to be a recurring character! This, I decree!

Comment

Lulu the French Bulldog is going to be a recurring character! This, I decree!
          That would be so cute! Just don't make her a Doctor, that will end with massive campaigns to have her made full time! Her Daddy will be forced to cave in and thus renaming Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Lulu!

Yep the medication is not working.

Comment

SGA - Joseph Mallozzi's Blog Update Jan 31 '08:

From Joseph Mallozzi's blog update for January 31, 2008:

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/01/31/january-31-2008-marty-
            g-and-i-do-it-up-iron-chef-style/

(Please follow the link for the complete blog update. And LOTS of
            photos of Martin Gero and Joe at dinner...yes, more photos of
            scrumptious food!)

January 31, 2008: Marty G. and I do it up Iron Chef-style.

Have you ever sat back watching Iron Chef, marveling over the
            numerous imaginative dishes, and thought: "Damn! I wish I could find
            a restaurant that actually served food like this!" Well, Marty G. and
            I are fortunate enough to have found just such a place. Fuel
            Restaurant is a little over a year old and yet, in that short time,
            it has established itself as one of Vancouver's premiere dining
            destinations. We love the place and, apparently, the feeling is
            mutual. Owner/Sommelier Tom Doughty and Owner/Chef Rob Belcham
            apparently look forward to our semi-regular visits as it gives them
            the opportunity to test out some of their more adventurous culinary
            creations

**snippage**

Mailbag -

Aelfgyu writes: "Greyias and I have been discussing Carson's return.
            […] We've finally worked it out, however. Prepare to be amazed!"

Answer: Brilliantly incorrect, yet amazing nevertheless!

Promogirl writes: "Did the actors pose in any way for it?"

Answer: Nope. The artist worked off various stills.

Erika writes: "Did you listen to Torri's interview? […] I am not sure
            if I want her back now considering how you and the rest of The Powers
            That Be treated her."

Answer: Let me be clear. Weir's role was originally envisioned as a
            parallel to the Hammond role on SG-1. And so, unlike the team, it
            wasn't intended that she head off-world every episode. Like it or
            not, the character of Weir was intended to play a supporting role to
            that of the team. Still - while Brad was running Atlantis, he was
            very supportive and protective of the character, working hard to make
            sure she got her fair share of stories, and to suggest otherwise is
            not only disingenuous, but a slap in the face to a guy who was the
            driving force behind episodes like Before I Sleep, The Real World,
            and The Long Goodbye. The decision to make the change came at the end
            of season three simply because that's when we started making plans
            for season four. No conspiracy. Just simple logic. Finally, as a
            point of interest, do you know how many actors find out their role on
            a show has been diminished or done away with? The season wraps, the
            actor leaves for hiatus, and then his or her contract isn't picked
            up. Their agent does the math for them. To many producers, this a
            much easier and less confrontational way of handling the situation
            which, obviously, lacks the professional courtesy and respect of a
            face to face meeting.

Marielabbott writes: "Any chance Weir might be figuring prominently
            in the mid-season two-parter?"

Answer: Nope.

**snippage**

Promogirl writes: "Can you give us an inkling as to the number of
            episodes we'll see Amanda in?"

Answer: Carter's presence on Atlantis in season 5 will be dependent
            on two things: 1) Amanda's availability, and 2) The stories we come
            up.

Tess writes: "Will you or any of the Stargate gang be in attendance
            at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con?"

Answer: No doubt someone will be there representing the Stargate
            franchise.

Brendan writes: "So when you were deciding about who was to replace
            Weir…did you guys honestly think of creating a new character???"

Answer: This possibility was considered early on but quickly
            dismissed. It was decided that we already had a number of terrific
            established characters to choose from and, in the end, the Carter
            character got the nod.

Anne Teldy writes: "Will my namesake be eaten by space cows
            in "Broken Ties" or are you going to torture me by making me wait for
            it?"

Answer: Nope, not Broken Ties. Whispers maybe.
            Last edited by morjana; 31 January 2008, 06:53 PM. Reason: Corrected the URL

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

well I'm glad for those clarifications
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                well I'm glad for those clarifications
                Uh yup, cough he'll spend the weekend working fans into a frenzy for the 'big news' on Monday, which for all we know was the Amanda news sent out by NBC today

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-you-thinking/

February 1, 2008

Photos: Blast his quads!...And every other part of Sheppard's body...with sand!! So, Joe's supplied us today with a series of photos on the filming of that sequence from The Last Man where Sheppard gets caught in a sandstorm. Have a look!

Write-Up: Joe, Paul, and Martin face the wrath (obviously, I almost wrote "wraith") of the new VP of development at SciFi, who turned out to be awesome. Most of today's entry is focused on the note sessioni that took place a few days ago, the first one of the season, and it's well-worth the read. However, as usual, there are your normal hints of that certain Doc's return...

Oh, and just so you know, once that press release comes out on Monday - Mark [Stern] played a big part in ensuring a certain character’s return to the ranks of the recurring.
                  And, given the recent developments with Amanda Tapping, Joe chose to finally weigh in:

On the subject of Stargate Atlantis - a lot of you have commented and left questions about Amanda Tapping’s new project: Sanctuary. Were we surprised by the decision? How do we feel about said decision? How will this decision affect Atlantis? Well, we at Stargate have always supported our large, extended family - both on the set of our show and off. We realize that Amanda was faced with a very difficult decision and respect her desire to strike out on her own. A lot of the people involved in the Sanctuary project are Stargate alumni, and we sincerely wish them nothing but the best. As stated in the SciFi press release, Amanda will guest star on Atlantis’s fifth season - but the exact number of appearances by Colonel Carter will be wholly dependant on Amanda’s availability and the types of stories we have in the works. Still, Carter will be one of a number of familiar faces that will be popping up in the Pegasus Galaxy in season 5 - including a new commander. Remember way back, when I said we had considered a handful of possible candidates for the command position at the beginning of season 4? Well this person made that short list then, and we’re VERY excited about his/her/its(?) addition to our cast of regulars. As for who it is and what other little surprises we have in store…head on over to the SciFi site Monday morning and start refreshing.
                  Questions:

None today!

(<-An expression that could be shared by all of us by Monday afternoon? Zuz must be a prophet!)

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-you-thinking/

February 1, 2008

<snip> However, as usual, there are your normal hints of that certain Doc's return...
                    Not to mention he said before that:

.........Now Mark is a guy who often bears the brunt of much of the fan anger whenever those ubiquitous letter-writing campaigns kicks into high gear. They killed off Beckett! It’s Mark Stern’s fault!
                    Please, please, please, please.....

sigpic
                    www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                    Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                      That's your opinion. On the other hand, it could be argued that whatever impact people felt the death of Carson did have is somewhat undermined/cheapened when he is miraculously brought back. I freely admit I cried my eyes out at the end of Sunday and I'm abivalent about seeing the character brought back as I do feel it somewhat cheapens the poignancy of his loss. However, I'm staying open-minded and I hope they do it well and that they'll be great episodes.
                      Except for the fact that the writers intended to bring him back all along if I remember correctly.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                        The Ratings speculation has gotten kinda boring, they are going up, that is all that matters. I agree about Carson and I think we will hear about Weir as well.
                        hopfully season 5 might break into the 2.0 million
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                          hopfully season 5 might break into the 2.0 million
                          Actually from my sources out of the last 5 eps, 4 of them will most likey have hit over 2.0 million viewers, with BAMSR hitting over 2.3 million, almost 2.4 million which was the highest since Season 2!
                          sigpic

Comment

FEBRUARY 2nd

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...election-show/

First, chatter about some, uh, football game taking place tomorrow...

Today’s video: Behind the scenes on Outcast. Shooting the replicator fall against green screen -

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/e...rfree-fall.flv

Today’s mailbag:

Teslan writes: “In the original idea that Mr. Flanigan pitched out, did he go to Earth alone, or did Ronon or any other members of the team go with him? And which of the writers was responsible for the scene with Shep’s brother?”

Answer: Joe’s original pitch consisted of Sheppard tracking down a replicator on Earth. We filled in the blanks, coming up with the story and breaking it over the course of a day or two. With regard to the Shep scene, the writers came up with the beat in the room after which Alan wrote the scene.

Squeakiep writes: “ With Martin Wood working on “Sanctuary”, does that mean we will not see him direct any Season 5 episodes??”

Answer: Like Amanda, Martin’s involvement in Atlantis’s fifth season will be dependent on his Sanctuary schedule. If all goes well, he should be swinging by to direct some episodes in the back half.

Sq2830 writes: “In short, could you confirm whether the new commander is or is not another character from SG-1?”

Answer: I cannot.

Inpa writes: “Will details like which writers and producers will return also be announced in Sci-Fi’s press release or will you just fill us in here?”

Answer: Last year’s writing/producing staff will return for the show’s fifth season including Carl Binder who will hopefully join us the second the WGA strike is settled. Also, look for scripts from both Robert C. Cooper and Brad Wright.

Wraitfodder writes: “Was there a scene filmed with Sheppard and the horse?”

Answer: No, there wasn’t.

Sarah L. writes: “What is the most expensive thing that has been broken on set?”

Anwer: Clearly, the most precious thing ever broken on set was Carl’s heart the day the Asgard were wiped out.
                            Last edited by prion; 02 February 2008, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                              Sq2830 writes: “In short, could you confirm whether the new commander is or is not another character from SG-1?”
                              I guess that would rather give it away. What was Woolsey in first, SG-1 or SG:A. anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Tobias View Post
                                I guess that would rather give it away. What was Woolsey in first, SG-1 or SG:A. anyone know?
                                SG-1 - Heroes Part 2
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X