Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sgeureka View Post
    I agree. I skimmed yesterday's (the day before yesterday's(?)) comments and noticed that as well. I originally wanted to ask the CCR song question, but that had already been posted. Glad he answered that one. Also, I still belong to the fortunate crowd who got (would have gotten) *all* their questions answered so far.

At the same time, I can't imagine how JM should possibly answer the S&J questions, mainly why Jack wasn't in Unending. "RDA was too expensive." "He would not have fitted with the story." "It was a creative decision." "[insert sarcastic anti-ship answer]." (unlikely) Neither answer would be satisfying for the questioner(s).
    How JM should deal with S/J quesitons, which haven't stopped since season 4 Simply say. "no comment at this time."

As for "Unending," which I haven't watched, but did read a transcript and look at screencaps.... they'd have to have a logical reason why Jack was on board the ship in the first place. Can't think of one really. If they resolved S/J in "Unending," they will lose a portion of audience for the movies. Once a romance is consummated, whatever, a chunk of audience goes "yes" and leaves. Wouldn't help the movies....

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
      How JM should deal with S/J quesitons, which haven't stopped since season 4 Simply say. "no comment at this time."

As for "Unending," which I haven't watched, but did read a transcript and look at screencaps.... they'd have to have a logical reason why Jack was on board the ship in the first place. Can't think of one really. If they resolved S/J in "Unending," they will lose a portion of audience for the movies. Once a romance is consummated, whatever, a chunk of audience goes "yes" and leaves. Wouldn't help the movies....
      They didn't need a logical reason for Landry to be there, so placing Jack there should have been a cake-walk. Especially with the Thor/Asgard link. Who better then the first Tauri they met (and the one they named a ship class after) to entrust their legacy to?

They should just deal with the S/J angle one way or the other. If they leave it hanging, because the shippers might not watch is saying to me that the movies are too light on substance to make them worth watching anyway.
      Last edited by smurf; 16 March 2007, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Some totally useless stats derived from the blog and Q&A on Stargate (ignoring the food and off-topic stuff). Who made the most posts or what was mentioned most. Totally unscientific.

Anonymous – 108 times
        Arctic goddess – 8 times
        IWilldestroyanubis – 2 times
        Magic 8 ball made predictions – 22 times
        Night spring – 2 times
        Vaberella – 7 times

Beckett – 4 times
        Carter – 14 times
        Weir – 12 times

Amanda Tapping – 5 times
        David Hewlett – 4 times
        Joe Flanigan – 2 times
        Paul McGillion – 14 times
        RDA – 1 time
        Torri – 7 times

SGA – 17 times
        Atlantis – 93 times
        SG1 – 16 times
        SG-1 – 53 times
        Wraith – 22 times
        Ori – 10 times

Comment

IWilldestroyanubis – 2 times
          prion, You misspelled my name, I think.

I`m going to ask Joe a question later, regarding "Unending," I'm just thinking how I'm going to ask him it.

EDIT: I couldn't put the partial quote earlier because I was typing on my Wii.
          Last edited by NowIWillDestroyAbydos; 16 March 2007, 05:49 PM. Reason: added quote
          sigpic

Comment

LoL, gotta love Joe and/ or the miscommunications between JM and BW.
            In reply to a question about this news JM's response was "yes, I can confirm the magazine stated that". I think he should get more memoes on what they decided to confirm faster...

As for RDA in Unending, spoiler.
            Spoiler:
            They could have had him there jsut fine. he Asgard love him, especially Thor, it would have made sense they would want him there when they pass on all their knowledge.
            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
            Yes, I am!
            sigpic
            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
              prion, You misspelled my name, I think.

I`m going to ask Joe a question later, regarding "Unending," I'm just thinking how I'm going to ask him it.

EDIT: I couldn't put the partial quote earlier because I was typing on my Wii.
              Ah, well, I said it was unscientific, right?

LoL, gotta love Joe and/ or the miscommunications between JM and BW.
              In reply to a question about this news JM's response was "yes, I can confirm the magazine stated that". I think he should get more memoes on what they decided to confirm faster...
              Just went and checked. Again, another vague answer

Comment

MAR 16

Anonymous #1 writes: “Earlier in the month, you made a mention to Lorne. How many episodes do you think Kavan Smith will be appearing in, and will there be a conflict again with him appearing in The 4400?”

Answer: Not sure how many he’ll be appearing in. And, so far, we haven’t run into any conflicts with The 4400.

Zabadoo writes: “How hard is it to get a job in a production studio in Vancouver?”

Answer: To be perfectly honest, I haven’t a clue. I’ve only been working on one production the whole 7+ years I’ve been in Vancouver.

Anonymous #2 writes: “Will you bring the ancient warship Tria back in season 4?”

Answer: Maybe.

Anonymous #4 writes: “How do you feel about the participation of so many crew and cast members from the Stargate franchise in Damian Kindler's new avant garde series […] You've avoided answering at least one question already about your feelings on the matter…”

Answer: I feel fine about it. As for answering questions about the project in question, I can’t really offer much insight as I really don’t know much about it.

Iamza writes: “Have there ever been times when a scene in your script has played out on screen completely differently from the way you'd imagined it?”

Answer: More times than I can count. But it would be IRRESPONSIBLE of me to point to any particular episodes.

Sannsong writes: “Can we expect to find that there are similar allies in Pegasus that might be of help to Atlantis?”

Answer: Oh, yeah. Check out season four.

Anonymous #5 writes: “Playback Magazine has RDA listed as a cast member of Continuum, and one of the select few traveling to the Arctic for your special shoot next week. Can you confirm this?”

Answer: Yes, I can confirm that Playback Magazine has listed RDA as a cast member of Continuum.

Comment

Poor JM being left out of the loop

Comment

Anonymous #5 writes: “Playback Magazine has RDA listed as a cast member of Continuum, and one of the select few traveling to the Arctic for your special shoot next week. Can you confirm this?”

Answer: Yes, I can confirm that Playback Magazine has listed RDA as a cast member of Continuum.
                    The sly man.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

March 17

NowIWillDestroyAbydos writes: “1) About the Cello scene in "Unending," Does Amanda Tapping know how to play cello? If so, how good is she? 2) How many episodes will Beau Bridges be in for Atlantis Season 4? Which episodes? 3) Any chance of having Brad's "lost" script for "Judgment" (The final chapter of the Aschen Trilogy) seeing the light of day, so us, the fans, can see what it would look like if it had been produced?”

Answers: 1) She doesn’t know how to play the cello. That was the magic of television. 2) So far - 0. Between the movies and his own series, Beau will be very busy in 2007. 3) Since Brad’s script was an SG-1 story, it’s unlikely we’ll see it anytime soon.

Anonymous #1 writes: “To be even more specific, is RDA going to the Arctic to shoot for the movie. Is it officially a done deal that Rick will be in Continuum?”

Magic 8 Ball says: Signs point to yes.

Anonymous #2 writes: “Have we any chances of seeing Jonas Quinn again?”

Answer: On Atlantis - unlikely.

Craig writes: “If you are able to i was wondering if you could share exactly what it is about Irresponsible that irks you so much about the end product?”

Answer: You name it, it went wrong.

Riana writes: “Question, though perhaps you might not have the answer, but when actors are cast for a show like SG-1 or Atlantis, what kind of background and/or education do you think is most helpful?”

Answer: When it comes to casting, talent is what really counts.

38Trekker writes: “Any chance of RDA doing a guest spot or three on Atlantis this season?”

Answer: At present, there are no plans to have Jack make another guest appearance on Atlantis.

Anonymous #5 writes: “Do the guys at Bridge get a kick out of reading your blog?”

Answer: Martin Gero and Carl Binder are regular readers and I know that Robert Cooper and Alan McCullough swing by on occasion to peruse. So far, none has threatened to sue me.

---

The rest of the blog is a rather humorous and downright frightening tale about the instances when his wive tried to kill him (his words, not mine).

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                        March 17

NowIWillDestroyAbydos writes: “1) About the Cello scene in "Unending," Does Amanda Tapping know how to play cello? If so, how good is she? 2) How many episodes will Beau Bridges be in for Atlantis Season 4? Which episodes? 3) Any chance of having Brad's "lost" script for "Judgment" (The final chapter of the Aschen Trilogy) seeing the light of day, so us, the fans, can see what it would look like if it had been produced?”

Answers: 1) She doesn’t know how to play the cello. That was the magic of television. 2) So far - 0. Between the movies and his own series, Beau will be very busy in 2007. 3) Since Brad’s script was an SG-1 story, it’s unlikely we’ll see it anytime soon.

Anonymous #1 writes: “To be even more specific, is RDA going to the Arctic to shoot for the movie. Is it officially a done deal that Rick will be in Continuum?”

Magic 8 Ball says: Signs point to yes.

Anonymous #2 writes: “Have we any chances of seeing Jonas Quinn again?”

Answer: On Atlantis - unlikely.

Craig writes: “If you are able to i was wondering if you could share exactly what it is about Irresponsible that irks you so much about the end product?”

Answer: You name it, it went wrong.

Riana writes: “Question, though perhaps you might not have the answer, but when actors are cast for a show like SG-1 or Atlantis, what kind of background and/or education do you think is most helpful?”

Answer: When it comes to casting, talent is what really counts.

38Trekker writes: “Any chance of RDA doing a guest spot or three on Atlantis this season?”

Answer: At present, there are no plans to have Jack make another guest appearance on Atlantis.

Anonymous #5 writes: “Do the guys at Bridge get a kick out of reading your blog?”

Answer: Martin Gero and Carl Binder are regular readers and I know that Robert Cooper and Alan McCullough swing by on occasion to peruse. So far, none has threatened to sue me.

---

The rest of the blog is a rather humorous and downright frightening tale about the instances when his wive tried to kill him (his words, not mine).
                        Heh, yeah. I read that. I'm waiting for his wife's response

Comment

"Anonymous #2 writes: “Will you bring the ancient warship Tria back in season 4?”

Answer: Maybe."

A maybe is better than a no!

Comment

March 18

Arctic Goddess writes: “Have you ever considered doing an episode on one of the characters coming unbalanced and perhaps psychotic?”

Answer: Yup. Just last week in fact.

Itsaysgateheadonmyuniform writes: “ 1.You've said it's unlikely to see Jonas on Atlantis; what about an SG1 movie? 2. Will we be seeing Walter or Siler in season 4 of Atlantis? 3. Any plans for a ship based episode this year?”

Answers: 1. Again, unlikely. 2. Unlikely. 3. No plans as of yet but the ships will come into play over the course of the fourth season.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos writes: “A new series for Beau Bridges, are you referring to "My Name is Earl" or a completely different series.”

Answer: A different series.

Anonymous #1 writes: “I remember you from Anime Evolution. Will you be there this year?”

Answer: It’s possible that Marty G. and I may put in an appearance this year.

Anonymous #2 writes: “In SG-1 movies, will there be continuation to what “Dark Mitchel” said concerning the green wire in “Ripple Effect”?”

Answer: Nope.

Alipeeps writes: “Any plans for any interesting guest stars in Season 4?”

Answer: We’re working on more than a few surprises.

Anonymous #3 writes: “Why won't you confirm RDA's participation in Continuum even though it's already been revealed in Playback?”

Answer: Continuum is Brad’s baby and it would be presumptuous of me to confirm something like this before Brad has had the opportunity to make it official.

Anonymous #4 writes: “Has there been anything introduced on Atlantis that has similarly turned out to be a pain?”

Answer: To be honest, not everyone is a fan of the ships.

Ryu Gaia writes: “Is there any chance of the script for "Judgement" being posted on the internet as fanfiction?”

Answer: Absolutely no possibility as it never made it past the idea stage to the script stage.

Hannah writes: “I think it's fan-freakin-tastic that Michael Beach was in Atlantis. Will he be returning next season?”

Answer: Yup.

---

The rest of the entry consists of a food review of the Japanese restaurant "Tojo". It seems like he liked it a lot, despite the hefty price.

I think I'm going to take over this update thing, if nobody minds. I tend to check Joe's blog a few times a day since I have no life.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              March 18

Arctic Goddess writes: “Have you ever considered doing an episode on one of the characters coming unbalanced and perhaps psychotic?”

Answer: Yup. Just last week in fact.

Itsaysgateheadonmyuniform writes: “ 1.You've said it's unlikely to see Jonas on Atlantis; what about an SG1 movie? 2. Will we be seeing Walter or Siler in season 4 of Atlantis? 3. Any plans for a ship based episode this year?”

Answers: 1. Again, unlikely. 2. Unlikely. 3. No plans as of yet but the ships will come into play over the course of the fourth season.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos writes: “A new series for Beau Bridges, are you referring to "My Name is Earl" or a completely different series.”

Answer: A different series.

Anonymous #1 writes: “I remember you from Anime Evolution. Will you be there this year?”

Answer: It’s possible that Marty G. and I may put in an appearance this year.

Anonymous #2 writes: “In SG-1 movies, will there be continuation to what “Dark Mitchel” said concerning the green wire in “Ripple Effect”?”

Answer: Nope.

Alipeeps writes: “Any plans for any interesting guest stars in Season 4?”

Answer: We’re working on more than a few surprises.

Anonymous #3 writes: “Why won't you confirm RDA's participation in Continuum even though it's already been revealed in Playback?”

Answer: Continuum is Brad’s baby and it would be presumptuous of me to confirm something like this before Brad has had the opportunity to make it official.

Anonymous #4 writes: “Has there been anything introduced on Atlantis that has similarly turned out to be a pain?”

Answer: To be honest, not everyone is a fan of the ships.

Ryu Gaia writes: “Is there any chance of the script for "Judgement" being posted on the internet as fanfiction?”

Answer: Absolutely no possibility as it never made it past the idea stage to the script stage.

Hannah writes: “I think it's fan-freakin-tastic that Michael Beach was in Atlantis. Will he be returning next season?”

Answer: Yup.

---

The rest of the entry consists of a food review of the Japanese restaurant "Tojo". It seems like he liked it a lot, despite the hefty price.

I think I'm going to take over this update thing, if nobody minds. I tend to check Joe's blog a few times a day since I have no life.
                              oh hey, no complaint from me I don't stay up late enough to wait for his updates (wrong coast). Heh, in reading the one answer about RDA, I'd say Brad Wright did make it official when he talked to Playback

Comment

^On the other hand, RDA already dropped a note about his involvement in Continuum on March 5 here (but rdanderson.com only published it on March 17, maybe to avoid the risk of spoiling something before it's at least semi-official.)

At least there's no more doubt about RDA being in the movie at all. But I'm still expecting major news about the level of his involvement (minor, major), and I think that's where JM doens't want to be too specific... for now.
                                No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                                (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Working...
                                X